Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people like cab/clearance lights so much?

CdnHO

Reaction score
antenna is just one hole. the more holes you put in a cab the more chances something would leak. I didn't get a sunroof for this same reason plus I've never used them in any of my previous vehicles
I wouldn't have ordered them on mine but law requires then on duallies due to the width. I agree, the less holes the better.

123zk

Reaction score
I wouldn't have ordered them on mine but law requires then on duallies due to the width. I agree, the less holes the better.
Then the question should be how many owners have had there clearance lights leak. I have had my sunroof leak, either the drain lines get plugged from pine needles or other debris or the drain line disconnects. That's why I didn't get a sunroof. How many people have had there clearance light leak? My 1998 SLT not one leak.

123zk

Reaction score
Classic look with clearance lights with the Ram do I need to say more. Priceless

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221107-181352_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221107-181352_Chrome.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20221107-181323_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221107-181323_Chrome.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 51

CdnHO

Reaction score
Then the question should be how many owners have had there clearance lights leak. I have had my sunroof leak, either the drain lines get plugged from pine needles or other debris or the drain line disconnects. That's why I didn't get a sunroof. How many people have had there clearance light leak? My 1998 SLT not one leak.
Leaked on my 2003 dually. So far this one has been good. So far

phrogman

Reaction score
I liked the lights at night but not the orange lenses during the day. Now with the smoked lenses it's not a big deal. I get to have my cake and eat too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Freezer

Reaction score
There are two black "bumps" in the clearance lights. The one above the passenger I believe is an antenna. What is the one above the driver?

Redfour5

Reaction score
My wife hates sleeping on the ground and we do live in MT and are sometimes not the top predator... Did I ever tell you about the Grizzly making scratch marks on a tree next to our pop up, Flagg Ranch next AM sign warned everyone... Neither I or the old lab woke up but wife did... but I digress... BUT I did find one that does fit in the bed for under 200 bucks... but I'm only looking at mostly single nights. We will see.

jsalbre

Reaction score
My wife hates sleeping on the ground and we do live in MT and are sometimes not the top predator... Did I ever tell you about the Grizzly making scratch marks on a tree next to our pop up, Flagg Ranch next AM sign warned everyone... Neither I or the old lab woke up but wife did... but I digress... BUT I did find one that does fit in the bed for under 200 bucks... but I'm only looking at mostly single nights. We will see.
Wrong thread?

LousRam

Reaction score
I think they look great. When I see an HD Ram without them at night it almost looks a bit “naked”, since the mirrors have the Amber running lights.
But If my truck didn’t come with them I don’t think I’d be drilling holes in the roof to add them lol.

I agree I’m not sure why it’s automatically part of the Power Wagon trim. People say it’s because of the height with the factory ride height or the width with the flares…but the Tradesman PW doesn’t get the cab lights automatically so IDK. I think it should be optional, but for the $95 they charge might as well get it!

View attachment 26849
Nice looking

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
How that works? Unless he's idling his truck all night his cab lights would be off
A jumper in the 7 pin from the 12V+ to the running lights would turn them on with the vehicle off. Thats what happens when the plug get corrosion and only the cab lights stay on lol

Users who are viewing this thread