Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people like cab/clearance lights so much?

dynocompe

Reaction score
when a truck with cab lights is coming at me on the highway i notice their cab lights first 90% of the time. I live on a highway, i want to be noticed, already been hit turning into my driveway. i am always hauling trailers too, i want people to be aware i am wide

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
It can’t hurt. Maybe a WIDE LOAD windshield banner might help? That one might depend on the girth of the significant others torso though. ;) :oops:
But seriously few on the hi way pay attention to other drivers. :(

Firebird

Reaction score
when a truck with cab lights is coming at me on the highway i notice their cab lights first 90% of the time. I live on a highway, i want to be noticed, already been hit turning into my driveway. i am always hauling trailers too, i want people to be aware i am wide
Just like my Harley, the more lights the better, drivers are too distracted these days

Redfour5

Reaction score
I never really understood why people want them. I know if your rig is over 80" wide they are required per NHTSA but we are just under that so no real legal reason to run them (except duallies). Mirrors and flares don't count towards the 80"'s either. Power Wagons come with them but I wish mine did not. pain to wax around and one more place for water to leak in. I know they help on coming traffic judge your width but when I meet a full size truck I am seeing their headlights not looking at the tops of their cabs. Is there more compelling reasons I am missing? thanks.
They come with the Snow Chief package. For 995 you get limited slip, aux switches, big alternator and the lights whether you like them or not. Limited slip alone is like 500 and should be required, is for me. I wanted the aux switches, the big alternator is gravy...

Firebird

Reaction score
where did you find those running board lights?

madgoal1

Reaction score
Have never liked the cab lights, but the latest truck came with them so will live with them.

foneguy

Reaction score
and the lights on the mirrors.....what about those?

jetrinka

Reaction score
I just ordered mine with clearance lights because where I live in the NW corner of Washington state it’s swarming with Prius’s and they need to see me so they can get out of my way.

The hay hauler lights likely trigger them lol

LousRam

Reaction score
Had them on my last three 2500 I like them.
19809.jpg

CdnHO

Reaction score
I don't care for the cab lights myself as they are just another hole in the roof that can leak. Just like the sun roof. However the law requires them on duallies so I will live with them and keep my fingers crossed.

Nick

Reaction score
So you can have 5 xtra holes in your roof for potential leaks !

Users who are viewing this thread