Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people like cab/clearance lights so much?

love2build

Reaction score
I think given the shark fin and other antenna in that line they are best hidden in the row of cab lights. I’m not sure why the shark fin isn’t at the back of the roof in the centre like every one else but it must be for a reason.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I think given the shark fin and other antenna in that line they are best hidden in the row of cab lights. I’m not sure why the shark fin isn’t at the back of the roof in the centre like every one else but it must be for a reason.

Rear mounted shark fin + truck bed camper = fail.

kxnate

Reaction score
Purely looks for me, have always liked the look of cab lights at night. My favorite was my 83 Dodge with a Lund moonvisor with the orange lights in the leading edge and I could see their orange glow through the windshield at night, I miss the 90's!! One added bonus I kinda like about my chrome bug deflector is at night I get an orange reflection glow of the cab lights on the rear edge of the bug deflector so I can enjoy my cablights along with everyone else!

Ron045

Reaction score
We were bouncing back and forth between a GMC Yukon XL and the Ram 2500 (I know... Not even a comparison, don't ask why). Darling Wife wanted the GMC and I wanted the truck. She said, it's your vehicle, so you choose. But if you choose the truck, I don't want those stupid lights on the roof.

Ooooo K. Not a problem, scratch the lights. We're both happy.

Ron

Robtheelder

Reaction score
LOL I like them so I have them. Mine are SOLAR so no holes to leak. I had them mounted on my 1500, blacked out with amber LEDs. That is why I looked and found the SOLAR cab lights cause no holes. They are bluetooth controlled and solar powered so no wires.

I think a truck without cab lights is just naked looking. I grew up when they were on a LOT of trucks and just learned to love them.

Plus when I connect my two car hauler gooseneck I like the added attention that they receive.

I am too old to be critical of what makes others happy. I just enjoy it all. :)

Jarred

Reaction score
LOL I like them so I have them. Mine are SOLAR so no holes to leak. I had them mounted on my 1500, blacked out with amber LEDs. That is why I looked and found the SOLAR cab lights cause no holes. They are bluetooth controlled and solar powered so no wires.

I think a truck without cab lights is just naked looking. I grew up when they were on a LOT of trucks and just learned to love them.

Plus when I connect my two car hauler gooseneck I like the added attention that they receive.

I am too old to be critical of what makes others happy. I just enjoy it all. :)
@Robtheelder , do you have a link to the ones you purchased? I have a plow that'll put me over the width but my truck didn't come with them.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Add me to the list of covers up the wonky placement of the fins! I’m sure some of the designers carry white sticks. :cool: Put them at the back or make them both the same shape/size. Some experts say they can’t go at the back….but wait..my 12 has one at the back.:eek:

flan

Reaction score
I just always liked the look. Gives the truck the mini big rig appearance. I had a 06 2500 I bought off the lot in the past and even added them to it.

DesertChicken

Reaction score
People are like crows, they like shiney things.
I wish the function of the “shark fin” was incorporated in the center mount rake light.

Users who are viewing this thread