Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which tuner? EZ-Lynk vs EFI Live vs MM3.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Was told that the ez lynk can reset to stock…that but true?
That but true. I do it every time I go to the dealer. But, as Mega said, it has to be the Ezlynk that has the tunes and the stock tune

07stuntin6r

Reaction score
That but true. I do it every time I go to the dealer. But, as Mega said, it has to be the Ezlynk that has the tunes and the stock tune
Okay yeah he said he had a stock tune and his own tunes. Ez lynk, SOTF and tranny tunes 1600 shipped

John Jensen

Reaction score
Okay yeah he said he had a stock tune and his own tunes. Ez lynk, SOTF and tranny tunes 1600 shipped
I don't believe his stock tune would work on your truck as they are Vin-associated. Any dealer can put your stock tune in.

Last edited:

07stuntin6r

Reaction score
He’s a tuner idk just what he told me. They are specifically his tunes from his truck just what he loads. He said the ez lynk can return truck back to stock idk. This is why I keep getting confused.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
There is a Stock Tune and a "Stock Tune". The Former one is from RAM and later one is from a tuner who would modify a few things but would leave the power settings unchanged.
If you want to go to Stock, only dealer could do that.
I wonder though why you want to go back to stock? You know that your (deleted) truck won't run on a stock tune, right?
Before you attempt any of these you will need to get a tuner (ZX Lynk, EFI Live, etc) and have a delete tune ready to load into your truck once it rolls out of dealers bay door.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
He’s a tuner idk just what he told me. They are specifically his tunes from his truck just what he loads. He said the ez lynk can return truck back to stock idk. This is why I keep getting confused.
This is how it works, so you don't get confused by others:
When you attempt to delete a truck, you get a tuner with appropriate tunes.
- Save your stock tune
- Flush a new tune
- Remove the emissions components

If there is a need to return to stock (like before visiting a dealer), you plug your tuner back in and re-load YOUR stock tune. Once done at the dealer, plug your tuner in and re-load a modified tune.

No one will have YOUR stock tune but the previous owner, and the chances are he already deleted the stock tune of your truck when he traded it in. Only dealer can reflash it back to stock

07stuntin6r

Reaction score
I
There is a Stock Tune and a "Stock Tune". The Former one is from RAM and later one is from a tuner who would modify a few things but would leave the power settings unchanged.
I wonder though why you want to go back to stock? You know that your (deleted) truck won't run on a stock tune, right?
Before you attempt any of these you will need to get a tuner (ZX Lynk, EFI Live, etc) and have a delete tune ready to load into your truck once it rolls out of dealers bay door.
I don’t want to go back to stock and know it won’t run correctly. I simply want to know myself what time I’m on and be able to change when I want etc. not just run whatever tune is on here. I personally want a tuner/monitor in one like mm3, raceme or CTS. Any good places to get one that I “need”?

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Gotcha! So you don't need to go to stock. Just get a tuner with tunes and flash a new tune in it.
Sorry I'm North of the boarder so can't really help you with where, maybe someone else will pitch in.

John Jensen

Reaction score
To clarify, my EzLynk tuner has Calibrated's 5 tunes. One is their optimized stock tune plus four of their power tunes. It also has the truck's stock Ram tune which is the one I return to for dealer visits.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Gotcha! So you don't need to go to stock. Just get a tuner with tunes and flash a new tune in it.
Sorry I'm North of the boarder so can't really help you with where, maybe someone else will pitch in.
I said he should go back to stock tune from dealer before he gets his own tunes/ tuner so he can flash it in the dealer lot. My reasoning for that is who knows what kinda crap tune is there and it may reek havoc on the ECM as they are ment to be retuned to stock before a different tuners files are used. So im just worried the guy may brick his ECM unintentionally

07stuntin6r

Reaction score
I said he should go back to stock tune from dealer before he gets his own tunes/ tuner so he can flash it in the dealer lot. My reasoning for that is who knows what kinda crap tune is there and it may reek havoc on the ECM as they are ment to be retuned to stock before a different tuners files are used. So im just worried the guy may brick his ECM unintentionally
Appreciate the help everyone. So I can tune it as it sits with a tune it will just overwrite it, but could lock my ECM.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Appreciate the help everyone. So I can tune it as it sits with a tune it will just overwrite it, but could lock my ECM.
Exactly and you wont have a stock file to return to if ever needed

07stuntin6r

Reaction score
Theoretically when/why would I need too it’s. 13 no warranty. If I do it before dealer they’re gonna see tons of CEL and obvious what’s been done….

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Theoretically when/why would I need too it’s. 13 no warranty. If I do it before dealer they’re gonna see tons of CEL and obvious what’s been done….
For me its more about the possible bricking the ECM not so much the return to stock

GPurcell01

Reaction score

This may be the correct process however went from EFI Live to EZ-Lynk and a different tuner. Never went back to stock just flashed the new. No issues at all.

I have seen this done with a few other trucks as well that had rando tunes when bought used. Got the good stuff, loaded, and go.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
This may be the correct process however went from EFI Live to EZ-Lynk and a different tuner. Never went back to stock just flashed the new. No issues at all.

I have seen this done with a few other trucks as well that had rando tunes when bought used. Got the good stuff, loaded, and go.
I know most reputable tuners can be flashed between easy enough no issue but seeing as he does not know who tuned it that is more my concern as the crappy tuners seem to have the bricking issues. At the end of the day i dont think he will have an issue but a word of caution is never a bad thing

gyman98

Reaction score
[MOD: HDRAMS does not condone or endorse emissions modifications where illegal.]

I own a diesel shop in Canada and have tuning devices and tuning available from a few different reputable tuners (where legal and permitted.) If anyone needs anything let me know and give you a quote Valley Center.

Valley Center

Nw 31 6 25 W2, SK S0H 4H0
(306) 640-6055 https://g.co/kgs/VD1KQN

Last edited by a moderator:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I own a diesel shop in Canada and have tuning devices and tuning available from a few different reputable tuners. If anyone needs anything let me know and give you a quote Valley Center

Valley Center

Nw 31 6 25 W2, SK S0H 4H0
(306) 640-6055 https://g.co/kgs/VD1KQN
Good to know, do you have a website? I passed by the area of your shop today on my way out to Alberta today lol

Users who are viewing this thread