Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which tuner? EZ-Lynk vs EFI Live vs MM3.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Well gents i just sold the EFI live and got myself an ez-link
It was a tough choice as i prefer the EFI live but on thing the ez link does that the efi does not is i can tune my SXS with the ez link so i dont see a point in running 2 different tuning devices

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Isn't ez lynk locks into a VIN?
How would you use it on 2 vehicles is that's the case?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Isn't ez lynk locks into a VIN?
How would you use it on 2 vehicles is that's the case?
No it does not i believe the tunes are the only thing locked but i could be wrong i have heard of others doing it for 2 vehicles

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Well should have looked into this before making a switch. EFI Live can be used on up to 32 vehicles I believe (I think it says so on their product page), others lock into VIN. That's why you don't see any newer programmers for sale by themselves, they're just paperweight when removed from a vehicle they were used in.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Well should have looked into this before making a switch. EFI Live can be used on up to 32 vehicles I believe (I think it says so on their product page), others lock into VIN. That's why you don't see any newer programmers for sale by themselves, they're just paperweight when removed from a vehicle they were used in.
Efi is good for 600 vehicles at one time only the tunes are vin locked…

Ez lynk is not vin locked and can be used on multiple vehicles at once- this is right from EZ Lynk ( they don't specify a limit) but their claim to fame acording to their site is being able to be used for large fleets with one unit

So it is the solution for me wanting it for my SXS also the unlimited support is great

The MM3 is the only one that is vin locked unless returned to stock on the original vehicle

I love the EFI live i wish they would offer power sports tuning capability

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
Switched to Proven. Detailed and proper review will be posted when I have the time and even more experience. But I will say, night and day difference in every good way. 0 lugging, more power, cleaner overall in feel, sound & fuel delivery near no smoke but more power even in lower ''HP'' tune levels than Optimal. Wow is all I can say every time I drive the truck these days. So thankful I did it. Also, I have both Optimal and Driven on my EZLynk in case anyone wondered as I did previously if one would delete for the other to be put in place.

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Switched to Proven. Detailed and proper review will be posted when I have the time and even more experience. But I will say, night and day difference in every good way. 0 lugging, more power, cleaner overall in feel, sound & fuel delivery (near no smoke but more power even in lower ''HP'' tune levels than Optimal. Wow is all I can say every time I drive the truck these days. So thankful I did it. Also, I have both Optimal and Driven on my EZLynk in case anyone wondered as I did previously if one would delete for the other to be put in place.
Welcome to the dark side of quality tuners, proven is not bad

07stuntin6r

Reaction score
Stumbled upon this forum/thread looking for an answer. What tuner/tuners be able to overwrite and basically install my own from scratch? 13 ram 6.7L it’s del/tuned but prev owner didn’t include tuner in the truck when I got from dealership.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Stumbled upon this forum/thread looking for an answer. What tuner/tuners be able to overwrite and basically install my own from scratch? 13 ram 6.7L it’s del/tuned but prev owner didn’t include tuner in the truck when I got from dealership.
Have it flashed to stock from the dealer then load your own tuner/tunes of choice

07stuntin6r

Reaction score
Have it flashed to stock from the dealer then load your own tuner/tunes of choice
That going to mess with how the truck runs or just throw CEL? How much they normally charge for that? Was told that the ez lynk can reset to stock…that but true?

MEGA HO

Reaction score
That going to mess with how the truck runs or just throw CEL? How much they normally charge for that? Was told that the ez lynk can reset to stock…that but true?
I'm not sure if there was a "limp" mode on the '13 but this is what will happen to 19+. It will obviously throw a CEL and will give you a warning that it will go into a limp mode in XXX miles. Depending where you live you should be able to make it home without any headaches. But folks with tuners usually reload their tune while on dealer's lot.
EZ Lynk and any other tuner can revert (not reset) back to stock IF it was used for tuning. Basically a tuner would save a stock tune in it's memory and could flash it back, but since you didn't get the tuner with your truck, you don't have this option.

07stuntin6r

Reaction score
Well glad I didn’t get an ez lynk from this guy he said I could go to stock and it is what I would need smh.

Users who are viewing this thread