Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the Wifey wants the Wifey gets....but i need help

new2rams

Reaction score
The JTX are very nice no doubt but i agree priced insane. I found a smaller manufacture that makes a wheel that looks nearly identical to the JTX Combat. the company is CustomForged they are forged aluminum custom machined to fit direct bolt on without adapters but still have the 10 lug appearance. very nice wheels at a fraction of the price. I picked up my set for $3950 shipped for the set of 6 (Including matching inners) also included lug nuts, center caps, valve stems, and lug nut caps. they come in 22x8.25 or larger. I am running 35x12.5x22 tires. i will say stepping up to 22 tires drastically increases the price of tires fwiw. View attachment 67477View attachment 67478View attachment 67479View attachment 67480View attachment 67481
ummmm...those are sooo sexy! custom forged. i'm going to check them right now

new2rams

Reaction score
The JTX are very nice no doubt but i agree priced insane. I found a smaller manufacture that makes a wheel that looks nearly identical to the JTX Combat. the company is CustomForged they are forged aluminum custom machined to fit direct bolt on without adapters but still have the 10 lug appearance. very nice wheels at a fraction of the price. I picked up my set for $3950 shipped for the set of 6 (Including matching inners) also included lug nuts, center caps, valve stems, and lug nut caps. they come in 22x8.25 or larger. I am running 35x12.5x22 tires. i will say stepping up to 22 tires drastically increases the price of tires fwiw. View attachment 67477View attachment 67478View attachment 67479View attachment 67480View attachment 67481
i just googled them an i didn't see them. Do you have a website or contact information?

new2rams

Reaction score
Well, this must be fate. I ended up contacting through instagram, customforged only to find out they are in my town. Literally, in my actual town. We found out we had mutual childhood friends and so on. Anywho, he does do a 20" but it cost a couple hundred bucks more. After looking (as mentioned by another above), the cost of a 22" tire vs a 20" tire is outlandishly higher, so the little additional for a 20" wheel is well worth it to me. She originally wanted flat black, so he's powder coating them in a flat or satin (not sure what the correct term is). And she doesn't want spikes, so just normal there as well. We decided on his 950's (very close in my opinion to the jtx combat).
Honestly, it's a forged wheel, in exactly what she wants, that's custom tailored to her, made in my hometown. I am so excited about this.
Thank you again Drumminguy81 for the guidance on this one

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Well would you just look at how that all worked out!!

The forum was worth its weight in gold today, wasn't it? LOL

What an odd twist of fate

new2rams

Reaction score
Well would you just look at how that all worked out!!

The forum was worth its weight in gold today, wasn't it? LOL

What an odd twist of fate
This project 100% has gotten a little more blown out of proportion than i would have liked. But when life brings you wheels custom made to your liking in your own town...you just have to! Such a small world. This forum has been amazing to join and receive advice from

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
Well, this must be fate. I ended up contacting through instagram, customforged only to find out they are in my town. Literally, in my actual town. We found out we had mutual childhood friends and so on. Anywho, he does do a 20" but it cost a couple hundred bucks more. After looking (as mentioned by another above), the cost of a 22" tire vs a 20" tire is outlandishly higher, so the little additional for a 20" wheel is well worth it to me. She originally wanted flat black, so he's powder coating them in a flat or satin (not sure what the correct term is). And she doesn't want spikes, so just normal there as well. We decided on his 950's (very close in my opinion to the jtx combat).
Honestly, it's a forged wheel, in exactly what she wants, that's custom tailored to her, made in my hometown. I am so excited about this.
Thank you again Drumminguy81 for the guidance on this one
Really happy it worked out! You are gonna love the wheels! I kinda wish I talked with him a little more before ordering, I probably would have gone with 20s as well. But I do love my 22s. I wonder if he would give me a referral discount on the super single fronts I want.. haha can't wait to see pictures of how the truck turns out!

jsalbre

Reaction score
Maybe I’m missing something, but why would you want fake 10 lug wheels?

new2rams

Reaction score
Hello

Okay...so just an update:
It's finished minus the center caps (more on that shortly).
She didn't end up wanting the 10 lug appearing wheels, the local who we were going to use to make her wheels didn't have any other options.
so....
satin powder coat on the stock wheels it was
He's getting us a "smaller" center cap for the fronts and rears, and will have those coated to match the wheels.

When it came time to get the tires, the toyo RT TRAILS were available, so we didn't have to get the M/T. And these RT trails are very agressive looking, so we're so happy to have a more AT tread yet the agressive MT look.

So so happy with the way it turned out. Drives like a dream. To say it drives like a Caddy or anything like that is a massive stretch in my book, however it's much improved from stock.

Anywho, i wanted to share is all and thank you again for all your help.

G

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
pics-or-it-didnt-happen.jpg

new2rams

Reaction score
I appreciate the kind words y'all.

Oh yea, one more thing.....the steps. We did the RC vs the AMP for the savings. I'm not sure what the difference between them are other than the price. When the door opens, the steps drop down and there's a light for the front and rear doors. There is NO delay when shutting the door, so if you go from the front door to the back, the steps will go up then down again....for anybody that wondered.

Lonestar

Reaction score
I appreciate the kind words y'all.

Oh yea, one more thing.....the steps. We did the RC vs the AMP for the savings. I'm not sure what the difference between them are other than the price. When the door opens, the steps drop down and there's a light for the front and rear doors. There is NO delay when shutting the door, so if you go from the front door to the back, the steps will go up then down again....for anybody that wondered.
How far do the RC drop down? Do you know if it’s the same as the AMP? Also no pics it never happened!

new2rams

Reaction score
How far do the RC drop down? Do you know if it’s the same as the AMP? Also no pics it never happened
I don't know in inches how far they drop down. But they drop low enough that my 5 / 7 / 8 / 10 year olds can get in without assistance (i won't lie, one more inch or 1.5" would be better....but it's not a struggle how they currently deploy)
I posted one pic, since it's the wife's, i'll have to wait till him to take any others as I don't have the truck with me.

new2rams

Reaction score
Hello All
I just wanted to share a suggestion for anybody buying one of these trucks. After we've had the truck a little bit, I have one gripe. Something that causes me to just shake my head and had we ordered the truck from a build, I'm sure I would have fixed this problem.
This truck has a 30ish gallon fuel tank. Why in the world with a long bed doesn't it have a 45 or 50+ gallon tank.
My ford long beds did.
This frustrates me so bad, that i'm thinking of doing a swap (i don't want a tank in the bed, as i need the whole bed).
I can't imagine if we were towing heavy and going a decent distance, we'd only get something like 250 miles per tank.
This is just poor planning on Rams part (my opinion only).

other than that, we are quite fond of this truck and brand thus far.

tchur1

Reaction score
Hello All
I just wanted to share a suggestion for anybody buying one of these trucks. After we've had the truck a little bit, I have one gripe. Something that causes me to just shake my head and had we ordered the truck from a build, I'm sure I would have fixed this problem.
This truck has a 30ish gallon fuel tank. Why in the world with a long bed doesn't it have a 45 or 50+ gallon tank.
My ford long beds did.
This frustrates me so bad, that i'm thinking of doing a swap (i don't want a tank in the bed, as i need the whole bed).
I can't imagine if we were towing heavy and going a decent distance, we'd only get something like 250 miles per tank.
This is just poor planning on Rams part (my opinion only).

other than that, we are quite fond of this truck and brand thus far.
50 gallon tank is an option for all long beds, so like you mentioned had you ordered it you would have the 50.

But I totally agree with this. Drives me nuts that I only get about 300 miles on a tank while towing.

Users who are viewing this thread