Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the Wifey wants the Wifey gets....but i need help

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Plus I don't think the 51% price increase they have implemented over the last 4 years would cover the cost of the addition fuel tank size.

Saw that stat the other day - just unreal.

If they make it standard, they lose a $250 option that most would add while still increasing the list prices

UglyViking

Reaction score
Saw that stat the other day - just unreal.

If they make it standard, they lose a $250 option that most would add while still increasing the list prices
I don't know about special orders, or different locations, but from the conversations I hear about, and the number of aftermarket tanks that are sold, I'm willing to bet over 80% of cclb trucks aren't speced with a 50gal tank.

Thorvald

Reaction score
Get an S&B or Titan oversized tank, it's worth the money especially if you tow long distances. I have a Titan tank, and it's OK, but if I were to do it all again, I'd go S&B instead, seems to be a better overall design.
@g00fy

This came up in another thread, the S&B website says you can’t use high speed truck stop pumps on their tank but Titan doesn‘t seem to have this issue.

Have you tried a high speed large nozzle truck stop pump on your Titan tank and did it automatically shut off when full?

g00fy

Reaction score
@g00fy

This came up in another thread, the S&B website says you can’t use high speed truck stop pumps on their tank but Titan doesn‘t seem to have this issue.

Have you tried a high speed large nozzle truck stop pump on your Titan tank and did it automatically shut off when full?
Honestly, I'm not sure, I've always had issues with the high speed truck stop nozzles on the factory tank and the titan tank, they always pop seconds after I start filling with them. I usually have to stand there and hold it at half speed or less to get my tanks to fill. That being said the Titan tank pops all pumps several gallons early because of the high spots in the front and rear of the tank are over where the fill nozzle connects to the tank, so you have to let the vents in the high spots do their thing which is slow, and if you try and rush it it'll burp diesel back out the filler at you.

Users who are viewing this thread