Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Congrats on finally getting your truck, it’s a beauty. Glad to hear it worked out as you’d hoped. It’s always nice when the universe sends you a good day. The auto level rear suspension will make a big difference towing and regular driving, you’ll love it. There’s a lot of mental reassurance when you put the weight on the truck, see it squat and then the air bags do their thing and bring it back to level. It will make it tow comfortably and drive the same way. Enjoy that new car smell.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I just wish the rear air had a little more manual control (overrides) other than jack and haul mode (which disable when it moves).

It also doesn't have near the range the 2500 bagged trucks do for hooking up trailers.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
just checked my front lt, no wheel locks. Good to know now instead of when you get a flat

I had a Loves (Big Truck Tire Shop) near the farm and stopped on the way, most big truck tire shops carry them. I don't remember the price but 6 of them were just a few bucks. The short ones might work on the inner 2 tire but those wheels came with rubber valve stem cores and had a plastic 2 inch extension. I had to run back out and found those at Napa. Some auto car places carry a pack of 2 inch ones, but they are chrome looking, however you will never see them back there.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
I’ve read a couple guys on here talking about having problems with it and the need to manipulate the jack mode. I had the self level in my previous 2017 2500 Limited with the 6.7 and never had any issues. I only towed the TT, the ATV trailer didn‘t begin to put a load on it. That feature made life easy and it rode great towing or not. The current truck is also a 2500 but with the 6.4 hemi and Bilstein shocks, it rides ok. It’s just a little more work going through the extra effort with installing the WDH but I’m happy with it. The next truck I’m definitely going to make sure it has it.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
100% chrome hooks.
Thats were I'm at on it to, new my brothers would side with me, any more opinions out there on the hook choice. Chrome or black on the sport pkg.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I had a Loves (Big Truck Tire Shop) near the farm and stopped on the way, most big truck tire shops carry them. I don't remember the price but 6 of them were just a few bucks. The short ones might work on the inner 2 tire but those wheels came with rubber valve stem cores and had a plastic 2 inch extension. I had to run back out and found those at Napa. Some auto car places carry a pack of 2 inch ones, but they are chrome looking, however you will never see them back there.
I was guessing pilot or loves. I figured you would pop off the center caps an put those big old spikes on the lugs

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Chrome hooks or keep the black. Y'all have seen my rig now. I'm wanting to order the chrome hooks, think they would look bad @$$ with all the paint, would match the grill, rims, mirrors, an steps. Wife is trying to get me to keep the black hooks, she thinks the chrome hooks won't look as classy on the sport trim like they would on the chrome pkg trim. So yes you are getting in the middle of a disagreement but id like your honest opinions.
Rich,
Do what makes you happy, get those chrome hooks if you want. You only live once and that’s an awesome ride, make it yours by adding your style. Either will look good on your rig.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Rich,
Do what makes you happy, get those chrome hooks if you want. You only live once and that’s an awesome ride, make it yours by adding your style. Either will look good on your rig.
That's what I'm thinking. The wife had me second guessing my taste so I figured I'd ask for opinions. She could care less what I spend my allowance on. We have 3 accts , mine hers an joint. We put small amount in our personnel accts an the other half ain't allowed to say nothing bought it . MY TIME HAS COME

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I was guessing pilot or loves. I figured you would pop off the center caps an put those big old spikes on the lugs

I have Fat fingers and was doing some other work under my truck at the same time. If you have smaller fingers you could unscrew the valve stem caps and put the new units back on... DO NOT put a valve stem cap on the ! ! ! The round ball does the same thing, it will leak if you do. They are DOT approves and most big trucks run them so they don't have to remove with caps anymore..

Here is a peak at some of the other things I was doing under there. However it works great.... If you do it, BE CAREFUL ! ! !

Attachments

• 20200418_151518.jpg
    20200418_151518.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200418_152016.jpg
    20200418_152016.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200419_110508.jpg
    20200419_110508.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200418_152034.jpg
    20200418_152034.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20200419_111006.jpg
    20200419_111006.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 46

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for "likeing" the pics I posted an the design. I'm probably going to change the big R insignia for a ram logo an put my truck bio in when I get a chance

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I have Fat fingers and was doing some other work under my truck at the same time. If you have smaller fingers you could unscrew the valve stem caps and put the new units back on... DO NOT put a valve stem cap on the ! ! ! The round ball does the dame thing, The are DOT approves and most big trucks run them so they don't have to cool with caps anymore..

Here is a peak at some of the other things I was doing under there. However it works great.... I you do it, BE CAREFUL ! ! !
Can't believe you haven't posted pics of the donuts you do in that thing with the way it can cut a wheel now

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Can't believe you haven't posted pics of the donuts you do in that thing with the way it can cut a wheel now
I took some pictures but the circles didn't show up. I did it in my pasture and the weed were high. :(

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I took some pictures but the circles didn't show up. I did it in my pasture and the weed were high. :(
Back when we had our 40 acre farm that's how I would clean up the under carriage before I did service to it. Brushed it up like it got sand blasted

b307a1

Reaction score
Thats were I'm at on it to, new my brothers would side with me, any more opinions out there on the hook choice. Chrome or black on the sport pkg.
The 'old lady is right. Keep em black. If you had more chrome up front the chrome hooks would complement it. Otherwise they look out of place.

Reactions: @JC

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
The 'old lady is right. Keep em black. If you had more chrome up front the chrome hooks would complement it. Otherwise they look out of place.
She got her first vote, she's excited

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
It would be like putting a 8 inch chrome tip on a bare steel tailpipe that you can see 24 inches of.
So can I go out on a limb an also say your probably not in favor of the chrome exhaust tip potential add on either. Honest opinion

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
So can I go out on a limb an also say your probably not in favor of the chrome exhaust tip potential add on either. Honest opinion

I have chrome tips on my Audi and they suck to keep looking nice. That said, they're tucked up and don't get a lot of TLC after 17 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread