Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
dial switch next to the headlight knob control the foot lighting

stole this from someones post last week.
index.php
Thanks Carl. I just have to go in tomorrow an enable the puddle lights to come on . I'm really surprised those aren't automatically turned on. I remember reading in a few previous threads were guys were talking about there ambient lighting an how they didn't even realize they had it in some places because things weren't lined up properly an was blocking light but i haven't had this problem. Everything on mine seems to be lined up well an lots of interior illumination. These headlights are way better than those crappy 16 tradesman models i had were. Those things were the worst ever. You could drive around on high beam an you still couldn't see anybody , they wouldnt even flash you. Ok, now the flash you jokes

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't believe you all started a thread in my honor. Btw you all can go to he'll, bunch of regular ole mr giggles out there. Did yuns enjoy 2 days of quite an no controversy. The tension is over we got her home. Got everything we wanted for the prices we wanted. Yesterday was the dog fight, today was easy breezy. Spent 2hrs going through 14 pg inspection check list, then took her for a test drive. Everything checked out. Thank the Cummins God's there was no damage, everything looks like it lined up good an everything is as I ordered. They avoided me the whole time we were inspecting wich was fine by us. Got all my extras that were supposed to come with it. That lane keep assist freaked me the f*@× out, ill try to get used to it or set it down to low or just turn the dang thing off, but ill give it a go. I DO NOT. Like that sub woofer takes up that whole side of underneath storage. Told the wife we might just lose that if we need the storage, I never was a big bumping & thumping kind of guy. I also don't like that when you fold down the back seat platform that the cup holder is still visible through a cut out for a couple wiener dogs to break a leg, but now that I think about it that might be a good spot for mini feed dishes, lol. Guys I'm super stoked, couldn't be happier. Thanks for everyone putting up with me. Ill post some pics in a bit. Immmm backkkkk, rumble rumble rumble

Check around for a solution to the sub. I've read that if you unplug it, it will throw a code for a missing speaker. Don't recall that I saw a workaround.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Check around for a solution to the sub. I've read that if you unplug it, it will throw a code for a missing speaker. Don't recall that I saw a workaround.
Congratulations Rich!
Maybe I'll get my truck some day.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'm just in awe that it's not damaged an I got everything I was supposed to. Not what I was anticipating at all as you know. Good to know on the sub, thanks. I'm not going to sorry about it just yet unless I need some more room, it's just annoying that you've got so much space that could be used. Would think there eeould be s dummy plug you could replace speaker with to prevent from coding but apparently is not that big of an issue for people or there would be a solution out there, just annoying.
The manual says no break-in is required. The manual even recommends running the engine under a load during the first 6,000 miles.

View attachment 3945

View attachment 3946
You are correct, the engine does not require any break in time or set mileage. We all have our own interpretation of this in the Manuel, it says it's for the gears in the rear end properly meshing an wearing during start up. Said 50 mph for first 500 miles without towing then you can start to tow at 501 an for first 500 of towing to take it easy an not romp on it , ( technical speaking I know). After that drive it like fast hemi an break it in our way. If I'm understanding correctly, ill look for the paragraph in the Manuel. Its a bit obsessive I know an I'm sure you can probably just get after at an not be much different than doing it by the book. probably just dome isolated incidents of breakage due to just getting after it, I don't know. I'm normally the guy in the left in with my house passing everybody running 85-90 while my wife is having a fit an yelling at me, but I'm a truck driver what can I say, close calls an adrenaline junkie is my thing.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
This is all i could find in a pinch, not gonna spend all day looking uo quotes, going out to play.
Towing Requirements To promote proper break-in of your new vehicle drivetrain components, the following guidelines are recommended.Perform the maintenance listed in the “Sched-uled Servicing”. Refer to “Scheduled Servicing” in “Servicing And Maintenance” for the proper maintenance intervals. When towing a trailer, never exceed the GAWR or GCWR ratings.CAUTION!Do not tow a trailer at all during the first 500miles (805km) the new vehicle is driven. The engine, axle or other parts could be damaged.Then, during the first 500miles (805km) that a trailer is towed, do not drive over 50mph (80km/h) and do not make starts at full throttle. This helps the engine and other parts of the vehicle wear in at the heavier loads.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll see you at the track this weekend... LOL
View attachment 3950View attachment 3951
Question is which one is faster. I love the track, we used to go 3-4 times a yr. There's nothing like the sounds of engines screaming, cars smashing, the smell of rubber an fuel burning, an the best part, the feel of the rubber marbles pelleting you in the face, ahh those are good times.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Quick question for anyone before I pop of the wheel caps. I don't remember, do we have wheel locks on 1 nut for each titre, I did on my 16 2500 but those were not the big nuts ( pun intended). I can't find my nut key

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Quick question for anyone before I pop of the wheel caps. I don't remember, do we have wheel locks on 1 nut for each titre, I did on my 16 2500 but those were not the big nuts ( pun intended). I can't find my nut key

Don't worry, Big Nuts are still standard..... You may be in the same boat as me, No Locks.. :(

20200418_145512.jpg

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks. Just drained the air out of my tires, between all the rain drops. I miss my shop like you have. I did the 80/65 down from the 100/80

I also took the nasty valve stem caps off, some had debris inside of the cap. I put Stainless Steel DOT type capless caps on. 4ea shorty and 2ea 2 inch for the inside rears.
See Pictures below.

Attachments

• 20200419_124601.jpg
    20200419_124601.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200419_124637.jpg
    20200419_124637.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200419_104919.jpg
    20200419_104919.jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200419_105000.jpg
    20200419_105000.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200419_105053.jpg
    20200419_105053.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I also took the nasty valve stem caps off, some had debris inside of the cap. I put Staleness Steel DOT type capless caps on. 4ea shorty and 2ea 2 inch for the inside rears.
See Pictures below.
Where you pick those up at, a truck stop ?

MikeXM

Reaction score
Chrome hooks or keep the black. Y'all have seen my rig now. I'm wanting to order the chrome hooks, think they would look bad @$$ with all the paint, would match the grill, rims, mirrors, an steps. Wife is trying to get me to keep the black hooks, she thinks the chrome hooks won't look as classy on the sport trim like they would on the chrome pkg trim. So yes you are getting in the middle of a disagreement but id like your honest opinions.
100% chrome hooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread