Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I’m mainly classic country and classic rock BUT also like you pretty diverse with the exception of I like opera, jazz, blues, and R&B too. I also like some hip hop but it’s pretty narrow. Today’s pop hits don’t do much for me. Glad to see your truck is coming together with all the accessorizing. Looks like the install went well for the screen protector. It’s money well spent. I think I mentioned I have CDO (OCD but letters in order) and feel compelled to wipe my fingerprints off frequently so it’s peace of mind for me to know that I’m not actually scratching the actual screen.
100% ocd, controle freak. I also spent $5.00 on the 3 yr breakage warranty, wich I know it's not going to break while on screen but I normally break those flimsy things attaching them. This one is pretty stought. I bent it pretty good while my wife squeegee it down so there was no bubbles. I love me some old country, not much on the new stuff

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Thanks mark for documenting this for me. I'm just over 500 miles, I'm going to give it a chance until 2000 miles to see if it improves or not, then ill proceed based on that outcome. Thanks for staying in touch.

Of course, @Rich, thank you for taking the time to follow up! Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message as needed.

Mark
RamCares

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
You still don't have your Bakflip? Damn. I ordered on the last day of the sale and it was here on Friday.
We'll I just got off the horn with auto anything on my bak flip order. He said someone didn't cancel out the order at the location that ran out of the mx4 and create a new one at a location that has them. I was on the phone for an hour and 45 minutes. All said , I stayed on hold while he got a hold of every one he needed to, to correct the order and get the ball rolling again. The place he found has 37 of the model # I ordered and he said in the next 48 yrs I should get a new tracking # and it should be here no later than mid next wk. I told him the last guy also made me believe it was coming and expedited and that I hope everything he's telling me is accurate. I also stated that i will be leaving my current location on the weakened of the projected weak ship date and if its not here I will have no choice but to cancel my order. Well see

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
That blows Rich. Hope the get you taken care of.
Me 2. You can only get the sales pitch so many times before your numb to all there acting like there trying to right the ship for you. Once again, I believe this guy has got me back on track and did everything in his power, but I thought the same thing of the last guy, and the lady before them. I just want to see action and get my product un damaged. He said it should be here by later next wk, i hope so cuz I'm leaving this location that same wkd. There are a few down sides to traveling, not many. Logistics don't go well with a controle freak. Fingers crossed and we'll see.

Tom716

Reaction score
Ya, that sure does s**k Rich. I know my bed is shorter, 6-4 but I ordered my MX4 on a wed and it was at my door that fri. Hell, it was there before my truck. Anyway, If you watch their install video you will see they drill a 7/8" hole through the bottom bed "plugs" to route the drain tubes through. I did mine differently. I ran my drain tubes through the existing holes (in the side) to the immediate right and left of the drains. Just an option to consider. I didn't have to drill anything and my tubes aren't in the way of anything verses hanging from the top to the bottom.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Ya, that sure does s**k Rich. I know my bed is shorter, 6-4 but I ordered my MX4 on a wed and it was at my door that fri. Hell, it was there before my truck. Anyway, If you watch their install video you will see they drill a 7/8" hole through the bottom bed "plugs" to route the drain tubes through. I did mine differently. I ran my drain tubes through the existing holes (in the side) to the immediate right and left of the drains. Just an option to consider. I didn't have to drill anything and my tubes aren't in the way of anything verses hanging from the top to the bottom.
That's exactly the same way ill do it, no drilling on the new truck unless there's no other way. Obviously from my previous posts , I'm planning on other options so I don't even screw down the tool box. It just makes me sick to my stomach when I think about cutting or drilling into the new trucko_O

1FastHemi

Reaction score
That's exactly the same way ill do it, no drilling on the new truck unless there's no other way. Obviously from my previous posts , I'm planning on other options so I don't even screw down the tool box. It just makes me sick to my stomach when I think about cutting or drilling into the new trucko_O

I hate drilling into a new truck !

I'm not sure which folding cover I will be going with yet. It will have to have the front panel near the back window that will fold backward with at least a 24 inch opening. This is so I can open the lid to my 60 gallon Fuel/Took Box combo (This will give me about 110 gallons fuel capacity). I think I finally found a company that can build me a unit that will be about 17.5 inches tall (they are suppose to get back with me this week). This will leave me about 2 inches clearance between the box and cover. However it looks like I may have to drill some holes in the bed though for securing the tank, hoses and wiring. :( I am going to try to use the pop out plugs in the bed it possible.

geektoad

Reaction score
Yep, I did the same, my drains are routed through the existing holes/stake pockets right next to them.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
@Rich , Not to be changing the subject, Have you added additional side and back up lights yet to your truck for night backing?.

Attachments

• 20200511_161442alt.jpg
    20200511_161442alt.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200511_161307alt.jpg
    20200511_161307alt.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200511_161411alt.jpg
    20200511_161411alt.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200511_201318.jpg
    20200511_201318.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200511_201329.jpg
    20200511_201329.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200511_201643.jpg
    20200511_201643.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200511_201726.jpg
    20200511_201726.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200511_201806.jpg
    20200511_201806.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200511_114139Alt.jpg
    20200511_114139Alt.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200511_104556Alt.jpg
    20200511_104556Alt.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 33

John Jensen

Reaction score
Your backups are great. I've never seen one under the tailgate where ID lights would be. Is yours a regular LED bar or ??. If ?? do you have a link?

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Your backups are great. I've never seen one under the tailgate where ID lights would be. Is yours a regular LED bar or ??. If ?? do you have a link?

I borrowed these ideas from over on the 5thGenRams site:

These are the one's under the bumper, They are held on by some 3M Tape I had. And the are $ CHEAP $ too. Too for ever to get to me from China.... I also plan on adding a couple of them under the hood as well. For some reason, I don't have any light in my engine compartment.

This is the one I attached to the top of the license plate. VERY BRIGHT, almost blinding if you look directly at it, but it is Pricey, but worth it.

Last edited:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
@Rich , Not to be changing the subject, Have you added additional side and back up lights yet to your truck for night backing?.
Holy mackerel dude, good thing you opted for that second alternator. Your set up for working on night projects now. Did you also wire them to the aux power bank so you can use them anytime you want. Honestly, I've lost my garbage man night vision, so i try not to go out to late. Pretty sweet set up though. I bet that also really helps on the back up camera vision

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Holy mackerel dude, good thing you opted for that second alternator. Your set up for working on night projects now. Did you also wire them to the aux power bank so you can use them anytime you want. Honestly, I've lost my garbage man night vision, so i try not to go out to late. Pretty sweet set up though. I bet that also really helps on the back up camera vision

Wiring them to the auxiliary switches is coming later. I have to acquire the correct resistors (or what ever you want to call them) to allow the current to flow only one way so it won't back feed to each others circuit.

Yes, it looks like daylight back there when in total darkness.

This is what you need for when you back that big trailer up at night.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
That blows Rich. Hope the get you taken care of.
I hate drilling into a new truck !

I'm not sure which folding cover I will be going with yet. It will have to have the front panel near the back window that will fold backward with at least a 24 inch opening. This is so I can open the lid to my 60 gallon Fuel/Took Box combo (This will give me about 110 gallons fuel capacity). I think I finally found a company that can build me a unit that will be about 17.5 inches tall (they are suppose to get back with me this week). This will leave me about 2 inches clearance between the box and cover. However it looks like I may have to drill some holes in the bed though for securing the tank, hoses and wiring. :( I am going to try to use the pop out plugs in the bed it possible.
Well well well, holy shiitake Batman. Auto anything guy I talked to yesterday said he got my bak flip straightened out and it would ship with in 48 hrs. We'll 24 hrs later I finally got a tracking number with an estimated arrival by late Thursday or Friday. I can't believe I'm finally Goin to get the thing. Now I just need both boxes to arrive un damaged, fingers crossed

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Well well well, holy shiitake Batman. Auto anything guy I talked to yesterday said he got my bak flip straightened out and it would ship with in 48 hrs. We'll 24 hrs later I finally got a tracking number with an estimated arrival by late Thursday or Friday. I can't believe I'm finally Goin to get the thing. Now I just need both boxes to arrive un damaged, fingers crossed
Left Arlington TX an hour ago, heading my way

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Well it's been awfully quite out there for the last 2 days, hopefully everyone has been enjoying the weather and there new rigs. I finally got my bak flip mx4 on Thursday. Minimal wear from 90% perfect shipping. I talked to bak about the small rub from lack of foam protection and I love the product and im happy with it and i don't want to return it , so could they get me a touch up paint stick. She was super grateful that i was accommodating and will get me a touch up pen. Took me about 2 hrs to install because the wife kept trying to tell me how to do it. Super easy instal, looks bak flipping amazing ( pun intended), definitely add to the classy look I'm going for.
Did run into 1 problem. As you all know I ordered a Lund toolbox covered in rhino lining. I expressed on how close of a fit it was going to be in clearing the top bakflip panels by 1/4". So that wasnt the problem, it would of cleared as there is no drop down cross piece inside between 8" panel & 24" panel. The problem I ran into is the prop rods that are mounted on side rails ( wich I know that I could remove if I wanted) and the plastic lock pieces for the rods make the 61" long tool box not have enough room. Who would of thought that it wouldn't be the height clearance and it would be the length, not me. I really don't want to remove the plastic rod lock piece on bottom of panels as there pop riveted in and if I take that off then ill be sol on my 5yr warranty. so as y'all know, the other day the 61" tool box came in damaged ( guess it was meant to be) and they reordered it for me. So i have now canceled that order and ordered a 56.75" Lund tool box ( my clearance between BAK prop rod assemblys is 57", so the new box will just make the across bed length. Its the same 20.5" wide and 1" shorter to 18" so that will actually give me now about an inch between box and bak flip panels, so I won't have to worry about that. The new box is still black but not rhino lined. It's about $240 cheaper than the previous and at some point down the rd ill take the new box somewhere like line-x and have them cover it. So the price will probably end up being close to the same after i have it lined. I'm going to post pics

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
The 61" box I will return due to not enough distance between bak flip rod locker assembly unit's.
61BCkwOrwzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The new 56.75" box that will fit the 57" between bak flip rod locker assembly and that I will eventually have it line- xed.
Screenshot_20200515-200931.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread