Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

TogaLock77

Reaction score
Wouldn’t happen to have an audio clip of the Gibson, would you?

I hate that my big 6.4 is quieter than the 2.0 I had on my last VW.
I didn’t miss this. I just haven’t had time. I’ll try to get it tomorrow.

TogaLock77

Reaction score
The tailgate cap and seal all look real good. I don’t think it will leak, but every cap and tonneau cover I’ve ever had have leaked a little. All required some DIY fixin’

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
The tailgate cap and seal all look real good. I don’t think it will leak, but every cap and tonneau cover I’ve ever had have leaked a little. All required some DIY fixin’

I had an ARE Z on my old truck and it was fantastic....minimal, if any, leaks.
I don't expect a watertight compartment, but this was like a sieve.

My MX has the 'windoors', all the handles were loose and leaked, that at least was an easy fix.
The back door was the worse and water would just come pouring in from the corner during a rain because the plastic trim that covers the tailgate stops way too short of the corners leaving a large gap...I fabbed up some plastic bits to extend the coverage.
There is no gasket between the plastic cap and the door proper so when you open the door, the water that has pooled there comes pouring out; used some RTV to seal that bit of fun.
There is no gasket between the T Handle and the door, again, water pools and pours on you when you open the back...picked up a silicone kitchen mat and made a gasket.

FWI W, this was the gap on both sides between the door and frame
1600945516374.png

TogaLock77

Reaction score
I had an ARE Z on my old truck and it was fantastic....minimal, if any, leaks.
I don't expect a watertight compartment, but this was like a sieve.

My MX has the 'windoors', all the handles were loose and leaked, that at least was an easy fix.
The back door was the worse and water would just come pouring in from the corner during a rain because the plastic trim that covers the tailgate stops way too short of the corners leaving a large gap...I fabbed up some plastic bits to extend the coverage.
There is no gasket between the plastic cap and the door proper so when you open the door, the water that has pooled there comes pouring out; used some RTV to seal that bit of fun.
There is no gasket between the T Handle and the door, again, water pools and pours on you when you open the back...picked up a silicone kitchen mat and made a gasket.

FWI W, this was the gap on both sides between the door and frame
View attachment 7445
That is a big gap! Nothing like that on mine luckily

jadmt

Reaction score
decided no new truck is not complete without a windshield rock chip....less than a month old and first rock chip...I hate chip sealed roads. Met someone coming the other way and sure as **** they flung a rock..

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
what I did to my rig today was not physical, well at least not yet anyway, just pure preventive maintenance love. Everybody talks about using the ceramic coating on there rides to protect and shine like no other. So I decided to venture outside my normal mguirers primo wax wich had always looked great I thought until I saw some ceramic pics on here. I've been talking to torque about there product. Last wk they sent me a 24hr 20% off coupon, then it went away. 3 days later they sent me a free s&h coupon, then it went away. This morning they reached out to me and asked what do we have to do to earn your buisness. I told them to combine the 20% off and free s&h offers together and ill punch in my cc#. They bit and we signed, this is what i picked hopefully it's good, still expensive for an 8 oz bottle but $31.96 is way better than $45. Once again, being an ole lonely and very patient buyer, pays off. :cool:
Now y'all want me to negotiate with naviks for us;):p:rolleyes::eek:o_O, i guess I need to say if the emojis don't translate, just kiddddingggg, jeeshhhhhhScreenshot_20200925-130930.png

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Would love to know what you think of this product
Me 2, well see. Supposed to be easy to use and allot less work than waxing. I guess the biggest part is the prework in making sure its 100% clean before applying, but honestly , who doesn't know that

Hawk375

Reaction score
Installed the Thuren sway bar this morning, so far I’m liking the improved ride quality. Will have to get the coils, shocks, track bar and steering stabilizer to finish things off.

7dacaa6dc1aff6a7edd20c321cb49e7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread