Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

MikeXM

Reaction score
1) Today, I applied ceramic coating to front lights, windshield and all windows. Had to clean thoroughly before applying. Even polished the windshield.
2) Also installed 1/2" spacers between rear wheels. Now the wheels have a good gap in between and was able to reduce pressure for a smoother ride. Not sure if the spacers were absolutely required, but I have that peace of mind.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
@Kimo7 I just ordered me Decked set, am interested to know if the in bed tie downs were in the way or needed to be modified. Your pictures show ne you have them but I cannot zoom in enough to see if you had issues or modified. Also do the bed lights get in the way, and manual switch still remain in reach?
Thanks in advance, it will be a couple of weeks before I get this I am guessing so jut looking to prepare incase I need to move things around. I do use the tie downs in the bed
No modification needed, it comes specific for the bed of the RAM. It just slides right in easy peasy. It does obscure the bed lights a little but I added some LED strips right after I got the truck which makes up for it. See the pic below. There’s a natural indentation on the sidewall where the guys installed it. The strips are even more effective now since the light reflects off the decked system which has a satiny sheen to it. I don’t have a pic of it yet.

We’re on the first camping trip after installing the Decked system and I wonder how I lived without one for so long. All the necessary maintenance/repair stuff is well organized and easily accessible if I needed it. I have more peace of mind knowing I didn’t leave something essential behind.

Nothing to worry about it’s well made, goes together easy, just takes time with all the nuts, bolts and washer assembly required. Good luck.

B6B34CD7-ECE4-43FA-B77B-2E59A26E53A4.jpeg

Last edited:

LamboTexas

Reaction score
Installed the Decked bed storage system.

The Decked box arrived late yesterday so today was install day. Shout out to TogaLock77 for turning me onto a discount site plus free shipping. The box arrived perfect, no dents, dings or problems. Everything was inside, no missing parts. I ordered a lot of the accessory boxes since I got some money off. The install went well, it took a lot longer than I anticipated but then it always does. I purposefully took my time to make sure I didn’t put it in backwards the first time like I usually do !! I had to do a lot of nut and bolt installation for assembly, nothing too hard just tedious. The video from the company is a big help as well as entertaining.

View attachment 7059View attachment 7060View attachment 7061View attachment 7062View attachment 7063
Looks awesome!

LamboTexas

Reaction score
I bought my first HD “yesterday “. This has always been my dream truck. Still doesn’t feel real.
1340f969edcd48f357cd44ddbb842837.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations!!

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
Installed the Decked bed storage system.

The Decked box arrived late yesterday so today was install day. Shout out to TogaLock77 for turning me onto a discount site plus free shipping. The box arrived perfect, no dents, dings or problems. Everything was inside, no missing parts. I ordered a lot of the accessory boxes since I got some money off. The install went well, it took a lot longer than I anticipated but then it always does. I purposefully took my time to make sure I didn’t put it in backwards the first time like I usually do !! I had to do a lot of nut and bolt installation for assembly, nothing too hard just tedious. The video from the company is a big help as well as entertaining.

View attachment 7063
Hey @Rich that would solve your bed rail clearance issues, wouldn't it? :) Of course, your rig might run a bit nose high...

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hey @Rich that would solve your bed rail clearance issues, wouldn't it? :) Of course, your rig might run a bit nose high...
Haha, just a tad. 15' might get me in trouble. I would save ware on The front fiver axle tires. Not sure how secure the hitch would be on top of the decking. Never have to worry about scalping the rails though.:)

geektoad

Reaction score
Gave it a long over due bath and removed the `sport` stickers. I love the color matched grille and bumpers, but there is nothing sporty about a 9000 truck :)

Before:
IMG_3400.jpg

After:
IMG_3401.jpg

Exciting, right? ;)

geektoad

Reaction score

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Settle down Rich. ;) It's an optical illusion being in the corner of the pics like that. :)

don't have a full shot of the back of the truck currently, but here's one where the bumper isn't in the extreme corner of the shot:
View attachment 7169
Few we, I was worried for yah. Glad it's an optical illusion delusion o_O

Users who are viewing this thread