Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

tcedgar8

Reaction score
Guess I should set mine up on the home automation like the block heater (currently below 20F). :) Pretty rare it gets -4F here in the winter though.

That said, I saw this on a forum (so it must be true right?):

I've a little BatteryTender Junior brick I keep on my ATV (under a cover) all the time and it's not supposed to be used below 32F and has never had an issue.

ETA: Actually, I've been thinking about using an HA rule to cycle the block heater on/off depending on my presence, the weather, and perhaps even add a temp probe to monitor the block temp... Life360 broke their API so I'm trying to make some other presence detection options work reliably first.
Interesting enough on the NOCOs in low temps. I bought two NOCO chargers NOCO Genius GEN5X1, and a Genius 2A. 2A is installed on my 19 Ram and the 5A is installed on my Freightliner M2. The 5A was installed during a good cold snap during Christmas. The first night it was installed was approx. -40C to -45C. It was not happy when I plugged it in battery's were not frozen and has been charged for 13hrs. That said the thing has never let me down since. I know lowest operating rand is -30C but has been that cold previously and worked fine. The charger module is in the cab on the M2 and the Dodge is under the hood. Both work perfect.

tcedgar8

Reaction score
The main thing I missed about my 1500 was the leather interior, so finally got around to the Katzkin conversion over the weekend. Turned out pretty well. Healthy coat of conditioner and going to park in the sun for a couple days to loosen a few spots up then work out the remaining wrinkles.
View attachment 69827
View attachment 69828
Looks great I previously has some katskinz and cant say a bad thing about them. I wish our trucks has a couple inches more leg room in the rear My son sitting in his car seat can kick my seat and that NFG. My little VW tiguan has more room for F sakes lol Oh well

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Looks great I previously has some katskinz and cant say a bad thing about them. I wish our trucks has a couple inches more leg room in the rear My son sitting in his car seat can kick my seat and that NFG. My little VW tiguan has more room for F sakes lol Oh well
Time for a mega cab, trust me.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
The main thing I missed about my 1500 was the leather interior, so finally got around to the Katzkin conversion over the weekend. Turned out pretty well. Healthy coat of conditioner and going to park in the sun for a couple days to loosen a few spots up then work out the remaining wrinkles.
View attachment 69827
View attachment 69828
Looks great!!

Are those ventilated/cooled/heated?

AZCummins

Reaction score
Looks great!!

Are those ventilated/cooled/heated?
Thank you!

They are just the Bighorn seats with leather covers swapped on, so unfortunately only heated.

Had my eye on a full set of Limited seats to swap in from a local auto parts recycler, but the $2,500 for a set of used limited seats vs. $700 for the leather covers to swap onto my current seats was quite the difference.

clownpocket

Reaction score
Really good idea but maybe use something with a little less gloss like 303....kinda looks like them bikini streamers on Twitch... ;)
iu

deanfx

Reaction score
I'd be interested to see the back side of the LED light bar, specifically how you mounted it. TIA
It's just CJC Off-road brackets. I think they sell the brackets if you already have a light bar. It'd be difficult to get pics of the brackets installed, the lower bumper valance would have to come back off. I've supplied a link to the kit though.

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
Picked up some RAM floormats for my vinyl floor. The vinyl floor is great, but I find it annoying to clean. These should make that easier.
View attachment 69806
View attachment 69807
Do the front snap in ok? Had them on my 1500 and they lined up perfectly. My 3500 they dont stay. The holes are a little off...not the biggest deal as they haven't moved around yet, but still. lol

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

AZCummins

Reaction score
Thank you!

1 day after installing them the back of the passenger seat was already full of foot prints. Ha.

Lonestar

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread