Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Yep. Not a fan of leaving the factory fill in much more than that. Might be old school way of thinking but it’s cheap insurance. I’ll change it agin @ 5k then start my 8k interval.

Dad’s an offshore chief engineer, been turning wrenches with him all my life and learned a lot achieving my shade tree mechanic certification.

joelp

Reaction score
Load up the family to head to the Rose Bowl early new years morning. Drive across town to the rally point with 7 other vehicles and magically the amp steps stopped working…. Waited a few weeks considering going full rock rails and scrapping the amps altogether as I was sure I’d get screwed over somehow since they’ve been taken over by a big conglomerate.

Finally decided to call amp a week and a half ago just to see what they say as I’m not able to do off the shelf sliders due to being a factory air truck. I had disconnected and reconnected everything at every point in the AMP electronics and assumed the whole thing was cooked. Well after probably 2.5 hours on the phone over the course of two days with a cool CS dude out of Orange County somewhere, we determined that the Amp OBD2 plug was the culprit and that the steps and the brain still were fine (amazing CS experience #1). Took delivery of the truck in late Nov of 2019 and when I called up Hunter Dodge they emailed me the work order for the Amp steps install on my truck while I was still on the phone with them (amazing CS experience #2). I emailed this form into Amp last week and heard nothing for 2 days….. Here we go, right? Wrong!

Monday the warranty approval email goes out and Tuesday a new Amp OBD2 dongle arrives via overnight shipping (amazing CS experience #3). Install / re wire the new dongle yesterday morning and after $0 spent, IT ALL WORKS.

Hats off to amp research for being cool as hell about a warranty on a set of steps 4.25 years into a duty cycle and hats off to Hunter Dodge out in Lancaster for emailing me a PDF of the paperwork I needed for the warranty claim literally while I was on hold. If anyone needs anything with their Amp steps, ask for Rudy. That guy knows what’s up.

NHOverland

Reaction score
NO

does it only clunk twice every time it clunks?

Does it clunk like that every time you start from a stop?
It'll clunk one, two, or three times depending on how hard I take off and no not on every start, just the harder ones like if I'm pulling into moving traffic or leave a light with some power.

woody284

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a pair of Airlift 5000 Ultimate Plus bags. This kit has the jouce bumpers and stainless airlines. This is the first step to starting the reverse level. Still have to order the springs though.

Rt9bil

Reaction score
I installed some oem bed lights and oem wireless charger in my ‘23 Ram today. I also used Alpha obd for the first time. I must say, I was a little nervous hacking into the computer system on a truck with only 2K miles. But everything is working great.

oppizzippo

Reaction score
20240203_183411.jpg
High of 53 today, so I gave her a bath. Used P&S Absolute rinseless wash. Normally use P & S Beadmaker as my drying aide, but I was out. Tried something new. I had picked up some DRO Race Wax, at the summit racing store in Reno last November. It's made by Driven Racing Oil. Worked great, we'll see how long it lasts. If you haven't tried rinseless wash method, I highly suggest you do. So much faster, less water, and I find it's less of a chore. I use warm water in my bucket so that makes washing in the 50s no problem.

Rt9bil

Reaction score
How hard was that? I have been contemplating doing the same.
The bed lights sucked. Not a whole lot of room under the dash to solder, about the same for the fuse box. The wireless charge was a piece of cake.

The1adman

Reaction score
View attachment 68874
High of 53 today, so I gave her a bath. Used P&S Absolute rinseless wash. Normally use P & S Beadmaker as my drying aide, but I was out. Tried something new. I had picked up some DRO Race Wax, at the summit racing store in Reno last November. It's made by Driven Racing Oil. Worked great, we'll see how long it lasts. If you haven't tried rinseless wash method, I highly suggest you do. So much faster, less water, and I find it's less of a chore. I use warm water in my bucket so that makes washing in the 50s no problem.
Looks sharp! I really like the regular cab Tradesman. I haven't used rinseless wash before since I'm super cautious of swirl marks. If you have a lot of dirt or road debris do you prewash regular bucket method and then come back with the rinseless?

Users who are viewing this thread