Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Vdrsnk

Reaction score
Got the S&B 52 gal tank installed in the 2500 Rebel. Can’t really see it from pics. Which is a good thing. It hangs down just a bit if you are kneeling and looking for it but otherwise it’s not noticeable and the shape blends in with factory. Extremely happy with this. Filled it up for the first time and the pump shut off at the maximum allowed amount of $175
Can you post a pic of the whole truck from a side view?

AZCummins

Reaction score
Got my King 2.5 shocks installed. Pretty happy with the ride, rear a little stiff with empty bed. I'm thinking I may change the rear stock shocks to Thuren's 1" taller after I get a rear bumper.

View attachment 69283
View attachment 69285

Where did you order these from? I have been dying for a set, but Thuren wait time for their custom tuned version is 4-5 months.

23 CTD ED

Reaction score
Where did you order these from? I have been dying for a set, but Thuren wait time for their custom tuned version is 4-5 months.
I ordered from Thuren, they said the same wait time for me. I ordered my shocks around 10/22/2023 and was told it would be Feb or March for delivery. They came on 12/14/2023, was pleasantly surprised. They are Stage 3.

1707929312615.jpeg 1707936111567.jpeg

Last edited:

Grey

Reaction score
B&W stow and go saved my rear today. Thick traffic and a girl with a small car bumped into the rear. Trailer hitch saved me, blocked her from getting under and screwing mess up. Trailer hitch has a small scrape. Her car was spared and major damage as well as it didnt get under. Gladd I bought that drop down B&W

Reaction score
Thanks! Man I am totally impressed with just how well that tank tucks up under there. You truly can’t notice it. Especially if you didn’t know it was there. Fuel gage and low fuel light sensor works like normal too?
You’re welcome. Yeah it’s awesome. I’m realllly impressed.

It was low fuel when I picked it up and light was in. Filled it up. Light went away.
It works just like factory. You would never notice the difference. Only thing is it stays on Full for a while. Like you top it off and drive 200 miles and the fuel is still full! Then it starts to drop like normal.
DTE is still working as if it had a 31 gal tank. So that just hovers at the same spot as well until you use up about 2/3 of the fuel and then it drops. Hoping to get the DTE changed soon though through the programming.

Benson

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been on the forum but it finally was warm enough on my day off that I could get to some of the things I've been wanting to get done. I installed the Vantrue E2 in the truck and ran all of the wiring back in the fall but I did not hardwire the power to the truck wiring until today. I had the hardwire kit run but it was dreading trying to find the plug under the dash to the constant and switched wiring. When I look under the dash with a light i could see the plug clearly. All I needed to do was bend the wires on the pigtail a little and I had it plugged in in 5 minutes.
Then since I will be running the camera in the monitor mode I permanently installed the NOCO Genisus 5 to the fuse box cover with double side tape and installed the plug in the lower valence.
I have 3 LED strips and 2 KC Cyclone V2s to mount under the hood to make sure i have enough light in case of an emergency. I need to go out into an area that has no ambient lighting and see how much lighting I need in case of a breakdown.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    630.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    447.7 KB · Views: 109
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    430.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    350 KB · Views: 102

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I permanently installed the NOCO Genisus 5 to the fuse box cover with double side tape and installed the plug in the lower valence.

I’m not sure under hood is a good place for that.

Operating Temperature: -4° to 104° F (-20° to 40° C)
Storage Temperature: -22° to 140° F (-30° to 60° C)

batman900

Reaction score
Nothing fancy but threw some Fox 2.0 on the front and fluid filmed it. Already developing a good bit of surface rust underneath, especially on the welds. Live in OK, no reason for so much rust this early but shrug..... Had a few cans left so I did the wife's 4Runner which doesn't have a spec of rust.

Shocks feel good. Firmer but not in a bad way like the 5100s did on past trucks. It's like a controlled firm, not a crashing firm. The rear is usually unloaded and so light, I'm skipping upgrading it for now. If anything, the front feels like it matches the rear now.

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

MarkCO1

Reaction score
Put the Proven Ground Hard Tonneau cover on, put the Rough Country front floor mats in. Laid out the Rough Country floor mats to de-stink.

Got Mopar Tow Hooks, Aux Panel kit, rear step, stake pocket tie downs delivered in the last 2 days, so the project complexity will be going up.

Reaction score
Here you go. From kneeling on the ground to chest level
Ok I took this pic today since there was the e white snow background to try and highlight the tank. FYI this is the tank fully topped off. I haven’t noticed a difference in 1/4 tank vs full tank either. It always seems to sit the same, which is great.

Attachments

• IMG_3797.jpeg
    IMG_3797.jpeg
    696.7 KB · Views: 59

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Tried to help a neighbor today. Drove by the guy earlier and then again 2hr later he was still trying to cut the stump off at the ground after seeing how big the roots were and giving up on digging it out.

He was about 1/3 of the way through this big boy so I decided to give it a pull and see if I could break it off for him. No way I was pulling the stump but breaking off the 1/3 cut stump seemed possible. That’s an 8 foot tree saver so nearly 8 foot diameter tree. The winch ultimately ended up dragging the truck and not budging the tree. He did say I could have all the wood and I got to play with straps and snatch blocks which is always fun so overall not a total fail.

IMG_5404.jpeg

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Picked it up from the shop yesterday....had 4.10's installed....with the wagler cam and only the baby 30hp tune it now feels and drives better than my HO did.... definitely like the tuned 68 over the aisin....just gotta get these heat cycles over with so I can get the break in miles on her....

Users who are viewing this thread