Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

z06psi

Reaction score
Goosebox is the only Lippert frame approved "gooseneck" style hook up. The gen-y, the dangerous anderson gooseneck hitch or any other hitch isn't approved by Lippert - for reasons. Brutal HO is correct, if anything at all happens - it'll be catastrophic.
Gen Y is not in the same space.

Lippert was going to buy the Gen Y design but because of money instituted their own stuff with Reese. There has not been one denial for using a Gen Y. Not one, unless it was installed incorrectly.

Internet folklore.

werard

Reaction score
Gen Y is not in the same space.

Lippert was going to buy the Gen Y design but because of money instituted their own stuff with Reese. There has not been one denial for using a Gen Y. Not one, unless it was installed incorrectly.

Internet folklore.

I think the main gist was that NONE of those hitches has been "approved" by Lippert.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Added lights under the Diamondback cover. Only took a pic of the cab side but they are pretty bright. View attachment 66502
That did come out nice! I've been thinking about getting their light or hard-wiring in something so I don't have to worry about batteries since mine is never coming off the truck without a lot of headache as it is.

sawpdx

Reaction score
Goosebox is the only Lippert frame approved "gooseneck" style hook up. The gen-y, the dangerous anderson gooseneck hitch or any other hitch isn't approved by Lippert - for reasons. Brutal HO is correct, if anything at all happens - it'll be catastrophic.
I pulled the trigger and bought the Lippert goose box 94920. Picked it up this morning. Thanks for all the comments on my old setup I never knew there were problems with that setup.

ATXWagon23

Reaction score
I know this isn’t the correct post for this but u wanted to get some opinions. I have a 2023 Power Wagon with 3k miles on it. I took it to the dealership because it started to run rough and got a check engine light on. Misfire in cylinder 1. After they tore it down to see what was the problem it turns out it needs a new engine and that may take several months to get in. My dilema now is should I get it fixed or work with the dealership to get a new truck? They have a nice Laramie megacab black on black with a diesel or have them fix my Power Wagon which I do love. Any suggestions?

jsalbre

Reaction score
I know this isn’t the correct post for this but u wanted to get some opinions. I have a 2023 Power Wagon with 3k miles on it. I took it to the dealership because it started to run rough and got a check engine light on. Misfire in cylinder 1. After they tore it down to see what was the problem it turns out it needs a new engine and that may take several months to get in. My dilema now is should I get it fixed or work with the dealership to get a new truck? They have a nice Laramie megacab black on black with a diesel or have them fix my Power Wagon which I do love. Any suggestions?
Didn’t you just get the PW? Why would you want to change to a Laramie CTD?

ATXWagon23

Reaction score
What the dealer said is that me idling a lot is what caused the problem and recommend me getting a diesel. I love my power wagon but I don’t want to wait 6 months to get it back.

jsalbre

Reaction score
What the dealer said is that me idling a lot is what caused the problem and recommend me getting a diesel. I love my power wagon but I don’t want to wait 6 months to get it back.
Idling a modern diesel isn’t good for it either. I highly doubt you’ve idled the thing enough over 3k miles to kill it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

They are full of horse dookie.

Idling a diesel is FAR worse so their recommendation is suspect at best, misinformed, and dishonest at worst.

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
Put on Tyger Blade steps and a Truxedo Sentry tonneau cover...

The steps were a pita. Ended up dropping a screw into oblivion and spent over an hour trying to get it out to no avail. At least the company is cool enough to send a new one and I don't hear it rattling around so I guess all is good! (at least until I drop the new one too :()

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 64
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    737.5 KB · Views: 64

RiverRunner

Reaction score
I'd love to know how you got the EGT's to populate that screen with the DPF % of use.
I'd like to watch the hot gasses cook the particulate junk out of the DPF while going up a big, long hill and see what a guy can do to boost cleaning performance.
Do the Temp gauges show graduations for what is high temperature so a guy knows when to back down.
Great Find for sure!

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd love to know how you got the EGT's to populate that screen with the DPF % of use.
I'd like to watch the hot gasses cook the particulate junk out of the DPF while going up a big, long hill and see what a guy can do to boost cleaning performance.
Do the Temp gauges show graduations for what is high temperature so a guy knows when to back down.
Great Find for sure!

The app is very new and rough and does require a few tricks and developer mode enabled on AA, phone, etc.

Not sure the DPF% works yet as mine is currently 0% on the EVIC display and some of the other PIDs still need to be vetted.

Torque and a few other OBD apps have much more customization, but can't be displayed on AA without other hacks. This app does require Torque on the back end.

The expectation is that eventually some of these OBD apps will get blessed for official AA support.

The thread I linked should be used for further discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread