Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

84Daytona

Reaction score
Calm after the wedding, so I got a few things done. Installed the BW stow n go hitch. Which by the way this model doesn't interfere with backup sensors. My other hitch the sensors detect it and steady tone. Got the radar detector wired in. Bonus since these trucks have power onboard I plugged my fluke meter battery in, truck is on battery charges. Great meter but notorious for the battery dead when you pull it out to use. Running boards getting fitted this coming week.
So, where did you wire in the radar detector? On my 2015 Ram 1500 I tied into the overhead lights which has worked well.
Thanks,
Dan

oppizzippo

Reaction score
Changed the oil today. Went with Red Line 0w40 and a Napa Gold filter. Disappointed in Napa Gold filter, it was made in Mexico. Going to have to check next time to see if I can find a USA filter. I went to Oreileys to dispose of the oil and their WIX filters were made in USA. Note to self...I'm not in my home state, put almost 4k miles on the truck since beginning of the month. Changed it at 5K. Plan to do 5K changes going forward. Stock suspension with 33in tires my fat belly drags a tiny amount, love not needing to jack it up for oil changes.

As a side note 5K miles review: LOVE IT! Only thing I want to change is some soft ride rear springs. Fronts don't feel too bad, but the rears really buck over bumps. Picture of truck....just because

20231124_160310.jpg

NHOverland

Reaction score

jsalbre

Reaction score
Changed the oil today. Went with Red Line 0w40 and a Napa Gold filter. Disappointed in Napa Gold filter, it was made in Mexico. Going to have to check next time to see if I can find a USA filter. I went to Oreileys to dispose of the oil and their WIX filters were made in USA. Note to self...I'm not in my home state, put almost 4k miles on the truck since beginning of the month. Changed it at 5K. Plan to do 5K changes going forward. Stock suspension with 33in tires my fat belly drags a tiny amount, love not needing to jack it up for oil changes.

As a side note 5K miles review: LOVE IT! Only thing I want to change is some soft ride rear springs. Fronts don't feel too bad, but the rears really buck over bumps. Picture of truck....just because

View attachment 65767
Why 5k mile changes?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

View attachment 65767
The whole truck was made in Mexico.

Users who are viewing this thread