Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Made a larger Headliner Gear Panel. :p
View attachment 64733
Also there is a discount code for those how can use it, it is this website before the /. One per customer on all NH Overland products over $49.99 :cool:
Man, I really want that panel, but my dog will spend every drive poking or pulling on anything I put on it. Dang tall dog.

• Haha
Reactions: CFE

CFE

Reaction score
Lawnmower/weed wacker in the area?
Potentially - not sure. Definitely a likely cause.

Rocks be flyyen yoo. Driving the gravel roads around my place people have taken out their own side windows and sunroofs. Many including myself always drive the gravel with the sunshade closed just in case the weather is calling for glass showers. It sucks but at least it didn’t shatter…yet. :oops:
Yea - I'm glad it didn't shatter. $503.xx for the repair from safelight in case anyone is curious...lol

Bluedevilman

Reaction score
Had the grid heater relay replaced today so that's good. But now that I got the truck back my passenger side turn signal isn't working. It's this something they could have done? Or just coincidence?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

wrvond

Reaction score
Got the airbags installed today with no issues other than being old, cold and tired. Took lots of breaks and spent all day on the project. Would have gone much faster if I hadn't obsessed over every minor detail of the installation.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 172743.jpg

Note: a 14mm wrench will fit those nyloc nuts, but a 9/16 wrench fits much better!

oppizzippo

Reaction score
Had my tires road force balanced. One of the rears was the cause of the hop, they said it's "in spec" but on the high end. They rotated the tire on the rim to the "best" spot. Balance Masters + Road Forced Balance = Smooth Sailing. I haven't had it over 70 yet, going on a month long trip out west starting Thursday. Looking forward to getting some miles on the truck, only have 800 miles on it so far....

wrvond

Reaction score
Had my tires road force balanced. One of the rears was the cause of the hop, they said it's "in spec" but on the high end. They rotated the tire on the rim to the "best" spot. Balance Masters + Road Forced Balance = Smooth Sailing. I haven't had it over 70 yet, going on a month long trip out west starting Thursday. Looking forward to getting some miles on the truck, only have 800 miles on it so far....

I don't think anybody in my part of the country is capable of doing that kind of balance - I think many are still using bubble balancers. ;)

wrvond

Reaction score
Under threat of snow tonight I decided I better get back outside and finish work on the truck. I installed the Husky mud guards front and rear - super easy job there - then put the wheels back on, torqued the lugnuts and backed the truck into the carport to get out of the weather. The wind is really kicking out there and the front of the truck is covered with leaves.
At least everything is done. And I really like the look of the Husky guards. I've had them on all my other trucks - even have a set off my old 2006 F150 if anybody needs them!

On the airbags, I didn't get the onboard air because I've got a ViaAir coming that will fill the bags, fills the truck tires and fill the boat and camper tires if I need it away from home. The only thing left I want to shop for now is a stainless steel tail pipe cover. I measured the pipe at 6.5" diameter, which seems an odd size to me. We'll see what I can find - always open to suggestions!

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing left I want to shop for now is a stainless steel tail pipe cover. I measured the pipe at 6.5" diameter, which seems an odd size to me. We'll see what I can find - always open to suggestions!

I’m not sure how you measured the tailpipe, but it should be 4”.

An OEM 6.5” exhaust would require the flat bill bro-dozer package.

Last edited:

wrvond

Reaction score
I’m not sure how you measured the tailpipe, but it should be 4”.

An OEM 6.5” exhaust would require the flat bill bro-dozer package.

I used a fabric tape measure, wrapped it around the pipe and measured the circumference at 13”. I thought that was rather suspicious but measured twice and came up with the same number.
This explains why I have to make three trips to the lumberyard for any given project. :)

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I used a fabric tape measure, wrapped it around the pipe and measured the circumference at 13”. I thought that was rather suspicious but measured twice and came up with the same number.
This explains why I have to make three trips to the lumberyard for any given project. :)

13” is correct for the circumference, it’s the math going from circumference to diameter that got you.

A 4” OD pipe has a circumference of 12.56”, so a 13” circumference would equate to a 4.14” and likely explains why @deanfx had such a hard time getting his tip on.

A 6.5” diameter pipe would have a 20.42” circumference.

wrvond

Reaction score
13” is correct for the circumference, it’s the math going from circumference to diameter that got you.

A 4” OD pipe has a circumference of 12.56”, so a 13” circumference would equate to a 4.14” and likely explains why @deanfx had such a hard time getting his tip on.

A 6.5” diameter pipe would have a 20.42” circumference.

I had a vasectomy in 1982 - ever since then I've been unable to multiply... ae5d319eb4fde50b.png
I'm also on a diet and have sworn off pi... ae5d319eb4fde50b.png

I'm here all week folks! :D

flan

Reaction score
Oil and filter change. LF16035 filter and Rotella 5/40 T6.

Fuel filters, Oem mopar.

Pulled my air filter for inspection. It’s a pesky AA but it gives me no problems. I have 7k + 2 years on all of the above. I put the air filter back in after knocking it off, I’ll check it in another 2 years.

5B1828EF-EDBC-4837-B158-FBE1AE7ABD2C.jpeg

1B591588-278B-43B9-968C-9905862B1267.jpeg

9A1C70B5-7B86-49AF-AFFF-D252AFAD506A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread