Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Drew M

Reaction score
If your dealer is installing power steps they'll be AMP. The only company I know that will install the OEM Ram power steps is AEV. The OEM ones require some wiring that is above the skills of most dealership employees.
Thanks!

ollicat

Reaction score
I was told today that they are on the drawing board, but no eta. I was also told possibly available in March. I wonder if the 22 models will fit the 23's. My new ETA is now 2/15, so I've got some time.
I asked my dealer if they could install electric steps and they sent me a quote. I don't know who makes the electric steps for RAM.
MD just told me they would try to install the Amp Research steps on my my 23 Laramie. Another poster here is a dealer of the Amp steps and put them on a 23 and said they were exactly as the 22s.

CFE

Reaction score
Alrighty then. Good news and what I suspected. I will try MD once more and see if they will do it.

MD just told me they would try to install the Amp Research steps on my my 23 Laramie. Another poster here is a dealer of the Amp steps and put them on a 23 and said they were exactly as the 22s.
SOBs told me last May they couldn't install aftermarket parts beyond wheel/tires. Had to buy the amp powersteps and waiting for it to warm up to install them myself.

Drew M

Reaction score
My vendor said part of the delay might be the trucks electronics and not neccessarily the mechanical parts. He said Ford or GM had changed some truck electronic programing that forced AMP to change/refresh, or upgrade existing kits. The install itself seems pretty straightforward.

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
When went to the 18 from 16 model all was needed was the OBD Module. The same one worked on my 22. The steps should fit the 23 Body without issue I would think. Same Mounting points.
Check out these guy's for any parts and information. Official Amp Research Shipping Center, ElectricStep

18RamHD

Reaction score
This is my favorite thread on all the other forums I’m part of it. I haven’t seen it on this sight. If I’m duplicating, I’ll delete! But here is what I did today.
I put on Diesel Fuel and DEF caps and called about Ranch Hand replacement bumper I’m ordering.View attachment 4679View attachment 4681
I did the same cap replacement. Depending on where you are located if you’re looking into bumper replacements I’d highly recommend Hendry’s! I’m in SD and I bought both front and rear bumpers and had them shipped to my door for less than I could buy the front bumper for up here.

2018 Ram 2500 Laramie

HEMIDUTY

Reaction score
Just finished up installing new bed step I got off ebay for 115.00, it is newer AH part.

Smittys2500RAM

Reaction score
Just finished up installing new bed step I got off ebay for 115.00, it is newer AH part.
Sweet! I need this upgrade also! what step did you get? I really want the OEM one that tucks up under and only exposes the tab to push down for deployment. Does anyone have a reputable place to get one and the correct part number? Thx! JR

DeadEnd

Reaction score
Sweet! I need this upgrade also! what step did you get? I really want the OEM one that tucks up under and only exposes the tab to push down for deployment. Does anyone have a reputable place to get one and the correct part number? Thx! JR
Sames. Could use it and a side one for the dually.

HEMIDUTY

Reaction score
The one I got says part # 82215842AH Mopar OEM replacement on eBay. 115.00 and 20.00 shipped. It does have the tab that sticks out for deployment.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Well, got this mostly installed yesterday.
Had to grind the outside face on the OEM bracket so the Thuren outer bracket would actually sit flat... drilling out the bottom holes was easy.
The 'new' hole on the side was complicated as there was already an oblong slot cut into the OEM bracket.
I guess I got the 'special' truck...

Despite setting my torque wrench to 160ft lb, I managed to snap this bolt... fun times getting a needle nose down in the gap and using a deep well socket to catch the retainer and screw it all... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Two new bolts ordered, now to wait.

Went ahead and replaced the shock over the axle to feel I had accomplished *something* but ran out of time before I could to the rears.
20230126_104118.jpg
20230126_104509.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread