Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

flan

Reaction score
I gave my truck some raccoon eyes today, lit with some DD H11 LEDs. Some before and after comparing the chrome halogens with the night editions..
Night time shot with the diode dynamic led. I have not gone out and aimed them yet. They look a touch low from the current vantage point. 363822E4-F9B7-4CCD-8108-7EA38962ADF8.jpeg

SierraHog

Reaction score
how dId the ride quality change? How level was the 1.75 lift? I assume you used their track bar? I am contemplating doing what you did with 295/60/20 or 295/65/20 AT3s on stock rims. I Have the off road package and my local shops is wanting to do a spacer lift to get use out of the existing shocks and springs since they are new. I will be towing 80% of the time and this truck will not be a daily driver. I do not want to sacrifice ride quality or tow capacity. do you or anyone have thoughts on just a spacer lift with shock extensions? i have heard a mixed review of whether the 295/65/20 AT3s would rub. I do not want any rubbing.
thanks
Yes, Thuren track bar, Thuren springs, Fox shocks, Fox TS steering damper, and Thuren sway bar. I opted not to do a spacer lift because I hear it does nothing for the ride quality. In fact, I’ve read it makes it worse. I can’t verify these claims as I’ve never used a spacer. With the 1.75” Thuren springs, it left the front approximately 3/4” lower than the rear, allowing for towing or load sag. The ride quality improved greatly. I did nothing to the rear suspension, except the shocks, so the unloaded ride is still a little harsh in the back. The front sway bar from Thuren also made a big difference in handling. I don’t get such a violent side to side rock on uneven terrain. My truck looks level, even though the rear is still a tad bit higher. I’m glad I didn’t go with the taller springs (2.25”). With the front lift, you won’t sacrifice towing capability. Thuren recommends running the stock sway bar if you have a heavy load above the bed rails, such as a large camper, etc. Fifth wheel/gooseneck and bumper pull trailers are good to go with their sway bar.

In regards to the tires, I have a friend who went to a 35/12.5-18 on stock Big Horn wheels and he gets a slight rub on full lock. I’m not sure how that equates to your 20” sizes. Here we go again…I’ve read that 35’s will generally not rub. It’s all about wheel offset and not always about lifting the front end a few inches for alleged clearance. I stayed stock for fuel mileage, already have a few sets of tire chains I run in the winter, and I didn’t want to run the chance of rubbing. Good luck!

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
I am going to be installing the same components from Thuren as you have. Saved them from my 2500. I'm going with 285-65-20. Same width as the factory tires only taller. Going to adjust with Alpha for Speedo. I had rub on the Sway Bar and Radius arm with 295-70-18 on my 2500 with factory wheels 43+

SierraHog

Reaction score
I am going to be installing the same components from Thuren as you have. Saved them from my 2500. I'm going with 285-65-20. Same width as the factory tires only taller. Going to adjust with Alpha for Speedo. I had rub on the Sway Bar and Radius arm with 295-70-18 on my 2500 with factory wheels 43+
I transferred my new parts from my 2500 to my 3500 as well. Had to buy new rear shocks though. 2500s have the post at the top and 3500s have the eyelet. Can’t go wrong with this kit.

Sorry to get off topic…back to “What did you do TO your Ram today?”

mcook

Reaction score
Yes, Thuren track bar, Thuren springs, Fox shocks, Fox TS steering damper, and Thuren sway bar. I opted not to do a spacer lift because I hear it does nothing for the ride quality. In fact, I’ve read it makes it worse. I can’t verify these claims as I’ve never used a spacer. With the 1.75” Thuren springs, it left the front approximately 3/4” lower than the rear, allowing for towing or load sag. The ride quality improved greatly. I did nothing to the rear suspension, except the shocks, so the unloaded ride is still a little harsh in the back. The front sway bar from Thuren also made a big difference in handling. I don’t get such a violent side to side rock on uneven terrain. My truck looks level, even though the rear is still a tad bit higher. I’m glad I didn’t go with the taller springs (2.25”). With the front lift, you won’t sacrifice towing capability. Thuren recommends running the stock sway bar if you have a heavy load above the bed rails, such as a large camper, etc. Fifth wheel/gooseneck and bumper pull trailers are good to go with their sway bar.

In regards to the tires, I have a friend who went to a 35/12.5-18 on stock Big Horn wheels and he gets a slight rub on full lock. I’m not sure how that equates to your 20” sizes. Here we go again…I’ve read that 35’s will generally not rub. It’s all about wheel offset and not always about lifting the front end a few inches for alleged clearance. I stayed stock for fuel mileage, already have a few sets of tire chains I run in the winter, and I didn’t want to run the chance of rubbing. Good luck!
Appreciate the response! Did you notice any change in fuel economy with this kit? Also have you, or any others reading this thread, consider Thuren rear track bar?

SierraHog

Reaction score
Appreciate the response! Did you notice any change in fuel economy with this kit? Also have you, or any others reading this thread, consider Thuren rear track bar?
No changes to the mileage with the lift, just the tires. If you decide on the rear track bar, I just posted one in the for sale section. It made a noticeable difference on my 2500. I just can’t use it on my new 3500.

Myfast70

Reaction score

Thanks for posting this reply, I just bought the Fox shocks and 2.75" front coils from one member, Thuren King steering damper from another member and then ordered a new sway bar and track bar from Thuren today. The bars won't be here for 2-3 weeks so I'm thinking of installing the shocks and springs first and then the rest when it shows up. That way I will see what difference each set of components makes more easily

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Did anyone install this grille guard? I wanted to know how it looks on a truck and what is a build quality of this product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this guard on my 2019 2500 and like it alot. It does have a removable front piece if your truck has the front facing camera. I also mounted some LED fog lights to mine, but I'm replacing those with a LED bar as soon as I find one I like that fits.

lights 1_LI.jpgside view (2).jpg

Lary0071

Reaction score
Looks fantastic. I like those tires.

Not much changed it appears. Maybe the caster and slight toe change on the right front will help. I have some feathering on my DRW fronts also so im interested to hear what happens on yours after the alignment shop's changes.

How did they increase the toe on the rear and why?
You can't change any toe in on the rear. Just as camber is welded in while making the front, camber and toe are welded in during assembly of the rear axle. What your seeing is just a 0.05° variance in the machine reading. I'm going to watch the front tire wear and if I still see it feathering he's going to give it a little bit of toe out to try.

2022 Patriot Blue 3500 Dually Limited Longhorn 6.7L with 4.11 gears.

love2build

Reaction score
I had my alignment checked when I replaced my transcrap tires a few weeks ago. My toe is good and I was told there are no other adjustments that can be made. I see people are adjusting caster. I think my truck is fine even though it does pull to the left sometimes(still can’t determine if it’s road crown related). Anyone know or can recommend a good shop in or near Austin Texas?

Lary0071

Reaction score
I had my alignment checked when I replaced my transcrap tires a few weeks ago. My toe is good and I was told there are no other adjustments that can be made. I see people are adjusting caster. I think my truck is fine even though it does pull to the left sometimes(still can’t determine if it’s road crown related). Anyone know or can recommend a good shop in or near Austin Texas?
When they said toe was fine.... what was it? Thuren wants it at zero and they want the caster turned to be within a specific range. Did you provide to them and request that they follow the Thuren specs that have been proven to be about the best settings found so far?

love2build

Reaction score
When they said toe was fine.... what was it? Thuren wants it at zero and they want the caster turned to be within a specific range. Did you provide to them and request that they follow the Thuren specs that have been proven to be about the best settings found so far?

Yes. Sorry. I should have said Thuren specs were given. Toe is fine.

rauan

Reaction score
I have this guard on my 2019 2500 and like it alot. It does have a removable front piece if your truck has the front facing camera. I also mounted some LED fog lights to mine, but I'm replacing those with a LED bar as soon as I find one I like that fits.

View attachment 29430View attachment 29431

How difficult was it to install it?

McHenry2500

Reaction score
How difficult was it to install it?

A few hours in my driveway/garage. Pretty easy if you have the right size sockets/wrenches.

I removed my front tow hooks because I planned to replace them with something else, but I have since decided to just paint mine and re-install.

May wanna check out this thread.

Last edited:

Matt58

Reaction score
ae90ff7dd736c74f019c1b4316eb2448.jpg

Finally got these installed. Cooper STT Pro in 325/65r18. The wheels are Fuel Beast I got used from a buddy at work who didn’t like them.

Sorry, no full truck shots. By the time we got down this evening it was dark and snowing heavily. I will try to get one tomorrow.

unclelala

Reaction score
ae90ff7dd736c74f019c1b4316eb2448.jpg

Finally got these installed. Cooper STT Pro in 325/65r18. The wheels are Fuel Beast I got used from a buddy at work who didn’t like them.

Sorry, no full truck shots. By the time we got down this evening it was dark and snowing heavily. I will try to get one tomorrow.

what did your work buddy not like about them?

Matt58

Reaction score
what did your work buddy not like about them?

To be honest, I’m not really sure. I think he just didn’t like them. He bought a used 2016 2500 that had them on with stock size tires. He put a spacer leveling kit on and went with different wheels with Patagonia MTs.

He offered me the old wheels at a price I just couldn’t pass up! I’m not a big fan of them either cause I like chrome, but the price was perfect! After looking at them on the truck, I’m extremely pleased with the look!!!

Vr6mole

Reaction score
how dId the ride quality change? How level was the 1.75 lift? I assume you used their track bar? I am contemplating doing what you did with 295/60/20 or 295/65/20 AT3s on stock rims. I Have the off road package and my local shops is wanting to do a spacer lift to get use out of the existing shocks and springs since they are new. I will be towing 80% of the time and this truck will not be a daily driver. I do not want to sacrifice ride quality or tow capacity. do you or anyone have thoughts on just a spacer lift with shock extensions? i have heard a mixed review of whether the 295/65/20 AT3s would rub. I do not want any rubbing.
thanks
For what its worth I am planning to run 295/65/20 Ridge Grapplers which is a 35.1x11.7 inch tire. Based on my research I will have no problems with rubbing on a 1.75 thuren spring and their sway bar. I am fairly certain you can run that tire size bone stock without any issues.

Unfortunately I can't verify any of this until my 3500 is built.

GLB1950

Reaction score
To be honest, I’m not really sure. I think he just didn’t like them. He bought a used 2016 2500 that had them on with stock size tires. He put a spacer leveling kit on and went with different wheels with Patagonia MTs.

He offered me the old wheels at a price I just couldn’t pass up! I’m not a big fan of them either cause I like chrome, but the price was perfect! After looking at them on the truck, I’m extremely pleased with the look!!!

I'm a chrome fan too but, I also like those.

Users who are viewing this thread