Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

rauan

Reaction score
Installed my fuel and def caps i had my my latest truck along with some all metal bed tiedowns. I had rhe tie downs on the last two trucks and love them

Did you have to cut anything to install tie downs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rauan

Reaction score
After seeing how expensive black lugs are, went this route and I have to say, I’m pretty happy. $20 in 22mm black plastic caps and I eliminated the only chrome/silver thing on my truck.
4d26c6fcf39abe04bd72828482890d4a.jpg

Where did you get them?

whitexc

Reaction score
Where did you get them?

This was his response...

"Amazon, just search for 22mm lug nut covers. Could find any quantities for folks with 8 lugs per tire (they come in packs of 20 cause most folks have 5 lugs) so I had to order an extra bag."

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

Linked4door

Reaction score
Did you have to cut anything to install tie downs?

See below quote

Depends on the truck. My 2019 needed trimming on the front and rear pockets.

For the 2022:
The front didn't require any cutting and slid in.
The center didn't need cutting but needed a rubber mallet to give a gental nudge to fit (most likely due to my tonneau cover rails.
The rear required some minimal trimming since the plastic bed cap extends lower then the bed rail.

Either way the only trimming is on the inside of the bed cap and can be done with a resort blade. The shape of them is perfect so no trimming to the shape of the bed pockets. Only trimming is to shorten the depth or the bed cap so the tie down wings clamp the the metal bed rails and not just an inch of plastic bed cap if that makes sense. If you look into empty pockets of your truck you will see what I am talking about. If not I can get you some pics next week of what I had to trim.

The pic shows the shallow depth bed cap that required no trimming. If the plastic goes below the metal bed lip it just needs to be shortened as far as the depth.

el_barto

Reaction score
Correct. The diode dynamics kit for ram 1500, and oem ram front bezel, and rear bracket. If you don't already have foglights will also need bolts/nuts
Interesting, they told me their kit won’t work on the HDs.

Anyways I have a pair of SSC2 Pros on order, I plan to flush mount them in the factory bezel directly below the OEM LED fog lights.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Interesting, they told me their kit won’t work on the HDs.

Anyways I have a pair of SSC2 Pros on order, I plan to flush mount them in the factory bezel directly below the OEM LED fog lights.
They probably haven't tested it so they just say no. The wiring connector plugged right in and everything bolted up without issue for me. I have more pics of the install if anyone is interested. There is also a old thread on this site that also confirms they fit. Maybe the HD guys with halogen factory fogs use a different connector than the factory led guys?

I plan to put a set of ss2 sports flush with the rear bumper to work with my reverse lights and or aux switch. Just need to tweet the brackets I made a little. Didnt want to pay 0ver $60 for some one to make them for me when I can just bend $10 worth of aluminum lol.

naplesbill

Reaction score
They probably haven't tested it so they just say no. The wiring connector plugged right in and everything bolted up without issue for me. I have more pics of the install if anyone is interested. There is also a old thread on this site that also confirms they fit. Maybe the HD guys with halogen factory fogs use a different connector than the factory led guys?

I plan to put a set of ss2 sports flush with the rear bumper to work with my reverse lights and or aux switch. Just need to tweet the brackets I made a little. Didnt want to pay 0ver $60 for some one to make them for me when I can just bend $10 worth of aluminum lol.

The OEM halogens have a different polarity than OEM LEDs. You have to swap the pins of each connector in order to swap to OEM LED fogs.

DougB

Reaction score
Installed Mopar’s front and rear splash guards. Got them for $105 plus tax on eBay from Avondale Automotive. Here is the text and part numbers from the auction.

DODGE RAM 2500 3500 Front And Rear Molded Splash Guard Set w/flare NEW OEM MOPAR

This is a genuine MOPAR 2500 3500 Front And Rear Molded Splash Guard Set With Fender Flares
NOTE : THIS GUARD SET IS FOR 2500 3500 RAMS WITH FENDER FLARES

For the following vehicles;
2019-2022 DODGE RAM 2500 3500

Brand new in package!

If you are unsure of your application, please send us your VIN for verification.

PART# 82215923AB 82215926AB

They require a hand riveter and luckily Harbor Freight had it.

The adhesive tape on the side of the guards could be a little larger. The passenger rear didn’t stick well so I had to use some 3M body trim mounting tape I had that was twice as wide. Other than that they fit nicely.

0C3B6353-C35C-408A-B0D2-49B6D4CD8F58.jpeg
70F824DE-49FD-4E8B-9896-EAD50F244B45.jpeg

F708A612-BC39-4504-A088-BAB92D72CA9A.jpeg

3A95CA92-46CC-488A-BAB4-B4A6093994B1.jpeg
32192A01-B2A3-4CB2-BC0B-166FF19F4E21.jpeg

Last edited:

ColderWeather86

Reaction score
Palmer, Alaska. Formerly Prescott, Arizona.
Installed a thermostat on my block heater cord. Used a NOCO Y connector installed in the air dam. One cord to the trickle charger and one to the block heater with the thermostat controlling it. Since the thermostat is not waterproof, I installed it in a 12 inch piece of PVC pipe with end caps to keep it dry. Used cable ties to secure it behind the license plate.
Can you post a picture on how you installed that Y connector in the air dam? I have one on my commuter, but bored a hole in the fender. It's a beater with a heater.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Can you post a picture on how you installed that Y connector in the air dam? I have one on my commuter, but bored a hole in the fender. It's a beater with a heater.
I installed the NOCO Y connector in the air dam just to the right of the license plate. You can also get a single as well.IMG_1199.jpgIMG_1197.jpg

Last edited:

Lary0071

Reaction score
I added a cheap and simple visual upgrade, a black 4" to 6" bolt on exhaust tip that slides directly onto the factory tailpipe and gives a bit of a more finished look. Literally a 60 second install with a 17mm socket and ratchet. It saddens me that you can no longer buy an MBRP straight pipe exhaust system and get some old school diesel exhaust sounds. At least I can make it look a little better.

LCGP Bolt On Diesel Exhaust Tip 4", 6" outlet 15" Long Truck Tip, Rolled Angle Cut, Black Powder Coated https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P3GTLL...abc_A98248VARQBJEDNKQQ4E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

ec8ac9f9394a13975c8c39223b8d36c1.jpg
612b65b9e62c8480bc9b2b26ed518b47.jpg
eb587f745222262e6e6c7163322bfa4c.jpg

2022 Patriot Blue 3500 Dually Limited Longhorn 6.7L with 4.11 gears.

Last edited:

Aaandroger

Reaction score
Any thoughts on doing the 12” screen protecto? Is it worth it and has anyone had any problems with the touchscreen
I put one in the rebel and one in the new power wagon. Cheap insurance and no degradation to sensitivity. Bonus was the anti-glare coating on most protectors

Lary0071

Reaction score
Any thoughts on doing the 12” screen protecto? Is it worth it and has anyone had any problems with the touchscreen
I got one from Amazon and stuck it on. It was very simple to do and now I don't need to worry about something damaging the actual truck display. I feel that it is cheap insurance for sure.

KYKR Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Compatible with 2019 2020 2021 2022 1500 2500 3500 TRX Uconnect 12 Inch Dodge Ram - Anti Glare Scratch Fingerprint Navigation Protection https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MVRQD9...abc_MJ3TT7T12DVC2SAWCDV5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I got one from Amazon and stuck it on. It was very simple to do and now I don't need to worry about something damaging the actual truck display. I feel that it is cheap insurance for sure.

Yeah I’m gonna order it.
What type of exhaust tip did you do? And does it vent? I hear for the diesel they have to vent for the regeneration thing?

Users who are viewing this thread