Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tune for 2022 HD

waveslayer

Reaction score
YMMV but in my experience any major company that says "we are just finalizing testing" means they are still working on it but don't want you to buy elsewhere.
What's available for 2022 right now?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

rmurphy

Reaction score
got this email from Stealth Performance last night, not sure what their products are like or what it actually does. I asked some questions and they really didn't have any answers

" Yes, you read that right! We are getting ready to finally release the new Ram Cummins (2019-2022) Stealth Module that we have been working so hard on.
The instant power needs to be felt to believe and the difference these make is unbelievable. We are excited for everyone to experience it first hand!
Due to the high demand for this application, we are opening up pre-orders. This new Stealth Module will be fulfilled FIRST COME FIRST SERVE in batches starting on September 12th (or slightly before *shh*).
Once your order is fulfilled, you will receive a tracking number counting down the days until you can begin enjoying the Ram Cummins (2019-2022) Stealth Module yourself!"

Our Conversation

ME: so this works on 22 ram 2500's, what are the HP / torque numbers for a 22 6.7L for each level

Stealth: We are just releasing them for pre order now!

ME: so no data on them yet? If they work on the 22's you'll be the first to have any tuning for them on the market

Stealth: Our module isn’t a tuner where each setting is a specific hp number. Dyno’s read wide open throttle peak numbers. Our modules work to bring the power curve lower in the rpm range and give you roughly 10% more power over stock.

ME: ok, just seen that a 4 level switch was included. so figured they were all different hp levels

Stealth: I drove one of our 2019 test trucks and it was a night and day difference.

ME: I ran an edge juice with attitude on my last Cummins before i deleted it and that's roughly the same idea as yours? does it change boost levels?

Stealth: I’m not familiar. Our module plugs into the fuel and boost sensors manipulating the fuel rail and boost pressures to bring the power in where you need it.

ME: gotcha, so what's the difference in the 4 positions?

Stealth: Stock - low - medium - high It controls how much the module does, how much earlier the fuel and boost will come in etc

Last edited:

Riddick

Reaction score
Read about this last night, sounds like a hack to trick the computer... no different than the Banks Derringer. All these modules do is manipulate what the sensor is reading and tricks the truck to use more fuel and boost. IMO, these do not do much for performance. If you want more power the correct way is to reprogram the entire ECU not tricking it do add more power. Unfortunately, the 22s do not have tuning support, many of us are patiently waiting. I have all the goodies to install on my truck just need programming to support!!

cquilichini

Reaction score
I ordered a Stealth Module last night after talking to them on the phone. It's supposed to add about 50hp and 150ft/t. I have to compare it to a JB4 module for turbocharged BMW's. Those modules usually do a good job improving drivability and reducing turbo lag. Stealth is advertised exactly like that. We'll see how it goes once i receive it. Fingers crossed. Not many options available for 22's.

Riddick

Reaction score
I ordered a Stealth Module last night after talking to them on the phone. It's supposed to add about 50hp and 150ft/t. I have to compare it to a JB4 module for turbocharged BMW's. Those modules usually do a good job improving drivability and reducing turbo lag. Stealth is advertised exactly like that. We'll see how it goes once i receive it. Fingers crossed. Not many options available for 22's.
Let us know how you like it. I didn't think the Stealth modules added power. I thought I read they simply bring on the power sooner in the RPM band. Meaning, your bottom end power will increase but your peak power will not. If they explained it differently please post up, I'm curious how these work.

Reaction score
every company I've spoken to says its almost like deleting a L5P Duramax, the computer will have to be sent in. also said something about modifying a 2021 computer for it to work properly. what i got out of the conversations was its gonna be a long wait and its going to be expensive ;(

MtnRider

Reaction score
every company I've spoken to says its almost like deleting a L5P Duramax, the computer will have to be sent in. also said something about modifying a 2021 computer for it to work properly. what i got out of the conversations was its gonna be a long wait and its going to be expensive ;(

Yes, they have to replace the ECU and it is expensive. You are talking ~$4300 give or take from what I saw. Performance had a few units ready to go a while back so no wait but those have been sold out and they are waiting on more.

Riddick

Reaction score
Appears to be a piggy back controller but offers way more options than the Stealth module. Multiple tune levels to choose from with up to 60 hp / 130 tq improvements. Also, it looks like this can do a lot of the functions Alpha OBD can. Glad to see the aftermarket is supporting these trucks still. If tuning an ECU is going to cost us 22 owners over 4K this seems like the next best option.

MtnRider

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested.... It ain't cheap though

cquilichini

Reaction score
Appears to be a piggy back controller but offers way more options than the Stealth module. Multiple tune levels to choose from with up to 60 hp / 130 tq improvements. Also, it looks like this can do a lot of the functions Alpha OBD can. Glad to see the aftermarket is supporting these trucks still. If tuning an ECU is going to cost us 22 owners over 4K this seems like the next best option.

Anyone running the edge ezx? Looks cool.

Users who are viewing this thread