Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tune for 2022 HD

waveslayer

Reaction score
There wont be any that can do it without an ECM swap or bench flash due to the nature of the bootloader on the 22s
This is what Banks is trying to avoid... and would be the reason for the long delay in releasing their tuner

MtnRider

Reaction score
This is what Banks is trying to avoid... and would be the reason for the long delay in releasing their tuner

They haven't released the tuner for the fourth gens yet and it's easy to crack, it's been coming soon for Years and Years. .... I wouldn't hold your breath Lol His "tuners" are just add on boost and timing foolers anyway.

Last edited:

Riddick

Reaction score
Negative, the Derringer from Banks does not reflash your PCM. It's a piggy back controller that manipulates what the PCM sees, basically tricking the truck. No different than the Edge tuner and Stealth modules.

Wholeo

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, is this setup for emission intact trucks?

swordfish

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the first impression from Calibrated Power tuning. I wonder if I have to use their bypass cable if I already have the Kaodtech cable?

Riddick

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the first impression from Calibrated Power tuning. I wonder if I have to use their bypass cable if I already have the Kaodtech cable?

From a performance perspective it will be identical to the 19-21s. The interface will be slightly different since the 22-23s will use HP tuners. You will be able to switch between tunes using your steering wheel controls vs a physical switch. I am ready to order but I have to make sure I have a job after July 1st before purchasing :).

I also have the Kaodtech cable and do not see it being an issue.

Riddick

Reaction score
I ordered the 22' tuning package from Calibrated Power, they are currently on back order. The person I spoke with mentioned they should have more PCMs in a couple of weeks.

I am not sure when I will be installing it since we are moving in a couple of weeks but I will be sure to post up a review and how the install was.

I asked about the Kaodtech bypass cable and they stated any bypass cable will work.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I ordered the 22' tuning package from Calibrated Power, they are currently on back order. The person I spoke with mentioned they should have more PCMs in a couple of weeks.

I am not sure when I will be installing it since we are moving in a couple of weeks but I will be sure to post up a review and how the install was.

I asked about the Kaodtech bypass cable and they stated any bypass cable will work.
Yes the Kaodtech works i use it with my tuner.

Riddick

Reaction score
IMG_20230708_194233022.jpg
She's ready, only crappy thing is I broke my collarbone 2 weeks ago. Gonna be a bit before I can swap the PCM

Attachments

• IMG_20230708_194155636.jpg
    IMG_20230708_194155636.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 48

Riddick

Reaction score
Hot damn 4.3k?!

New ecm life is expensive :(
It is indeed absolutely expensive.

6 weeks ago it was 3200, 4 weeks ago it was 3700, now its 4200. Demand is high for new Cummins PCMs. I posted the part number above so others can order them. I paid a touch more going through CP but will make things easier for me in the long run.

Dbowit

Reaction score
It is indeed absolutely expensive.

6 weeks ago it was 3200, 4 weeks ago it was 3700, now its 4200. Demand is high for new Cummins PCMs. I posted the part number above so others can order them. I paid a touch more going through CP but will make things easier for me in the long run.
Oh didn’t know it jumped! I mean 3,200 looks prettier. Just wild. I thought my 2018 mm3 set from double r was expensive at the time but we reach new levels here. Seems like the way of the future though I imagine.

Definitely not a lot out there with that part number that’s not china.com

Found the below

1.8k so can save you 800 bucks or so from CP but then you need to ship it to them to unlock which I imagine they would charge 500+ for? I
so probably minimal savings after?

Riddick

Reaction score
No idea what they charge to bench flash the new PCM but it does need to be bench flashed prior to loading a tune on it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Oh didn’t know it jumped! I mean 3,200 looks prettier. Just wild. I thought my 2018 mm3 set from double r was expensive at the time but we reach new levels here. Seems like the way of the future though I imagine.

Definitely not a lot out there with that part number that’s not china.com

Found the below

1.8k so can save you 800 bucks or so from CP but then you need to ship it to them to unlock which I imagine they would charge 500+ for? I
so probably minimal savings after?
Most companies are ~250$CAD ish for bench flashing/ ecm recovery that i have seen

Dbowit

Reaction score
Most companies are ~250$CAD ish for bench flashing/ ecm recovery that i have seen
I’ll shoot them a email and see what they say and report back. Had a lot better luck finding the ecm’s when you merge all those numbers on the box together instead of spaced. It looks like summit has our cheapest price at the moment.

Riddick

Reaction score
Good find, make sure you account for the 250 core charge if you wish to keep stock PCM. Looks like they are also drop shipping straight from vendor with an estimated 1 moth lead time.

Users who are viewing this thread