Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

thestuarts

Reaction score
Thestuarts, just checking in with you to see whether or not you received the trailer camera?

I just received a phone call from a dealer in Illinois that has one in stock. He says everything is plug-n-play, so I'm praying it'll be an install from the back of the travel trailer to the camera prep kit that the dealer previously installed on the truck.

Retail is $519.75 and his price was $450.00. So, I'm wondering if your price of $649 includes the camera kit in addition to the camera itself?

The $649 price I was quoted was said to be MSRP for just the camer, but the dealership said the price might change, so it doesn't surprise me that it is cheaper. I have not ordered one yet because I have had bad experiences with being an early adopter.

Thanks for the update.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
The $649 price I was quoted was said to be MSRP for just the camer, but the dealership said the price might change, so it doesn't surprise me that it is cheaper. I have not ordered one yet because I have had bad experiences with being an early adopter.

Thanks for the update.
What’s the part number, I’ll order one if I can find it somewhere online to order it.

thestuarts

Reaction score

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
The part number is 82215770AB as indicated on the picture in this quote:

It is for sale for $422 at https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/CAMERA-KI-BACK-UP/78566637/82215770AB.html, but the picture shows the camera image inside the rear view mirror, so now I don't know what to believe.
Kind of makes sense. If you want to se what’s behind your trailer we would normally look up to a mirror so maybe that’s where it transmits the video as your driving. My question then would be so it plugs into truck and we have a 45 ft cord running over, under, or around to put camera on back?? Already have a camera back there.

aduc

Reaction score

It is for sale for $422 at https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/CAMERA-KI-BACK-UP/78566637/82215770AB.html, but the picture shows the camera image inside the rear view mirror, so now I don't know what to believe.
I had the dealer order this kit, 82215770AB $495. Saying it is camera only but what arrived appears to be the prep kit and the camera. I already have the prep kit from the factory XFQ so not sure how to get just the camera. The picture I see on various mopar websites are exactly what arrived including the camera so not sure if I am overpaying just to get the camera in that sense I shouldn't have factory ordered the prep kit.

aduc

Reaction score
@Stumblefoot, I've attached a picture of the quote. If you can't read it, the quote came from James Nelson in the parts department at Dwayne Lane's Chrysler Jeep Ram in Everett, WA. 888-444-LANE or 425-353-3855.

View attachment 1066
I ordered this same part number from the dealer. Retail $495. What arrived is what appears to be the entire wiring prep kit and the camera kit. I already have the factory installed prep kit so not sure how to get camera only but could be camera alone shouldn't be a $500 item.

thestuarts

Reaction score
I ordered this same part number from the dealer. Retail $495. What arrived is what appears to be the entire wiring prep kit and the camera kit. I already have the factory installed prep kit so not sure how to get camera only but could be camera alone shouldn't be a $500 item.

Is it possible the wire is to install the camera on the back of a trailer? In other words, the wire looks like the prep kit, but it is really the extension cable?

switz

Reaction score

I just called the moparpartsinc number and spoke with a gal who was clueless regarding anything to do with this part. They do not have it in stock and she has no idea what it is.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Hence the “Shop with Confidence”
6d460e503f0ae8387ab6e4853b199a9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aduc

Reaction score
I just called the moparpartsinc number and spoke with a gal who was clueless regarding anything to do with this part. They do not have it in stock and she has no idea what it is.
I ordered the camera kit, the dealer said there is 429 available in the Atlanta warehouse. The part # shows up for them if they type it in but cant seem to look it up by vehicle.The picture you see in various places mopar parts etc.... is a picture of the camera kit regardless of part #, be it the 833xxxxx(XFQ) or the 82215770ab. All the various wiring is meant to wire a trailer, various length for various trailer length . Haven't installed yet but soon.

aduc

Reaction score
Is it possible the wire is to install the camera on the back of a trailer? In other words, the wire looks like the prep kit, but it is really the extension cable?
yes, all the wiring is to wire various length trailers.
I think you can order the trailer prep kit without the camera and this is different than the truck prep kit..(XFQ) I think that is where there is some misunderstanding, descriptions on line etc...

switz

Reaction score
Hopefully, someone will get this installed soon so we can see what the hell it does and hw it attaches and shows up on the screen. If I could see the camera on the rear of my 5th wheel and have it displayed on one half of the 12 inch screen, I would pull the trigger. If not, I will continue with my wireless Furion.

regal2800

Reaction score
I ordered the camera kit, the dealer said there is 429 available in the Atlanta warehouse. The part # shows up for them if they type it in but cant seem to look it up by vehicle.The picture you see in various places mopar parts etc.... is a picture of the camera kit regardless of part #, be it the 833xxxxx(XFQ) or the 82215770ab. All the various wiring is meant to wire a trailer, various length for various trailer length . Haven't installed yet but soon.

can you tell us the part number you ordered for the camera alone?

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Received the trailer camera this week and it is a BIG disappointment. I was shocked to see that the video to the integrated 12" touchscreen is not nearly as clear as the backup, cargo, and surround cameras. I'd put the video output equal to, or a step below, most RV industry cameras made by Furrion.

Plan to send it back to the dealer Monday unless someone here wants it for my cost $530 (incl. shipping). Now, I wish I hadn't spent $610 on the trailer connect kit and install on the truck. Below are all of the parts included in the package.

Trailer Camera Part List

TrailerCameraPartList.JPEG

Part #E - Camera

Part#E-Camera.JPEG

Part #F & G & H - Camera Mounting Bracket and Covers

Part#F&G&H-Bracket&Covers.JPEG

Part #A - 6ft Harness #68382530AB

Part#A-6ft_1_68382530AB.JPEG

Part #B - 10ft Harness #68382531AB

Part#B-10ft_1_68382531AB.JPEG

Part #C - 23ft Harness #68382532AB

Part#C-23ft_1_68382532AB.JPEG

Part #D - 13ft Harness #68382533AB

Part#D-13ft_1_68382533AB.JPEG

Part #I - Harness Connector Plug Holder (Placed on Trailer Frame)

Part#I-FrameMount(Front).JPEG

Part #J & K & L & M & N & O & P - Hardware Kit (Nuts, Bolts, Screws, Zip Ties, and Mounts

Part#J&K&L&M&N&O&P-HardwareKit80273(NutsBoltsScrewsZiptiesMount).JPEG

I can only post 10 pics in a single message, so will include harness routing and mounting location recommendations in a subsequent post.

Attachments

• Part#A-6ft_1_68382530AB.JPEG
    Part#A-6ft_1_68382530AB.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread