Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Interesting... I have the furrion and it's basically unusable for me. I wonder if I got a dud. Sitting still it's OK, but, moving down the road, it's jumpy and laggy at best. I wish it worked better, but, I have honestly stopped trying. I have a 32' travel trailer. If and when we upgrade to a fiver, I'll probably get a new camera and try it again. I see very few bad reviews on the camera, so, I suspect I just got a bad one and didn't really recognize it until it was too late to return.
My reception is very good and I have a 42 foot 5th wheel. It blinks off and on about every 15-20 min for about 1-2 sec, but other than that it’s clear and good. Make sure the place it’s attached to is tight then also test camera to make sure it has no movement as well. They are a great system.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
The price for 82215770AB is $649.25 according to a written quote I received on Saturday. Please don't shoot the messenger.
Do you mind sharing where you got the quote from? I still can't find the camera part # online at Mopar and the dealer parts manager gave me a quote for a tailgate camera when I gave him the part #, so I'm not about to trust the dealer to order the correct camera.

thestuarts

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing where you got the quote from? I still can't find the camera part # online at Mopar and the dealer parts manager gave me a quote for a tailgate camera when I gave him the part #, so I'm not about to trust the dealer to order the correct camera.

@Stumblefoot, I've attached a picture of the quote. If you can't read it, the quote came from James Nelson in the parts department at Dwayne Lane's Chrysler Jeep Ram in Everett, WA. 888-444-LANE or 425-353-3855.

thestuarts

Reaction score

@Stumblefoot, It is interesting that the quote I was given says "CAMERA KIT: BACK UP." Maybe they gave me a quote for the tailgate backup camera instead of the AUX camera. The parts guy seemed confident it was the right part because he was looking at a parts diagram, but it would be good to double check.

Cummins0867

Reaction score
@Stumblefoot, It is interesting that the quote I was given says "CAMERA KIT: BACK UP." Maybe they gave me a quote for the tailgate backup camera instead of the AUX camera. The parts guy seemed confident it was the right part because he was looking at a parts diagram, but it would be good to double check.
That is the correct part number...please see attached link as it verifies the Camera that is to be used with the Trailer Camera Prep kit for our HD trucks. Read the notes below on that page and it mentions the exact same part number thats on the quote above....in post #143

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Thx for sharing the quote sheet. It certainly shows the correct part #. And, you are definitely right about double checking before ordering.

The reason I knew the Parts Manager I spoke with had the wrong item is because the schematic he gave me was for the tailgate. I couldn't get him to understand I was looking for a camera for the travel trailer. He just kept saying the part # I gave him was for the tailgate camera. Who knows? I think I'll call the dealer I purchased the truck from back in Illinois and see what they have to say.

Greg M.

Reaction score
Thx for sharing the quote sheet. It certainly shows the correct part #. And, you are definitely right about double checking before ordering.

The reason I knew the Parts Manager I spoke with had the wrong item is because the schematic he gave me was for the tailgate. I couldn't get him to understand I was looking for a camera for the travel trailer. He just kept saying the part # I gave him was for the tailgate camera. Who knows? I think I'll call the dealer I purchased the truck from back in Illinois and see what they have to say.
I have been researching this auxillary trailer camera for a couple of weeks now and came across this discussion. I have spoken with two RAM dealers and several folks at MOPAR. The camera part number exists as mentioned in this thread and I found the cost to be 500 dollars. Unfortunately the part is still "under development" as of Sept 10 and will be released on Sept 30. Let me know if anyone actually gets the part in early October. I will continue to harass all parties until I get my camera for the rear of my fifth wheel.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I have been researching this auxillary trailer camera for a couple of weeks now and came across this discussion. I have spoken with two RAM dealers and several folks at MOPAR. The camera part number exists as mentioned in this thread and I found the cost to be 500 dollars. Unfortunately the part is still "under development" as of Sept 10 and will be released on Sept 30. Let me know if anyone actually gets the part in early October. I will continue to harass all parties until I get my camera for the rear of my fifth wheel.
Stay on them and keep us updated!!

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Unfortunately the part is still "under development" as of Sept 10 and will be released on Sept 30. Let me know if anyone actually gets the part in early October. I will continue to harass all parties until I get my camera for the rear of my fifth wheel.
Thanks for the update! Was hoping to have it before a big trip to Mount Rushmore the last weekend in September, but not critical as our campsite is a pull through. Definitely want to get it before heading to Los Angeles and San Diego in October though. So, I hope the Sep. 30 date they gave you is accurate.

stratosfire

Reaction score
I ordered my truck with the wiring for the trailer camera and have the 7-12 connector. Still waiting for the camera to be available. Does anyone know of an aftermarket camera that will work the 12 pin connector? I also wonder (like several others that have posted) if the 12-pin connector will receive a wireless dongle?? That would make sense since it was initially listed as Order Code XNZ "Wireless Trailer Camera-Long Range (XNZ) on build/order sheets.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I ordered my truck with the wiring for the trailer camera and have the 7-12 connector. Still waiting for the camera to be available. Does anyone know of an aftermarket camera that will work the 12 pin connector? I also wonder (like several others that have posted) if the 12-pin connector will receive a wireless dongle?? That would make sense since it was initially listed as Order Code XNZ "Wireless Trailer Camera-Long Range (XNZ) on build/order sheets.
Probably not going to get one that’s probably why they lowered the towing technology group. Went from $995 to $595 8AE5F576-E1E0-496C-9E96-77E0E5D23C31.jpeg

Marshfly

Reaction score
Camera wiring is a separate option from the Towing Tech Group.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Well I ordered that too.
67d544cb9e546f1d680a4e284a3fb042.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
What do you mean. Just letting you know if you ordered this model it now has $1000 rebate.

Marshfly

Reaction score
What do you mean. Just letting you know if you ordered this model it now has $1000 rebate.

A conquest customer is a customer that has a competing truck registered in their name. I own a 2014 Ram and a 2018 Jeep. That means I don't qualify for that money. If I had a Superduty, I would. I think that's BS.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
A conquest customer is a customer that has a competing truck registered in their name. I own a 2014 Ram and a 2018 Jeep. That means I don't qualify for that money. If I had a Superduty, I would. I think that's BS.
My bad. I just thought of it as a rebate. I use my other truck that has my name on it as well that my son drives. He’s got a 2018 F-150

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I do however wish they would put that on a Longhorn too not just a limited.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Thestuarts, just checking in with you to see whether or not you received the trailer camera?

I just received a phone call from a dealer in Illinois that has one in stock. He says everything is plug-n-play, so I'm praying it'll be an install from the back of the travel trailer to the camera prep kit that the dealer previously installed on the truck.

Retail is $519.75 and his price was $450.00. So, I'm wondering if your price of $649 includes the camera kit in addition to the camera itself?

Users who are viewing this thread