Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

regal2800

Reaction score
i dont know what camera plugs in. Im waiting to see what camera they use before i go to the dealer. I spoke with the dealer and they said to bring over the instructions that came with my aux camera prep kit and they will flash the system to make it work.

regal2800

Reaction score
I just got back from the dealer. I took the truck to the dealer to have the computer flashed per the instructions included in Trailer Camera Prep kit (82215833AB). They flashed the system and everything appears to be working. There is a new icon when i put the truck into reverse that has a Trailer Icon with Camera. When i click on the icon i get a blue screen per the instruction manual. I have to wait for the mopar trailer camera to become available to fully test the system, but it looks like everything is setup and the add on is fully possible for anyone interested.

Now i just need to wait for the Trailer tire pressure monitor system.

Last edited:

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
I have to wait for the mopar trailer camera to become available to fully test the system, but it looks like everything is setup and the add on is fully possible for anyone interest.

I'm right there waiting with you for both the camera and TTPMS.

Cummins0867

Reaction score
I just got back from the dealer. I took the truck to the dealer to have the computer flashed per the instructions included in Trailer Camera Prep kit (82215833AB). They flashed the system and everything appears to be working. There is a new icon when i put the truck into reverse that has a Trailer Icon with Camera. When i click on the icon i get a blue screen per the instruction manual. I have to wait for the mopar trailer camera to become available to fully test the system, but it looks like everything is setup and the add on is fully possible for anyone interested.

Can you post the instructions for the Trailer Camera Prep Kit ? Did you install it yourself? If so how long did it take?

regal2800

Reaction score
its one bundle of wires that basically goes from the bumper up to the dash. its very easy, just takes some time to run the wires per the instructions. i tried to upload the manual, but it's too large to post. needless to say the instructions come with the kit.

regal2800

Reaction score
i stumbled across this video the other day for Ford. This is exactly the same setup like RAM. it replaces the 7/4 pin connector with this 7/12 pin connector. the 12 pin camera on the ford looks like it will even work on the ram. The interesting thing to take away from this is that the trailer tire pressure monitor on the ford uses the 12pin connector! i'd bet that the ram aux trailer cam and TTPMS will work just like Ford's system.

regal2800

Reaction score
I Took a couple pics of the plug that gets installed on the bumper for anyone that wants to know how it looks. Take a look at the pin configuration and it looks very similar to the Ford system which incorporates TTPMS and aux camera. they are both also 12 pin.699700

arude

Reaction score
Hi All, great to see the picture, wish i had it Saturday when i went to the dealer to ask what i had to show for the XFQ Camera Wiring option that i had paid for in my new Laramie 2500. Its clear that i dont have the 12 over 7 plug. Of course the dealer knew nothing, even less than i did, but they did look up the part numbers for the TTPMS sensors and camera which they said WERE available to order. They had no idea what i would get when i ordered these. Considering the cost i did not order and will not until its clear what i would actually be getting. I had a lot of questions that they could not answer like: Are the sensors all we need for trainer tires, how many do you get for 218 bucks? If its one then the chances of me adding this to my TT are about zero. What else do i have to but to install the TTPMS? . Same for the camera. While a backup camera is nice, i want an observation camera that on all the time so i can see whats going on behind the trailer. I have this now, just dont want to have another display in the truck. If this is only a backup camera, i will stick with what i have and write of the XFQ option to a bad investment ..

Attachments

• IMG_3161.JPG
    IMG_3161.JPG
    395.5 KB · Views: 66

arude

Reaction score
Just to be clear on the pictures you sent. Did you actually get the XFQ Trainer Camera Wiring option on the truck or did you order the kit separately and have it installed by the dealer?

Phil T

Reaction score
Just received my trailer camera wiring kit and installed it yesterday. Took 5 hours. I still need to get it flashed and have a camera to test things out.

I am attaching a pdf of the install instructions.

Attachments

• XFQ.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 192

arude

Reaction score
Nice. Interesting, i have the AUX Icon on the 12" display but no 7 over 12 connector. Looks like i send your PDF to the dealer and now at least they have more to go on. You said it took 5 hours to install, did you or the dealer do the work?

arude

Reaction score
From looking at the pdf it looks like by removing the left panel from the dash i should be able to see right off the bat if i have this kit installed from the factory. not clear however how to remove the left panel. Is there a secret?

Phil T

Reaction score
Just pops off. Use a putty knife to get under an edge.

arude

Reaction score
OK, will give it a shot. looks like if i check the connector for the 3 pins that you inserted for the wiring harness, if they are already there then i have the kit already installed from the factory, and maybe just did not get the proper connector. Hate taking new things apart. :(

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I know mine isn't a 2019, but I am having issue with my 12v+ on my trailer plug.

Since you had this all apart...where all are the connections.

I had a blown fuse, but it was only for the trailer reverse lights, they now work(was hoping it was the same fuse for 12v+...nope).

I haven't looked at any connection yet (other than a glance at the back of the plug)

My trailer battery is fully charged so not real concerned about it, just want it to work.

If anyone has any experience with what to do, greatly appreciated.

thestuarts

Reaction score
I picked up my 2019 Ram 3500 today. I ordered the trailer camera prep (option XFQ). I confirmed the wiring was installed by the 12-pin connection in the rear, and I see the icon for the aux camera in the list of possible cameras.

I asked the parts department if the camera can be ordered, but they confirmed it is not available yet. The list price is $649.25. The part number is 82215770AB as others have already posted. The estimated date it will be available for order is August 18th.

My truck did not come with the TTPMS system as others have reported.

Last edited:

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I picked up my 2019 Ram 3500 today. I ordered the trailer camera prep (option XFQ). I confirmed the wiring was installed by the 12-pin connection in the rear, and I see the icon for the aux camera in the list of possible cameras.

I asked the parts department if the camera can be ordered, but they confirmed it is not available yet. The list price is $649.25. The part number is 82215770AB as others have already posted. The estimated date it will be available for order is August 18th.

My truck did not come with the TTPMS system as others have reported.
Shows to be $395 here..

Users who are viewing this thread