Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too much oil and poor dealer help

flan

Reaction score
At this point I would probably drive it as much as possible, make it fail sooner than later.
Yep. I wouldn’t want that engine for the long haul after it’s been run on that thinned out oil.

tchur1

Reaction score
Why not just trade it in at this point? This thing is a mess, motor is about to blow up and your dealers service department is incompetent.

Dinky503

Reaction score
Why not just trade it in at this point? This thing is a mess, motor is about to blow up and your dealers service department is incompetent.

Too far down the rabbit hole and someone else would throw money at the thing. I am all for seeing it to the end and making the dealership live the pain with me now.

Enve46

Reaction score
Oh man, that video does NOT sound good. Sucks to see and you have some nice suspension goodies on there too

Dinky503

Reaction score
Oh man, that video does NOT sound good. Sucks to see and you have some nice suspension goodies on there too

Yep its looking grim. I have all stock suspension parts in the garage at least. Currently everything thuren suspension makes is under my truck right now.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
Driving my truck this morning since the oil change I have gone 40miles and already hit a regen cycle... with a new DPF. In 40miles used just over a 1/4 tank of fuel.

The clanking sound has gotten louder since the batteries were replace maybe they went bad again?

View attachment 68747View attachment 68743
Batteries, that was horseshyte from the beginning. What an awful dealership.

Dinky503

Reaction score
I would push for an engine swap or buyback. There's no way a lifter & cam R&R is going to fix smoked rod and crank bearings and journals.

Yep it's all baked. I already have more vibrations in the steering wheel. I have another 6.7 truck and can tell the difference

Users who are viewing this thread