Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titan Fuel Tank.... For a HEMI!

ThatAlbertaGuy

Reaction score
As a power wagon owner / driver . Payload wasn’t a factor for me and still isn’t . If you want to tow PW isn’t for you . Fuel range however is priority 1 lol . I don’t know why they didn’t make it standard with the 50 gallon tank but I really hope this works so I can safely start my adventure on it.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
An extra 19 gallons is about 150#. Not too big a deal. I wish it was standard in every 2500/3500, gas or diesel.
Even with the 'extra' weight of tank and additional components, it would likely still be lighter than an aluminum in bed tank taking up space.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
Even with the 'extra' weight of tank and additional components, it would likely still be lighter than an aluminum in bed tank taking up space.
Was thinking about this more (I have to find better hobbies…). The logic of the 31G on the 6’ bed and 50G in the 8’ bed makes no sense. They should both be 50, but if the 8’ was 31 and needed an aux tank, it’s bed would be more accommodating.

I’m just a sore sport I guess….

DrTron

Reaction score
The logic of the 31G on the 6’ bed and 50G in the 8’ bed makes no sense.
I rather thought it did actually make sense. The 8' bed trucks have a longer wheelbase, so there's more room in front of the rear axle for a larger tank.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
Whelp no luck. Here is an unorganized list of feedback i got.
  • The 50G was nearly two feet longer and 12-18in taller. There was question if it would would even fit before hitting any of the underbody protection and stuff
  • The 50G tank only had two inputs, the 33G has 3 ... wtf do we do with the 3rd hose
  • The 33G tank's fuel pump took the hose feed coming from cab ; the 50G fuel pump fits in to take it from the rear ; the hoses and that were listed for the 50G tank only feed in from the side.
  • None of the hoses and harness were long enough, matched or lined up. It woudl require splicing everything to make it work.
  • They are pretty confident we could move the crossmember support on the frame to make it work , or just add another one.
They had a crew cab long bed up on the lift working on the fuel pump at the same time - Ironic / Lucky - They had the tech working on that come over and look at my power wagon while it was lifted and they said they were looking at to completely different fuel systems.

tojo

Reaction score
  • The 50G was nearly two feet longer and 12-18in taller. There was question if it would would even fit before hitting any of the underbody protection and stuff
  • The 50G tank only had two inputs, the 33G has 3 ... wtf do we do with the 3rd hose
  • The 33G tank's fuel pump took the hose feed coming from cab ; the 50G fuel pump fits in to take it from the rear ; the hoses and that were listed for the 50G tank only feed in from the side.
  • None of the hoses and harness were long enough, matched or lined up. It woudl require splicing everything to make it work.
  • They are pretty confident we could move the crossmember support on the frame to make it work , or just add another one.
They had a crew cab long bed up on the lift working on the fuel pump at the same time - Ironic / Lucky - They had the tech working on that come over and look at my power wagon while it was lifted and they said they were looking at to completely different fuel systems.

Tater86

Reaction score
Did the CCLB have the 50G take on the 32G?

Power247

Reaction score
Thanks for reporting back. Very disappointing. I hope you can easily return all the parts you ordered.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

reese917

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and giving it a solid attempt.

Back to the drawing board.

chas0218

Reaction score
Damn I was so hoping this wasn't going to be the case. Anyone have contacts in the aftermarket industry that would be willing to take on this tank?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Damn I was so hoping this wasn't going to be the case. Anyone have contacts in the aftermarket industry that would be willing to take on this tank?
This was never going to be a situation where you just hand all the parts to a dealer, and say “here, just swap this stuff out”.
None of the 50 gallon tank lines and evap lines are going to be the correct lengths going into a CCSB because they are made for a truck that is almost 2’ longer. All that stuff has to be lengthened/shortened, fuel pump wiring probably has to be extended, and an overlay harness needs to be added for the FTIV, which doesn’t exist on a CCSB truck. Then, the PCM has to be configured for the 50 gallon tank. Dealership techs are just part swappers, and couldn’t possibly be expected to take on a swap like this.

Tater86

Reaction score
This was never going to be a situation where you just hand all the parts to a dealer, and say “here, just swap this stuff out”.
None of the 50 gallon tank lines and evap lines are going to be the correct lengths going into a CCSB because they are made for a truck that is almost 2’ longer. All that stuff has to be lengthened/shortened, fuel pump wiring probably has to be extended, and an overlay harness needs to be added for the FTIV, which doesn’t exist on a CCSB truck. Then, the PCM has to be configured for the 50 gallon tank. Dealership techs are just part swappers, and couldn’t possibly be expected to take on a swap like this.
@Jimmy07 I got a little stuck in the convo, but could it still be possible to add to a CCLB truck? They got rid of the option for 2023, but I'd like to try to upgrade if possible.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I've emailed several, a couple of times a year since getting my 2019... still waiting.
They simply aren't interested (read they won't make enough money)... making a larger diesel tank is apparently easier than a gasoline tank.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

Appreciate you stepping up and giving it a go...

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
Did the CCLB have the 50G take on the 32G?
IIRC, it had the 50 on it.

Thanks for reporting back. Very disappointing. I hope you can easily return all the parts you ordered.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
Yes; we ordered knowing we might be returning so we didn't do anything with the parts that might prevent us from retruning.

Yes, I had the offroad shop at the dealership work on this. They worked with the dealership on ordering the parts lists, and their techs for the familiarity of the trucks. We knew it would be a lot different, but even ordering the new wiring and hoses that are listed on the part list with the 50G and they still didn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread