Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titan Fuel Tank.... For a HEMI!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Don't bother contacting Titan.. they have zero interest.
I am somewhat surprised they responded so I'll at least give them that.

1665495870195.png

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score

View attachment 45422
Thanks for posting that reply. This made me check out their sidekick. This may be a decent solution for my purposes. I’m pretty confident that at just about 10 mpg towing (some 1600 miles of it so far with a good mix of highway, backroads, hills, flats) I’ve comfortably got 275-300 miles of range on a full tank and we really try to limit towing to 225-250 miles at a time. Most of the time I should be fine. But planning for Murphy’s law - it would be good to have some spare capacity on board. I don’t think carrying a 5 gallon jug is a desirable option but this spare tank might be a good solution.

An aux tank won’t work for my bed and their spare tire tank is only for diesels at about 5X the cost.

I’m going to call them for specific measurements - I’ve got a Cargo-glide bed slide (thus no aux tank) and would need to know if I can install this tank without it affecting the bed slide. If so - at sub $400 (including the rechargeable electric transfer pump/hose) that might be a good value for some range safety/peace of mind….

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
I’d prefer a replacement tank and keep my bed space but has anybody looked into this? aux tank works with a pump since you can’t gravity feed gas……

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I’d prefer a replacement tank and keep my bed space but has anybody looked into this? aux tank works with a pump since you can’t gravity feed gas……

Couple of folks over in FB land have a similar set up with a small pump at the top to pump fuel into the tank.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that reply. This made me check out their sidekick. This may be a decent solution for my purposes. I’m pretty confident that at just about 10 mpg towing (some 1600 miles of it so far with a good mix of highway, backroads, hills, flats) I’ve comfortably got 275-300 miles of range on a full tank and we really try to limit towing to 225-250 miles at a time. Most of the time I should be fine. But planning for Murphy’s law - it would be good to have some spare capacity on board. I don’t think carrying a 5 gallon jug is a desirable option but this spare tank might be a good solution.

An aux tank won’t work for my bed and their spare tire tank is only for diesels at about 5X the cost.

I’m going to call them for specific measurements - I’ve got a Cargo-glide bed slide (thus no aux tank) and would need to know if I can install this tank without it affecting the bed slide. If so - at sub $400 (including the rechargeable electric transfer pump/hose) that might be a good value for some range safety/peace of mind….
Well no go. Titan was kind enough to send the specific dimensions and the width of it just won’t work with the bed slide. Off by a few inches. Titan does have a USB rechargeable tank pump that *might* work with another container which I may bracket inside the bed slide on a corner. A 10.5 gallon tank would be like a 12x12 footprint so I’d lose some but not a ton of space on the slide. We’ll see…not sure I really want to do that. The Titan Sidekick would otherwise be a GREAT solution to safely carry an additional 15 gallons of gas for your Hemi.

tla90

Reaction score

View attachment 45422
That's a BS response because they make them for F150s, but just call them diesel tanks. They should just write, "Because we don't want to". I believe they also make them for GM 1500s and Tundras as well, but they aren't listed on the website anymore. TransferFlow is able to make them just fine for other trucks. Everything is there to easily mount up their existing diesel tank except the third port, which looked to be a return/vent line molded into the factory tank. If there is a sending unit that has all three and fits, it'll work. Only other think is an additional vent line at the front of the tank, but that can be added and spliced pretty easily.

Due to being busy with work, I still have the Titan tank I was going to swap at my house. If someone knows a sending unit that'll work, I'll try it again. Don't have time to do the research

Tater86

Reaction score
So we proved out that it wasn't able to be added to the short bed versions, but does anyone know if you can add it to the long bed versions? For 2023, they removed that option for the 2500's.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Just saw this pop up on my feed from Transferflow
Yeah... still a little salty about Titian's response about an in-bed tank and willingness to make a larger replacement tank.

1680707243005.png

Last edited:

ThatAlbertaGuy

Reaction score
Hi everyone , been awhile , but I just an email from transfer flow saying they have received enough interest for a tank for the Ram they are considering making one and asked me to fill out a survey if I was still interested. So check your email / junk email if you have filled out a request form in the past . Fingers crossed this could happen soon .

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Got mine today as well, stoked they are finally looking into this!!!!!!

Check your mail fellas and if you haven’t already, send Transferflow a request.

Should we start a TF thread?
EDIT: new thread posted

Last edited:

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
I never bothered with a submission before, but just sent one in. :fingers crossed:

Edit:
Ha I lied, i had the survey in my inbox. Submitted feedback, it's silly i'm so excited over this. Though it my delay my pro charger a bit longer, lol

Last edited:

BadKarma

Reaction score
There’s a used 6.4 at Autonation north Phoenix that has one.

Users who are viewing this thread