Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titan Fuel Tank.... For a HEMI!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Anyone find a solution?

Unless @jsalbre got an update from Titan, AUX tank in the bed is still the only option.
I seen some talk about using the newer 50 gallon tank, but doesn't appear any has pulled the trigger to find out if it works.

Squatch

Reaction score
Unless @jsalbre got an update from Titan, AUX tank in the bed is still the only option.
I seen some talk about using the newer 50 gallon tank, but doesn't appear any has pulled the trigger to find out if it works.
I would, just can’t seem to find it actually in stock anywhere, is it 48 gallon?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I would, just can’t seem to find it actually in stock anywhere, is it 48 gallon?
Allegedly 50 gallons and only for the Long Bed.
I don't think anyone has been able to figure out a P/N for the 50 gallon tank... likely need to find someone who has one and can get the # off the tank.

Last edited:

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
Drove about 299 miles this weekend to the off road park pulling a 20' trailer with a 4 wheeler and my Rover. I needed about approximately 34 gallons of gas so I had to stop and get fuel on the way back home. I couldn't even make it there and back on a full tank which is a bummer. I really like my truck and my buddy's Cummins did not get that much better mileage than me with a lighter load so I could live with the mileage if I just had a larger capacity tank.

steeter2

Reaction score

Pronto

Reaction score
Drove about 299 miles this weekend to the off road park pulling a 20' trailer with a 4 wheeler and my Rover. I needed about approximately 34 gallons of gas so I had to stop and get fuel on the way back home. I couldn't even make it there and back on a full tank which is a bummer. I really like my truck and my buddy's Cummins did not get that much better mileage than me with a lighter load so I could live with the mileage if I just had a larger capacity tank.

Gas tank size is definitely the worst thing about my truck and whatever is second has been lapped. I'm getting ready to tow the boat on a road trip. Doing my trip planning makes me realize even more how bad it really sucks. Whoever decided this should be the one and only gas tank size sucks at their job.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Someone snapped this pic of their tank... build sheet says 41 gallon though...
68379699AA superseded by p/n 68379725AD

1617670841123.png

Last edited:

Torinreality

Reaction score

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
There are a few Australian companies that make long-range tanks for the Rams...that might be the opportunity discussed previously. A few links:

Probably expensive to ship.
Personally I installed an Aeromotive aluminum tank where the spare wheel was. Was a fair bit of work, but works OK.
Yes, likely expensive to ship, but also these are specifically for the 1500... would they even fit on the 2500?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
So, I'm guessing Titan is out...

I did see that TransferFlow has a Suggest New Product page... I sent them a note, maybe if they get enough intertest, it could happen...

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Oh, I am so sorry and would be happy to delete to keep the thread on topic. My mind automatically thinks of the Titan spare tire tank when I wee the name.

I don't see why... some people may be happy to use the spare tire tank in lieu of waiting (possible forever) for a replacement tank.
Honestly, I may just put a tank in the bed and put a small fuel pump on it to feed into the tank... I'd rather not lose the space, but it is what it is....

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I don't have any space to lose since my Four Wheel Camper Grandby is being mounted in my bed.

Tough place to be... wait for *someone* to make a larger aftermarket replacement gasoline tank or lose your spare....

tla90

Reaction score
I currently have a 2500 HD with the 6.0 gasser. It had a Titan 52 gallon replacement diesel tank in it when I bought the truck. Uses almost everything that came on the truck from the factory (pump/sending unit, EVAP canister, vent hoses). Had some issue that I was able to resolve after I got it home.

1) Rubber fuel neck was clamped on oddly, which caused fuel to spill all over the ground when filling up. This was because gas filler hose is smaller than diesel tank neck. Installer just cut it, jammed it on, and put a hose clamp on it. Had to get an expander and make it two sections of hose (smaller to larger).
2) Vent hoses on top of tank were pinched, which made fuel spit back out every time I went to fill up. Had to go VERY slowly. I dropped the tank and put them in spaces where there was room. I still have to go slowly for the first gallon or two, but it is normal after that.
3) When it is filled to the brim, I can smell fuel for a little while. I just don't fill it up all of the way unless I am going on a long trip.
4) Fuel gauge is off. I can go 100 miles before it moves from full, and it'll be on empty 75 miles before it is empty. I am the only one who drives it, so I always know how much is in there.
5) Random EVAP codes. Usually no CEL associated with them, so I don't do anything. When CEL comes on, I reset it.

This truck is an 04. I am not sure when the tank was put in it, but I have owned it since 2014. Would I do it again....absolutely. The stock 32 or 34 gallon tank would've only allowed me to drive ~400 miles without filling up. I can now go 650. My usual trips are 300-500mi, so it is great. It's a shame they don't offer larger tanks from the factory. They'd sell like hotcakes

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Has anyone checked their local pick-a-part for a wrecked 3500 with a 50 gallon tank? Totally unlikely, but you never know. Most have online searches now to see what’s there.
Edit: I checked in Phoenix around me and there was 1 3500, but it was pretty well disassembled already.

BigJim

Reaction score
The 50 gallon tank is only on the 3500 cab chassis which has a 9 foot (it's really slightly longer) bed. That tank is mounted behind the rear axle, there isn't enough room on a regular 3500 for the tank to fit. I wish it would but that's what I've found out so far.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
The 50 gallon tank is only on the 3500 cab chassis which has a 9 foot (it's really slightly longer) bed. That tank is mounted behind the rear axle, there isn't enough room on a regular 3500 for the tank to fit. I wish it would but that's what I've found out so far.
And, of course, there’s the 2500s and 3500s with 8’ beds that are available with the 50 gallon midship tank.

BigJim

Reaction score
I've only found that to be for a diesel truck, so far not for the gas engine. No matter how many times I worked the build your ram site I soon as I click on the larger tank it switches me to the diesel engine. Grrrrrr

Phil T

Reaction score
At least it didn't switch you to electric only.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread