Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate Step

gman

Reaction score
I too have been looking for the bed step for my 2019 Ram 3500. I contacted AMP and they told me that they had just released it under part # 75324-01a. But since it is new, I couldn't find anyone stocking it. Will probably have to find a AMP dealer to place an order. The dodge dealer said they could order one, but the price was $335. The '18 and older ones were listed as $240 on many sites, so will wait a bit and see if I can find the '19 and newer one for less from the aftermarket sellers.

Last edited:

Cummins0867

Reaction score
I too have been looking for the bed step for my 2019 Ram 3500. I contacted AMP and they told me that they had just released it under part # 75324-01a. But since it is new, I couldn't find anyone stocking it. Will probably have to find a AMP dealer to place an order. The dodge dealer said they could order one, but the price was $335. The '18 and older ones were listed as $240 on many sites, so will wait a bit and see if I can find the '19 and newer one for less from the aftermarket sellers.
Many of the Ram dealers have coupons of 15% off on accessories on their web pages. I just ordered one (Mopar 82215842AC bed step) and used the 15% and paid $284.75 (15% off the 335). I like the factory one as it has the tab that sticks out that makes it easier to push down on so the step comes out easier.

slimchance

Reaction score
when i first looked at my trk i thought the bed step was the silliest thing i ever saw on a trk .... i now think it is the best tool on the trk ... they (FCA) should put this bed step on the front of the trk also so i can look inside and check the fluids (note, i am 5'8" short)

Silverbeard

Reaction score
I had the Bestop Trekstep on my 2017. It was easy to mount and easy to use. If Ram hadn’t offered one as an option, I would have gotten one for my 2019. I looked at their website and found the mounting instructions. It looks like it should bolt on without any messing around. Their site did have conflicting information about whether they had one for all models but the instructions listed for : 1500, 2500 and 3500.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
One close to windshield area to dry it off in dead center would have been good too. Might add myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
when i first looked at my trk i thought the bed step was the silliest thing i ever saw on a trk .... i now think it is the best tool on the trk ... they (FCA) should put this bed step on the front of the trk also so i can look inside and check the fluids

Indeed! Tis a wonderful gadget for us old farts. ;)

ahhhr

Reaction score
The OEM bed step is great.
Now I realize the torklift truck camper tie-downs cannot be installed with the step installed.
Hopefully the guys can figure out a way to make them work together.

tjm0800

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just purchased a 2019 Ram 3500 and am looking to find a good set of steps for the tailgate. Do you have any recommendations? I am old and vertically challenged, lol, and getting up and down from the bed is difficult and painful. Thank in advance for any and all comments. Have a great day.

v/r

WillView attachment 451
This is the orginal mopar part number for the stock step. Part Number: 82215842AE call your dealer to order it.

jay.duncan81

Reaction score
This is the orginal mopar part number for the stock step. Part Number: 82215842AE call your dealer to order it.

I heard these aren't shipping until 8/25/20, anyone found a dealer that is shipping them now, or is everyone still just taking orders?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Dealer still hasn't called me back to let me know if the part is in stock to replace...

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just purchased a 2019 Ram 3500 and am looking to find a good set of steps for the tailgate. Do you have any recommendations? I am old and vertically challenged, lol, and getting up and down from the bed is difficult and painful. Thank in advance for any and all comments. Have a great day.

v/r

WillView attachment 451
I've had this for at least 20 years...Just keep moving it from truck to truck. Has other uses to. Keeps people off your "6" , I guess they don't want the 'Moby Dick" treatment. Works as a tow hook/snatch-strap placement (multiple angles either through the holes or one big loop over the whole thing...and oh yeah, a step for the bed. https://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/182.htm

Gray Ghost

Reaction score
when i first looked at my trk i thought the bed step was the silliest thing i ever saw on a trk .... i now think it is the best tool on the trk ... they (FCA) should put this bed step on the front of the trk also so i can look inside and check the fluids (note, i am 5'8" short)
I did put traction tape on the tow hooks so I could stand on them. I agree with the pull out steps, that would be great. I guess I need to get a wheel step...

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I've had this for at least 20 years...Just keep moving it from truck to truck. Has other uses to. Keeps people off your "6" , I guess they don't want the 'Moby Dick" treatment. Works as a tow hook/snatch-strap placement (multiple angles either through the holes or one big loop over the whole thing...and oh yeah, a step for the bed. https://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/182.htm
The beaver is where it’s at!!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

I don't see it as being terribly useful to get in the bed when the tailgate is down... am I missing something?

lovegolf44

Reaction score
I don't see it as being terribly useful to get in the bed when the tailgate is down... am I missing something?
In viewing the pic from moshez333's post, looks like it'll work fine. It appears mounted far enough to the side where you can step from there and onto the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread