Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retirement

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
My park ranger buddy had a rattlesnake that would sit on a corner of his porch. It wasn't a pet snake. Damn thing scared me more than once. It was so used to us it didn't care if we were around and would just slither on by. It seemed to be curious about our activities.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I know what a rattler looks like for sure.
So far, I haven't seen any more snakes. Lots of other animal life around though which is awesome.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
My other issue right now is red/fire ants. Got some orange oil on order to take care of them.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I'm worried more about chemicals getting into my well water supply.
Orange oil is supposed to basically dissolve them. :)

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So our visitors came back again last night. They are crossing my driveway on the side of the house. Thinking about leaving them some treats. Can't hunt them.
20230716_202154.jpg20230716_202156.jpg

And we got a new visitor last night. Came out from under the front porch as we were enjoying the sunset. Big old Bullfrog.
20230716_210733.jpg

Doing a lot of front porch sitting at night.
20230716_204228.jpg20230716_211311.jpg

Riddick

Reaction score
You think about taking out a few of those trees directly in front of your porch? Would really help us who aren't there to get a better view :).

Drew M

Reaction score
Enjoy retirement Brother! It will take some time getting use to your new schedule. You'll slowly get over missing the Mess, it will remain good memories. The new chapter(s) will be more fun. You'll still say, "...hold my beer and watch this ****...". Sitting outside watching the sunrise will be just as enjoyable as watching the sunsets.

ppine

Reaction score
Cooper's hawk. Nevada is full of birds, especially in winter.
I live south of Carson City in the Valley. We had a sow and a cub in the driveway last year after the fires and bad drought. There are some cats around, lions and bobcats. We see wild horses all the time but few deer. They are mostly on the other side of the Valley. Antelope have re-appeared on the western slope of the Pine Nut Range. Bighorn sheep in the Virginia Range. We have a festival to celebrate Eagles and Agriculture each Feb. Bald eagles show up from all over to feed on calf placentas during calving season. Golden eagels mate over my house in the air. Owls hang out in the yard.

When people ask about Nevada, I just tell them it is mostly cactus and rocks. Happy Fall. Time for some campfires in the backyard and cooking in Dutch Ovens.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Cooper's hawk. Nevada is full of birds, especially in winter.
I live south of Carson City in the Valley. We had a sow and a cub in the driveway last year after the fires and bad drought. There are some cats around, lions and bobcats. We see wild horses all the time but few deer. They are mostly on the other side of the Valley. Antelope have re-appeared on the western slope of the Pine Nut Range. Bighorn sheep in the Virginia Range. We have a festival to celebrate Eagles and Agriculture each Feb. Bald eagles show up from all over to feed on calf placentas during calving season. Golden eagels mate over my house in the air. Owls hang out in the yard.

When people ask about Nevada, I just tell them it is mostly cactus and rocks. Happy Fall. Time for some campfires in the backyard and cooking in Dutch Ovens.
Sounds awesome. We saw a eagle on the road one day on our way home
Last week we did our normal spreading of bird seed around the front yard. Went and sat on the front porch and watched the show. At least 6 different species of birds. Over 50 birds total. All enjoying a meal. Best show around.
Had magpies in the front yard for the first time. Now we have a lot of sparrows that started showing up. And this week, the geese have returned to the pond.

Users who are viewing this thread