Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retirement

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I have plenty to do so I don't think I will get bored.

Want to do some landscaping around the house. grass, tress, flowers, gravel driveway, etc.
Put in a green house and garden
build the wife her "Sheshed"
Build a garage big enough to fit our trucks.
Build a 30X30 work shop for all my tools. I've basically got a full woodworking shop of tools and about a half a machine shop of tools.
Finish my 1955 Cushman custom build.

Plus I have quads to ride the local trails, guns to buy and shoot, fishing pond across the street to renew my fishing. Home brewing to start back up.

So don't think I will be bored. :cool:

We did close on the house last Thursday so the house is now officially ours.

ppine

Reaction score
Welcome to Nevada. I tell people it is mostly rocks and cactus. I live 1/2 hour from Lake Tahoe and have a backyard of one million acres of BLM land.
It is cattle country , so you will need several pairs of new boots. Genoa Cowboy Festival at the end of the month., Mark Twain Days in Carson City.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Filed my retirment papers on Friday. Wanted to do it on Saturday 1 April, but wasn't going to be in town.
Going up next week to get D/L and tags first the truck. Meet the old owners and go over the house. So ready to get out of here.
The field across the street from the house, the lease out to run cattle on. PO had horses.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Congratulations on your official retirement Crusty! Your new digs look awesome! Sounds like you already have some family there too. Unfortunately, I doubt I can get my wife to move out somewhere like that. I did convince her to buy a boat and take off cruising when we are both retired though. Not sure how I pulled that off.

I pulled the trigger on retirement just over a year ago. It is strange. I am not pulling any retirement money out yet. I have done some remote consulting work. It pays well if you want to interrupt your retirement for a short time :D Speaking of time, I never seem to have any. Even though things are not getting done as fast as I like.

It is funny I saw this today. My old company is going through an FDA audit today. My text messages and email has been pretty popular today.

popeye2002

Reaction score
Today is my last day of work. Doing my final checkout today.
Going on permanent vacation now. :cool:
I'm so Happy for you Shipmate! We took very similar paths, I retired Navy followed by DOD civil service 18 years for a total of 41 years. After working from home during Covid, my return to the office sucked so bad I took a hard look at our retirement savings and pulled the trigger last year. Having the best time of my life and I'm sure you will as well. Congrats my brother and Enjoy Your time off the water, you deserve it!!

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I'm so Happy for you Shipmate! We took very similar paths, I retired Navy followed by DOD civil service 18 years for a total of 41 years. After working from home during Covid, my return to the office sucked so bad I took a hard look at our retirement savings and pulled the trigger last year. Having the best time of my life and I'm sure you will as well. Congrats my brother and Enjoy Your time off the water, you deserve it!!
Thanks Brother.
43 years total for me.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Had a unwanted visitor on the front drive. Chopped him up with my shovel then buried him.
Something dug him up last night. So dug a deeper hole today.20230628_125712.jpg
index.php

Attachments

• 20230628_125714.jpg
    20230628_125714.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 116

ppine

Reaction score
Learn to live with snakes. Control your rodents and you won't see them around your house.

gimmie11s

Reaction score

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Haven't seen anymore snakes.
Had deer in the front yard staring at us for like 5 minutes. We were talking and had music on. Didn't seem to bother the deer.
Seems I have a major animal highway thru my back yard. There is a trail that starts about the end of my drive next to the house and goes up the hill of the back yard
Found a big pile of poop yesterday. Had been seeing some small poop here and there.
Yesterday I raked out the dirt trail. This moring I had all kinds of prints in the dirt.
Deer, rabbit, birds, possible bobcat and a few others.
Time to get a trail camera.
20230711_202731.jpg
index.php

Attachments

• 20230712_073107.jpg
    20230712_073107.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't already, learn to tell the difference between a Bull snake (assuming you have them) and Rattlers. Bull snakes should be left alone and will take care of any rodent problem and likely keep the rattlers away.

Users who are viewing this thread