Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retirement

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Even though the temp was around 30 degrees, it didn't feel all that cold as long as I was standing in the sunshine. Did get a bit cold if I stood too long in the shade.
Seems I spent most of my time outside looking at the views. IT WAS AWESOME.
Could even hear geese over in the pond across the street.
We are so ready to move out there. 4 more months.

unclelala

Reaction score
Its definetly the kinda a view I can picture a guy in a chair on the porch drinking his morning coffee and taking it all in ;)

Reactions: CFE

CFE

Reaction score
So went up to the new house for inspections a few weeks ago. Found a big issue with the septic system, but he's fixing it.

Here's a nice view of the Sierra Nevadas from sitting on the front porch.

View attachment 52381

Standing on the south east corner of the lot looking north.

View attachment 52382

Standing on the same corner looking east. basically the view from my back yard.

View attachment 52383
Outstanding view - brings back memories/chills of USMC Mountain Survival Course up at Bridgeport.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Yep, when these idiots in Denver get done with us Colorado will make Callefornia look like political rookies.

I spend lots of time in Denver for work around 2018-2019. Being from CA, youre right.... Denver freaks told the CA freaks "hold my beer".

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Well with only 2 months into the new year, it's been a busy year so far with checking items off my retirement list.

1. Found a house in Reno and they accepted our offer
2. Put our house in Oxnard, Ca up for sale. Got a offer for more than asking price in less than 2 days on the market
3. Rented a furnished beach condo and moved in.
4. Got house packed out and moving company is now transporting it all to Reno.
5. Boss approved my 10 weeks of terminal leave. :) Gonna burn up all my sick leave so I can go early since they will not pay me out for it.
6. Closed on the Oxnard house yesterday so are now homeless. :p
7. Received proceeds from the sale. Was $5 K less than what my original goal was when we talked about selling the house. Was only $37.19 less of what I expected after we accepted their offer, even with a $500 credit we gave them. So a good day.

Time to relax for a bit.
Next item on my list
1. Close on Reno house by end of March
2. Submit my retirement package on April 1st. :cool:
3. Move household goods into the house by mid April.

Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Hope to close at the end of this month.
Owner is fixing a few things that were found during the inspection. Major one is the septic system. Seems it hadn't been pumped out in the 20 years they lived there. leach lines are all clogged and need to be replaced.

Fixed it for you.

ppine

Reaction score
Retirement is great, but it is not for everyone. You have to have interests and passions that make you want to get up and do something.
I have been retired fro 22 years, but now failing health is getting in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread