Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Start

Reaction score
Did you have the link to the instructions on how to install the KAOdTECH bypass cable ?
so I bought the bypass cable however the instructions say to connect the black and green white into 1 CAN block and white and green or all white into 2 CAN but the harness I have has blue/yellow lead and a pink/green lead. Do you know what leads to to which CAN block ?

Dan Carey

Reaction score
The one with the Black connector goes to the front block, that would the one closest to the fire wall. The White connector goes to the Block that is the double block closest to the light switch. The white connector has yellow and blue wires.

Dan Carey

Reaction score
The one with the Black connector goes to the front block, that would the one closest to the fire wall. The White connector goes to the Block that is the double block closest to the light switch. The white connector has yellow and blue wires.
Take a good look at the way the plugs lock into the block. There is a small tab on the side that can be cut off if you want to remove the by pass easily.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
The instructions suck as bad as their customer service who doesn’t respond to emails.

Anyways- use a razor to cut the tabs off it makes life much easier

Reaction score
Haha I’ve heard what tabs are you referring to the ones on the actual bypass harness that plugs into the CAN bus ? Do you know what colors plug into what ?

Reaction score
What model do you have? I haven’t seen a Ram with a trunk…lol :)
Man so I was able to solder the buttons on a program the truck. The trunk release works really good but when I press the button for the auto start it just beeps once and thats it.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Man so I was able to solder the buttons on a program the truck. The trunk release works really good but when I press the button for the auto start it just beeps once and thats it.

Did you turn on the remote start option and drive the truck 30mph? Then try it.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
how easy was it to disassemble the key fob? And what switch buttons did you use?

moparguy13

Reaction score
This may have already been covered, but I have my keys, and sales code updated and the programming done, but I have the hood ajar warning, anyone know what I need to do to bypass the hood latch?

Dan Carey

Reaction score

This has everything you ever wanted to know about Ram remote start.

Users who are viewing this thread