Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

stinson87

Reaction score
$68 for FOB programming, did my own codes with alphaodb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cool! so I can do the codes with my alpha, ill order the security bypass, anyone know what connectors that smaller 3 pin is, might make it myself.
Ill get the key on order. I already have the gas strut for the tailgate on order. should have kept mine from my 1500 :/

has anyone ordered the key that I guess is used? https://www.uhs-hardware.com/produc...-5-button-smart-key-pn-68374994ab-gq4-76t-oem

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
cool! so I can do the codes with my alpha, ill order the security bypass, anyone know what connectors that smaller 3 pin is, might make it myself.
Ill get the key on order. I already have the gas strut for the tailgate on order. should have kept mine from my 1500 :/

has anyone ordered the key that I guess is used? https://www.uhs-hardware.com/produc...-5-button-smart-key-pn-68374994ab-gq4-76t-oem

I would check around. AFTER I bought the carandtruckremotes key, I found one for about the same price at an actual MOPAR online dealer site.

Claude60

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for all there posts on the remote start procedure. I went to the local dealer this morning and got the new fob programed for only $58 . It works great with no issues. I had done all the changes I needed before I went with the ALFA OBD. The service writer told me that the remote I left at home wouldn't work after they flashed the new one but I tried it when I got home it worked also. The original dealership wanted 1350.00 to install remote start after I had purchased my Ram.

Sstiller

Reaction score
Hey guys need some help with this I was able to change the hood sensor to present but the horn and remote start just says no even after making changes in alphaobd. I have tried making the changes in different "key settings" (off, acc, run) then waiting 30 secs in the off position with door closed and then shutting down alphaobd to allow for any changes to be refreshed and no luck. What am I doing wrong? The hood senor I did with key in off position and took affect immediately.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hey guys need some help with this I was able to change the hood sensor to present but the horn and remote start just says no even after making changes in alphaobd. I have tried making the changes in different "key settings" (off, acc, run) then waiting 30 secs in the off position with door closed and then shutting down alphaobd to allow for any changes to be refreshed and no luck. What am I doing wrong? The hood senor I did with key in off position and took affect immediately.
How are you determining that the changes are not being made-ie, does it say procedure complete after clicking next?

Sstiller

Reaction score
How are you determining that the changes are not being made-ie, does it say procedure complete after clicking next?
It just goes back to first screen and says "no" when I did the hood it changed to "yes"

Sstiller

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 i was under the impression that when my truck lost weight that the security bypass cable was installed and at first glance I saw a new plug in the green block so I assumed that's what it was. I did just try to remove it to allow dealer to program key (in about 30 mins) I don't think I have one installed as I originally thought. But now I wonder why it let me change the hood sensor input

Jimmy07

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 i was under the impression that when my truck lost weight that the security bypass cable was installed and at first glance I saw a new plug in the green block so I assumed that's what it was. I did just try to remove it to allow dealer to program key (in about 30 mins) I don't think I have one installed as I originally thought. But now I wonder why it let me change the hood sensor input
What security bypass cable are you using?

Sstiller

Reaction score
I guess I'll find out at the dealer in a minute if they're able to program my key or not

Sstiller

Reaction score
Update they key program was no issue (so I'll be ordering the bypass cable) tailgate works no issue

Rikway

Reaction score
Just found this thread yesterday. I have a 2020 2500 Cummins. Went to dealer, bought fob for $170, paid 64 for programming and they added sales code for free. They wanted $700 for remote kit before I found this thread. So for $234, I now have remote start, and the remote tailgate works. Thanks a ton guys. Also, walk-in and only took dealer 32 min to complete.

scdaytona

Reaction score
Anyone have the hood latch and cable they are not using and willing to sell, let me know. Trying to just have to order the key fobs with the remote tailgate switch.

Bandit400

Reaction score
Anyone have the hood latch and cable they are not using and willing to sell, let me know. Trying to just have to order the key fobs with the remote tailgate switch.
I have a new hood latch, bulk wire, connector kit for both the hood latch and BCM pin. Also have, two new key fobs for remote start. PM me if interested and I can provide a package price for all you need :)

scdaytona

Reaction score
Hi : I would be interested in the latch, bulk wire, connector kit and BCM pin. If the remotes have the tailgate switch as well, I would be interested in those as well. Let me know cost with shipping to CT 06776.

Bandit400

Reaction score
Hi : I would be interested in the latch, bulk wire, connector kit and BCM pin. If the remotes have the tailgate switch as well, I would be interested in those as well. Let me know cost with shipping to CT 06776.
PM sent to you with details. Thanks.

Arthurw64

Reaction score
Yup, I was “that guy”.... should be good to go now (I’ve enabled the option, key gets programmed tomorrow). Thanks for the help!View attachment 10606
@Jimmy07
Yup, I was “that guy”.... should be good to go now (I’ve enabled the option, key gets programmed tomorrow). Thanks for the help!View attachment 10606
@Jimmy07
I hope you can help me. I've done the same as MrGood, but my hood ajar light is showing on my dash so my truck won't start when I try remote start. Any ideas? I have enabled remote start, enabled hood ajar, changed to 500 ohms, and enabled horn for remote start. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

Sstiller

Reaction score
@Jimmy07

@Jimmy07
I hope you can help me. I've done the same as MrGood, but my hood ajar light is showing on my dash so my truck won't start when I try remote start. Any ideas? I have enabled remote start, enabled hood ajar, changed to 500 ohms, and enabled horn for remote start. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance
500ohm? I think u have changed the wrong setting. (I almost did this) it should be input signal yes/no

Jimmy07

Reaction score
@Jimmy07

@Jimmy07

Thanks in advance
Use the 500 ohm setting if you straight up ground the pin 11 wire on bcm connector C1/A. Use 1k ohm setting if you are using the hood latch. Did you ground that wire, and if so, is it the correct one?

Users who are viewing this thread