Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

red

Reaction score
Maybe there's a manufacture cut off date thats causing the 2019 parts availability confusion. If your truck was made before this date, no parts are available. Just putting it out there....

Bocephus

Reaction score
Idk. My 19 I had built end of august It was near the end of that model year run

Nick

Reaction score
I spoke with Ram Cares yesterday, he stated there are no parts for a 19 yet . A late model 19 probably already switched to the 20 pump style . I Called my dealer because I have a 20 . They told me no parts till August or September. That is when I called Ram . He said a parts restriction 2 per week per dealer. He called my dealer and I have a inspection date then they can order the part . I just came back from a 4,700 mile trip , the truck ran flawlessly . I have friend with a 19 , 60k plus mostly towing 18 K 5 th wheel with the original pump . Point is.. Just drive it !

Wayne007

Reaction score
Well I got my '20 back today. Apparently the service advisor didn't understand the program for the recall. He told me I was getting filters, injectors, etc. All they replaced was the pump. I talked with the mechanic and he told me if you drive it in, you get a pump and that's it per the recall. He did drain the filters and said the diesel fluid looked good and there wasn't any water or glitter in it. He also said the new pump is a CP3.3 which is just an updated CP3, cast iron and heavy. They did do an oil change for free, so I'm happy. My filters are at 40% so I'll change them myself when they're due. I'm just happy I stuck it out and Ram stepped up. I can keep the truck I love.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I spoke with Ram Cares yesterday, he stated there are no parts for a 19 yet . A late model 19 probably already switched to the 20 pump style . I Called my dealer because I have a 20 . They told me no parts till August or September. That is when I called Ram . He said a parts restriction 2 per week per dealer. He called my dealer and I have a inspection date then they can order the part . I just came back from a 4,700 mile trip , the truck ran flawlessly . I have friend with a 19 , 60k plus mostly towing 18 K 5 th wheel with the original pump . Point is.. Just drive it !

That doesn't make any sense.

The 19-20 trucks used the CP4.2 Asymmetrical cam, my 2020 has one, every 2019 has one.

Mid 2020 they switched to using used the Symmetrical cam CP4.2.

"2 per week per dealer" isn't even accurate, it's different based on dealer size and how many techs/bays they have.

So much misinformation in there.

Nick

Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense.

The 19-20 trucks used the CP4.2 Asymmetrical cam, my 2020 has one, every 2019 has one.

Mid 2020 they switched to using used the Symmetrical cam CP4.2.

"2 per week per dealer" isn't even accurate, it's different based on dealer size and how many techs/bays they have.

So much misinformation in there.
I was just conveying the information given to me by the individual I spoke with at Ram Cares . Don't shoot the messenger .

MikeXM

Reaction score
Left the truck at the stealership for the CP4 recall today. They called in the afternoon to say it was ready. When I went to pick it up, they said "we did all the recalls, except the pump"... WTF... I had the truck in for that specific recall!

He said they just inspected the pump and ordered the parts. I asked when, then? He said: we have no date and there are several other guys in front of me... They will be done in order received.

Why didn't they said that when I got the appointment? Or even this morning when I dropped it for THAT specific recall?

I'm livid. :mad:

mr_mbuna

Reaction score
Wow what dealer? I use Stoneridge in Pleasanton, a big well known dealer and they didn't even have a list. I'm #1 lol
I just called Stoneridge and they said they now have a waitlist that is at least a month long.

Nick

Reaction score
The deal is you have to bring it in prior to odering the parts for inspection . After they confirm then they order the parts . That is how it was explained to me . Going Friday for inspection .

Razzman

Reaction score
The deal is you have to bring it in prior to odering the parts for inspection . After they confirm then they order the parts . That is how it was explained to me . Going Friday for inspection .
A lot of dealers are bypassing this step, mine did. They asked if it was running / drivable and if it is they order the parts.

Phil T

Reaction score
I just received a reply from RamCares.

Hi Phil,
We understand the frustration. Unfortunately, with parts being constrained at this time, we've had to release the fix for this recall in waves. Given this, we anticipate the fix to become available for 2019 model vehicles in September. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

KBob

Reaction score
A lot of dealers are bypassing this step, mine did. They asked if it was running / drivable and if it is they order the parts.
From a dealer stand point, it saves them having to check the truck in and all that mess. Makes sense to just get the pump ordered, and move on. I always thought the "engine number" thing was some kind of a smoke screen.
When I called the customer service number, they called the dealer. Dealer said they Checked for Leaks, and or unusual noise coming from the pump. Once it passed that test, they ordered Only the pump for my truck. Then "IF" when they take it apart, they find glitter, then and only then will they order the fuel system part of the recall, and the truck would be Down while I waited for the parts.
Kinda sucks to not have a few fuel systems on the shelf, and maybe at some point they will, but this is what I was told.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I just received a reply from RamCares.

Hi Phil,
We understand the frustration. Unfortunately, with parts being constrained at this time, we've had to release the fix for this recall in waves. Given this, we anticipate the fix to become available for 2019 model vehicles in September. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.
How a** backwards and stupid…. The Canadian version of ram cares says its available but all dealers are saying no

MikeXM

Reaction score
It's also backwards and stupid to start with 2020 and then work on 2019 later.
I can't make sense of that. Wouldn't the 2019 be "closer" to a potential failure? I find it stupid and I do have a 2020! :rolleyes:
Unless there is something we don't know about the 2020? More prone to failure? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread