Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

jkempken

Reaction score
Mine goes in tonight 6/2/2022 for the Y78 Recall. Dealer will have it until next Friday 6/10/2022 when I get back from my fishing trip.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Picked mine up today. It is running much quieter. I was number 2 at the dealer.

Mine goes in the morning (Friday June 3), was originally told I was #3 when it went in for inspection May11.

Dropped my car off their tonight as I have my Grandson tomorrow and don't want to dink around with car seats or worry about a loaner since I never asked when the appt was made.

Phil T

Reaction score
Mine goes in the morning (Friday June 3), was originally told I was #3 when it went in for inspection May11.

Dropped my car off their tonight as I have my Grandson tomorrow and don't want to dink around with car seats or worry about a loaner since I never asked when the appt was made.
Why are the 2019 owners being pushed back to September? Is yours a 2019 or 2020?

Millmutt

Reaction score

My inspection was on 5/23, I was told there was 22 ahead of me. 2020 SO runs fine.

Dawn Russo

Reaction score
I recieved this recall for my 2020 Ram 3500. My dealership and FCA are telling me that they will inspect the fuel pump and if it passes, it will not be replaced. Is this true?

Dawn Russo

Reaction score
Mine goes in tonight 6/2/2022 for the Y78 Recall. Dealer will have it until next Friday 6/10/2022 when I get back from my fishing trip.
I've been trying to get mine in for a couple of weeks. Every dealership around me is only working on non running trucks. I finally found a dealership over an hour away that can do the inspection. Fingers crossed that it passes because if not, it might be a few months before I can get it fixed

Dawn Russo

Reaction score

We finally found a dealership a little over an hour away that can do the inspection. Now fingers crossed that it passes inspection so I don't have to worry about getting a new pump.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I recieved this recall for my 2020 Ram 3500. My dealership and FCA are telling me that they will inspect the fuel pump and if it passes, it will not be replaced. Is this true?
Nope all pumps are getting replaced, if it fails the inspection it also gets injectors, filters, tank, lift pump, and a bunch of other parts

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
We finally found a dealership a little over an hour away that can do the inspection. Now fingers crossed that it passes inspection so I don't have to worry about getting a new pump.

As I stated on 5thgenrams, all trucks get a new pump as part of this recall.

You don't want to keep the CP4 in there.

Cseybert

Reaction score
Why are the 2019 owners being pushed back to September? Is yours a 2019 or 2020?
I’ll give you my two cents. I had a 2500 2019 sold it. Got the new 3500. The bean counters are thinking like bean counters the 19s are older and probably being sold being traded being wrecked. So the longer they wait to do the 19s the less there are to do makes sense. If you were bean counter. JMO.

Dawn Russo

Reaction score
Nope all pumps are getting replaced, if it fails the inspection it also gets injectors, filters, tank, lift pump, and a bunch of other parts
Thank you. I called FCA again today and they are still giving me wrong info. I did call another dealership and I was told it will be replaced.

Dawn Russo

Reaction score
As I stated on 5thgenrams, all trucks get a new pump as part of this recall.

You don't want to keep the CP4 in there.
Thank you for the information. FCA is still telling me otherwise. I don't know why their employees are giving customers the wrong information but sadly, its not the first time. Thank you again for your help

BigWorm

Reaction score
I’ll give you my two cents. I had a 2500 2019 sold it. Got the new 3500. The bean counters are thinking like bean counters the 19s are older and probably being sold being traded being wrecked. So the longer they wait to do the 19s the less there are to do makes sense. If you were bean counter. JMO.
Who knows what's going on. I took my 19 2500 in 2 weeks ago for them to look at the engine data plate so they could get parts ordered. They just called me up & said parts are in so my truck goes in next Tuesday to get pump replaced. For reference, my 2019 was built in July 2019.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Who knows what's going on. I took my 19 2500 in 2 weeks ago for them to look at the engine data plate so they could get parts ordered. They just called me up & said parts are in so my truck goes in next Tuesday to get pump replaced. For reference, my 2019 was built in July 2019.
My 19 was built in july aswell my dealer ordered parts my truck went in and they called me 1hr later saying it cant be done yet

MEGA HO

Reaction score
My 19 was built in july aswell my dealer ordered parts my truck went in and they called me 1hr later saying it cant be done yet
WTH?? Did they say why? Because it's 19??

Anyone with 19s has this recall done already?

MEGA HO

Reaction score
This only makes sense when 19s are getting wrecked and I doubt 19s are getting wrecked any faster than 20s. Those being sold or traded will still need to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread