Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

72guy

Reaction score
At the minimum, I would think that they would inspect the screen of the fuel pressure regulator. If they don’t, I want to inspect it myself.
Edit: Just read a GM Service Bulletin for suspected pump issues. The first step is to inspect the regulator for metallic debris. If metal is found then it leads you into a 20 hour procedure for fuel system repair and replacement. The bulletin was from 2014 but I imagine most of it would still apply today.
1637320094749.png

Last edited:

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Greetings,
Ram has issued a new Recall (Y78), for 2019-2020 heavy duty trucks. The remedy is a new High Pressure Fuel Pump along with a Powertrain Control Module software update. Once the necessary parts are available, we'll sure to follow up with additional information.

Rob
Ram Cares

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Checked mine again the recall is there now so now we wait…..
Posted in another thread... (and this may be commonly known information)

Used the Mopar lookup and found Y78 recall for my rig. I then called Recall Assistance this morning and they told me that parts will be available in January 2022.

KBob

Reaction score
Greetings,
Ram has issued a new Recall (Y78), for 2019-2020 heavy duty trucks. The remedy is a new High Pressure Fuel Pump along with a Powertrain Control Module software update. Once the necessary parts are available, we'll sure to follow up with additional information.

Rob
Ram Cares
Thanks Rob. Good to hear it from the source.

clawdog79

Reaction score
Of course! We are happy to help.

Rob
Ram Cares

Hi Rob @RamCares,

Do you know if those of us that had a CP3 conversion performed to avoid the potential consequences of a CP4 failure will be reimbursed? I see that there is a link to submit receipts for reimbursement on the recall page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hi Rob @RamCares,

Do you know if those of us that had a CP3 conversion performed to avoid the potential consequences of a CP4 failure will be reimbursed? I see that there is a link to submit receipts for reimbursement on the recall page.

Hi @clawdog79 ,
We suggest saving all your documentations and visiting www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online. You can also mail your original receipts and proof of payment to the following mailing address:
FCA US Customer Assistance
P.O.Box 21-8004, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007
ATTN: Recall Reimbursement.

This will not guarantee you any certain outcome.

Rob
Ram Cares

clawdog79

Reaction score
Hi @clawdog79 ,
We suggest saving all your documentations and visiting www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online. You can also mail your original receipts and proof of payment to the following mailing address:

Rob
Ram Cares

Thank you Rob

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi @clawdog79 ,

Rob
Ram Cares

You are right. I submitted documentation to fix the death wobble steering on my 2004 2500 twice and never received a single communications response, denial, or reimbursement.

Burton12387

Reaction score
[mention]RamCares [/mention] now that the recall information is public, could you share with the group what pump they are planning on replacing the cp4 with on the affected trucks?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
[mention]RamCares [/mention] now that the recall information is public, could you share with the group what pump they are planning on replacing the cp4 with on the affected trucks?

Post #230:

Users who are viewing this thread