Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Reaction score
Yeah, I just did an online build of a 2023 2500 Longhorn Diesel with identical options to the 2022 I had ordered a year and a half ago, and the MSRP has gone from $73K to $86K, a $13,000 difference! Shocking. It's the same truck as the 2022. I paid $67K and the MSRP at the time I ordered was $73K, increasing to $75K by the time I took delivery 4 months later in November 2021. Inflation is worse than I thought!
Inflation may account for some of it, but the lions share is Stellantis making record seeing income.

Inflation for 2022 was 6.5%. The difference in MSRP you started is 17.8%. So, 63.4% of that 13k increase went straight into Stellantis' bank.

You can read more on their record seeing quarter if you're interested: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/03/jee...uarter-revenue-jump-as-chip-supply-eases.html

Fred_Cage

Reaction score
As much as I love the Rams, I may have to jump ship and go Chevy. In a close a possible apples to apples build, the Silverado was close to 10k less than the ram, and usually still had more options. I can get an LTZ for the price of a Bighorn with options not available until you hit Limited....

Clayinfl

Reaction score
I purchased my 2023 Laramie on 06/19. The MSRP was $81,530. Their advertised “retail “ price was $86,030. I paid $76,414. A little more than 5k under MSRP. It was one of the only three trucks close to the configuration I was looking for in Florida. It had been on the Lot 68 days.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I purchased my 2023 Laramie on 06/19. The MSRP was $81,530. Their advertised “retail “ price was $86,030. I paid $76,414. A little more than 5k under MSRP. It was one of the only three trucks close to the configuration I was looking for in Florida. It had been on the Lot 68 days.
Your 6.3% off MSRP is approx the dealer's invoice. If the dealer gave you a copy of their Order POC you would know for sure.

WXman

Reaction score

Clayinfl

Reaction score
I searched earlier for it on their site, and couldn’t find it, but your link definitely does! That’s pretty funny.

Last edited:

Scherm

Reaction score
I did not order my truck from Mark Dodge out of Lake Charles/LA, but I think their rep @AnthonyRI is the best rep I ever came across. Even though I did not go through his dealer or him, he has been extremely helpful. I have waited a long time for my 2023 and I may eventually cancel it and go for a 2024. Even though prices have increased for 2024, the Mark Dodge pricing is better than my 2023 deal and they deliver. I like this organization!

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to possibly purchase a new 2022 2500 Longhorn MegaCab for 17% below MSRP. Because the truck has been sitting on the lot for nearly a year, does that hurt the engine or any other mechanical parts?

I currently have a 2500 Laramie with the 6.4 Hemi on order with the Mountain Brown interior. I was able to get 10% off the MSRP. The truck was built over two months ago but has been sitting at the Saltillo plant with no scheduled shipping date. I prefer the Hemi over the Cummins because I don’t plan on towing anything. However, I‘m not opposed to the Cummins.

I would be totally happy with either truck. I would appreciate any feedback you may have on the Longhorn, considering it has been sitting so long.

b307a1

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to possibly purchase a new 2022 2500 Longhorn MegaCab for 17% below MSRP. Because the truck has been sitting on the lot for nearly a year, does that hurt the engine or any other mechanical parts?

I currently have a 2500 Laramie with the 6.4 Hemi on order with the Mountain Brown interior. I was able to get 10% off the MSRP. The truck was built over two months ago but has been sitting at the Saltillo plant with no scheduled shipping date. I prefer the Hemi over the Cummins because I don’t plan on towing anything. However, I‘m not opposed to the Cummins.

I would be totally happy with either truck. I would appreciate any feedback you may have on the Longhorn, considering it has been sitting so long.
Don't get sucked in by the sale price. Although there is nothing like a cummins these current ones need to be run hard and hot and from the sound of things you are not going to do that. The increased cost of running the diesel (DEF, increased maintenance, diesel fuel will eat up the savings of the reduced sale price.

Ride it out, your truck will get here and it will be exactly what you wanted while eliminating any possible buyers remorse.

Last edited:

sn_85

Reaction score
Don't get sucked in by the sale price. Although there is nothing like a cummins these current ones need to be run hard and hot and from the sound of things you are not going to do that. The increased cost of running the diesel (DEF, increased maintenance, diesel fuel will eat up the savings of the reduced sale price.

Ride it out, your truck will get here and it will be exactly what you wanted while eliminating any possible buyers remorse.

Sometimes the best truck is the one you already have!!!

Reaction score

I hear what you’re saying about the Cummins. However, there are several people on this forum, who use their diesel as a daily driver and don’t tow, that haven’t had any issues with their Cummins. I do agree that if I wait it out, I’ll have the vehicle I exactly want without buyers remorse. As Tom Petty said, “the waiting is the hardest part”.

John Jensen

Reaction score
When you are spending that much money you should get what you want and ignore the reasons not to. That's what I did.

jmeyer94

Reaction score
I’m sure it’s just the sales talk, but he assured me that at their cost they would lose $2,100 selling me the truck at this price. If this is really the best price around....now I just have to determine how to get it back to Texas as I don’t want to drive it 24hours back to DFW...and what the process of registering and paying taxes on a vehicle bought out of state would be as this would be the first time I purchased a vehicle out of state. Any guidance or advice in this area is appreciated.
I purchased my new truck in Louisiana and live in FL. No issues going to the DMV and registering the new vehicle. Dealer will give you all the paperwork that you need to get it registered. I elected for the dealer to not withhold taxes and get the tag for me. I did it myself.

jmeyer94

Reaction score
I did not order my truck from Mark Dodge out of Lake Charles/LA, but I think their rep @AnthonyRI is the best rep I ever came across. Even though I did not go through his dealer or him, he has been extremely helpful. I have waited a long time for my 2023 and I may eventually cancel it and go for a 2024. Even though prices have increased for 2024, the Mark Dodge pricing is better than my 2023 deal and they deliver. I like this organization!
I grew up in Lake Charles!

jmeyer94

Reaction score
2023 RAM 2500 Laramie crew cab 4x4 Cummins, Pearl White, leather trim seats, Towing Tech Group, Safety Group, Protection Group, Chrome bumpers, Laramie Level F Group, anti-spin diff, Cummins, 20 inch polished wheels
MSRP $88,270 Got $9,280 off sticker which included a $1,750 Ram rebate.

Users who are viewing this thread