Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

John Jensen

Reaction score
2023 RAM 2500 Laramie crew cab 4x4 Cummins, Pearl White, leather trim seats, Towing Tech Group, Safety Group, Protection Group, Chrome bumpers, Laramie Level F Group, anti-spin diff, Cummins, 20 inch polished wheels
MSRP $88,270 Got $9,280 off sticker which included a $1,750 Ram rebate.
Nice truck.
You can't count the Ram rebate as a dealer discount because you own it. Your actual dealer discount is $7530.00 or 8.3%. I believe you bought the truck at the dealer's invoice price less some, maybe half, of the hold back. In today's market, you did good. If they gave you a copy of their POC you would know for sure.

DrDanteIII

Reaction score
in NJ I I took advantage of this:
1689621315963.png

NEW 2022 leftover 2500 big horn 6.4 (Level C/ Night/ Snow chief)
MSRP $68,585
Ram 20% off of 2022 discount: -$13,717
Added side steps +$1045
Additional discount for side steps -$ 520

Sales price before Tax/Title/Tags: $55,393

John Jensen

Reaction score
View attachment 59733

MSRP $68,585
Added side steps +$1045

That's a great deal. Best I've seen in a long time. Congrats

Alligator John

Reaction score
That is a great deal. The new 2022 Cherokee I bought off the lot for my wife last week came out to the same discount and I was able to get them to take off most of the add on "protection package". You can find some deals with the right timing on the previous year model If your not tied to a particular build or lucky to find one still on the lot with the features you want.

Groove1797

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone!

This is my first post on the site and unfortunately it's not because of a new truck (currently have a 20' Rebel 1500). After some searching, I have not found a trustworthy dealer in CO. I have purchased vehicles through the affiliate program before and it really should not be hard. We get the factory invoice, the pricing and then stack the discounts. The four, that's right four, dealerships in Denver area are refusing to show the factory invoice. I even sat with a manager and did a conference call with a rep from the program... Still did not hand it over. Does anyone know of a dealership in CO that is not just awful?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone!

This is my first post on the site and unfortunately it's not because of a new truck (currently have a 20' Rebel 1500). After some searching, I have not found a trustworthy dealer in CO. I have purchased vehicles through the affiliate program before and it really should not be hard. We get the factory invoice, the pricing and then stack the discounts. The four, that's right four, dealerships in Denver area are refusing to show the factory invoice. I even sat with a manager and did a conference call with a rep from the program... Still did not hand it over. Does anyone know of a dealership in CO that is not just awful?

I did my 2020 factory order through Dave Maestas at AN Arapahoe. 4% under invoice.

b307a1

Reaction score
Right now in the northeast sales zone it's 20% off msrp on 2500 crew cabs for everyone. The sale ends tomorrow.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
took a look at the builds and it'll take a specific individual to buy them as all three are "base" Laramie mega cabs without the extra Level A or B packages. One plus would be someone could get into a Laramie cheaper as the rebates appear to apply to anyone.

The 20% off 2022 2500 HDs was for crew cabs that dealers were offering - which surprisingly there are quite a few out there nationwide. Like over 1700 crew cab 2022 2500s. "Only" 150 mega cab 2500s but both numbers seem pretty high when we are only a few months away from the 2024s hitting the lots. If either of those were something I was interested in I'd definitely come in at the 20% off mark as a place to start - which would be $16k off.

Market has definitely changed from this time last year.

jebruns

Reaction score
A person never knows until they inquire, setting on the couch in doubt often leave one without.
True. But you should be able to find out up front or with a phone call what the rebates involve. Like active military, fire fighter, educator, etc.

jebruns

Reaction score
Market has definitely changed from this time last year.
We all knew it would. That pandemic vehicle market was (hopefully) a once in a lifetime phenomena. Worked out very well for me, but I'm sure a lot of buyers are finding they are badly upside down.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
We all knew it would. That pandemic vehicle market was (hopefully) a once in a lifetime phenomena. Worked out very well for me, but I'm sure a lot of buyers are finding they are badly upside down.

yep - anyone that bought new from Mark Dodge/Granger/etc in 2021/2022 and sold their existing truck at the inflated used prices came out ahead for sure. Anybody that bought at sticker or above and didn't offset that with trading/selling one in is probably in a world of hurt now for sure

CJ99X

Reaction score
True. But you should be able to find out up front or with a phone call what the rebates involve. Like active military, fire fighter, educator, etc.
Isn't that inquiring? The websites usually tell you what incentives you qualify for and if they don't the I believe trade laws require them to disclose what the qualifications require. When I made my deal at any dealer I called worked the deal on the phone and then went to the lot, test drove and closed. I thought that is how all people bought vehicles? Maybe I am wrong but I have never seen dealers knocking on people's doors and leaving vehicles in the driveways to make sales. But it may come to that.

BilletWilson

Reaction score
I purchased a 23 Ram 3500 Limited Mega Cab loaded with a MSRP at $110,545. I negotiated a $11,054 dealer discount. The night before picking it up I was on Rams website to familiarize myself with the latest features and received a $1,000 bonus cash for a total of $12,054 off MSRP.

Redfour5

Reaction score
View attachment 59733

MSRP $68,585
Added side steps +$1045

You stole it. Rate? I got 3.24% Feb 2022...1K below MSRP... And I got a deal at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread