Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Wagons On Order

IowaPW

Reaction score
I've got an L3 on order with - White - Tow Package, Safety Package, Bed Package and the Aux backup camera for the mirror. I ordered on January 12th.

Other models that have the Camera package and Safety Package are getting built. But according to the sequencing spreadsheet no Power Wagons have been built in the last 2.5 weeks (though the spreadsheet isn't updated for last week). I suspect there is a PW part shortage but with people getting build dates perhaps they know when the parts are arriving.

There was a local PW in transit that was identical to the one I have on ordered. But when I called they said they were going on an old build date and the build got pushed back to D status and wasn't actually in transit. I'm somewhat happy to see this because this was ordered after mine and I was wondering why/how it got built before mine.

They even took it off their website but I found it on ramtruck.ca https://www.ramtruck.ca/en/windowsticker/3c6tr5ej7ng287803?&campaign=&affiliate=
Identical to mine but with the vsim and backup alarm. If this ships before mine I might cancel and get this one. But I'll be paying a higher sticker price than what I ordered back in January so we will see.
If it is in transit, it's KZd to the dealer.

JeepingNet

Reaction score
With the month-end here I decided to group by trim you can see how the PW numbers are down for March while other trims were fine. And those two PW builds were both at the start of the month.

Most of the trims have a healthy not built to monthly build ratio of about 1.7 but you can see the PW has a fairly large build to avg build number which means PW are backlogged.

I did check and of the Laramie and Limited's built within March most had a sunroof, camera and safety packages.
Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 5.46.39 PM.png

By Engine doesn't seem affected
Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 5.38.21 PM.png

Last edited:

BigSexy 64

Reaction score
Sounds like a longer wait for my L3 PW! I wonder how much more the price will go up before its delivered. I saw where the base price had increased a lil over 2 grand since my order. I emailed my dealer to make sure I would still be paying the invoice price from when I ordered he said "I'll work it out" not sure what that means.

Andersen24

Reaction score
With the month-end here I decided to group by trim you can see how the PW numbers are down for March while other trims were fine. And those two PW builds were both at the start of the month.

Most of the trims have a healthy not built to monthly build ratio of about 1.7 but you can see the PW has a fairly large build to avg build number which means PW are backlogged.

I did check and of the Laramie and Limited's built within March most had a sunroof, camera and safety packages.
View attachment 35043

By Engine doesn't seem affected
View attachment 35042
I'm curious how the build numbers compare percentage wise to the order numbers for each trim level.

JeepingNet

Reaction score
I'm curious how the build numbers compare percentage wise to the order numbers for each trim level.
That is what the backlog ratio number is taking into consideration. Since the PW isn't ordered as much it makes sense less are built. The backlog of built to requested is higher than all over trims... It is actually more than double at the moment.

In theory, those numbers are saying you'd wait twice as long for a PW but that isn't really true because the deviation in the monthly PW order is too variant to make any real predictions.

What might not be clear in that chart is below March the line is not built orders (aka the backlog).
Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 6.43.21 PM.png

Last edited:

RHINO69

Reaction score
Sounds like a longer wait for my L3 PW! I wonder how much more the price will go up before its delivered. I saw where the base price had increased a lil over 2 grand since my order. I emailed my dealer to make sure I would still be paying the invoice price from when I ordered he said "I'll work it out" not sure what that means.
which dealer did you order through?

EdgyCanuck

Reaction score
I ordered my Level 3 with bed utility group, olive green CANADIAN order 12/29/21, I received the vin about a month after. When I was ordering the dealer gave me an internal memo from Stellantis of items that would cause longer lead times...... So I didnt take them....... Sunroof, trailer tech, surround view cameras. And here I sit.......... no updates just that I'm D status. I was told 4-6 months when I ordered I guess I'm sitting here a little over 3 months but its killing me not having an end in sight.

JeepingNet

Reaction score
Looking at the sequence number update tonight I think I've found the missing link as to why so few PWs are being built. It is the camera system.. I think.. I couldn't figure out how it could be the cameras if limiteds are being built with the camera system. But I realized today that the side mirrors are different since the PW is not chrome. I bet the non-chrome 360 camera mirrors are on backorder. All the PW built since mid-March don't include that system.

Edgycanuck I'm the same.. I'm in D since January 12th and in Canada. I suspect I'm now until June/July at the soonest.

Andersen24

Reaction score
Looking at the sequence number update tonight I think I've found the missing link as to why so few PWs are being built. It is the camera system.. I think.. I couldn't figure out how it could be the cameras if limiteds are being built with the camera system. But I realized today that the side mirrors are different since the PW is not chrome. I bet the non-chrome 360 camera mirrors are on backorder. All the PW built since mid-March don't include that system.

Edgycanuck I'm the same.. I'm in D since January 12th and in Canada. I suspect I'm now until June/July at the soonest.
Dang and I thought I was a tweaker -haha. If you’re right, thats a great find! I figured I was $crewed anyways since I literally ordered everything on the menu that needs a chip!

rcghawks

Reaction score

I am also in the same boat with a order date of 12/11/21. Still in D status as of today in the US. Might be due to all the electronics and maybe due to profit margin now.

thkbaron

Reaction score

called it. quit getting the nanny stuff!! I'm sure they are super useful but I really didn't want all the extra tech crap.

EdgyCanuck

Reaction score

called it. quit getting the nanny stuff!! I'm sure they are super useful but I really didn't want all the extra tech crap.
@JeepingNet you might be on to something......... however I dont have the 360 cameras on my order, I was told that would cause delays.....Figured I never had them why start now?!?!?!?!!? I will say after my order I did start second guessing myself (on the cameras and the standard rims not the beadlocks)...... but I went with no cameras no beadlocks at the end of the day.

IowaPW

Reaction score
I'm still D1 although pushed back a couple weeks. ESD of 27Apr now. L3 with all the tech goodies, minus sunroof and Ram boxes. 07Jan US order.

IowaPW

Reaction score
Still believe all somewhat random. Some things make no sense.

IowaPW

Reaction score

If the Build and Price pictures are valid, the only chrome part of the mirror is the body piece that flips up and contains the two mirrors. So, just part of the subassembly. The main attaching piece that contains the cameras appears to be black on the Limiteds as well. Then, if any Limiteds are NE, they are all black like PWs.

JeepingNet

Reaction score
If the Build and Price pictures are valid, the only chrome part of the mirror is the body piece that flips up and contains the two mirrors. So, just part of the subassembly. The main attaching piece that contains the cameras appears to be black on the Limiteds as well. Then, if any Limiteds are NE, they are all black like PWs.

The mirror assembly is all one part number. I've had to replace the tow mirror on my current truck before and you need to order in if it is chrome or black. At the truck assembly plant, the mirrors are delivered whole from their manufacturer.

These mirrors were something I've been concerned about because I imagine they are $$$
Edit: oh they aren't as bad as I thought.. https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com...or-mirrors-and-related-parts--exterior-mirror

IowaPW

Reaction score
The mirror assembly is all one part number. I've had to replace the tow mirror on my current truck before and you need to order in if it is chrome or black. At the truck assembly plant, the mirrors are delivered whole from their manufacturer.

These mirrors were something I've been concerned about because I imagine they are $$$
Edit: oh they aren't as bad as I thought.. https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com...or-mirrors-and-related-parts--exterior-mirror
I get that. But when they assemble them there are individual part numbers for pieces in the sub-assembly. The bottom part and camera are all common.

WynnThe Wizard

Reaction score
Dealer checked truck status today and I was told it has an estimated ship date of 4/28. Can that same
dealer request that the hood decal be maintained on it? I did request this 40 days ago with no answer back.
Seems L3 order deletes it w/o mentioning that fact.

Users who are viewing this thread