Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

AKDREDGER

Reaction score
Okay, finally found a 2500 Limited near me that I could drive and view the payload sticker. The news is just awful; 1,990 lb payload.

View attachment 152

2019 RAM 2500 SRW 4x4 Limited Crew Cab 6"4" Bed
+Delmonico Red, $100
+Towing Tech Grp, $445
+Protection Group, $95
+5th Whl/Gooseneck Towing Prep, $445
+Body Color Bumper, $395
+Limited Level 1 Group, $2,995
+Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle, $445
+6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel, $9,100
+Power Sunroof, $1,095
-RamBox Delete, -$490

MSRP: $80,520

With our trailer's GVWR of 11,000 and 1,600 hitch weight, there doesn't appear to be any way a 2500 Limited is going to work for us as we'd only have 390 lbs of payload remaining. While we don't need the 5th Wheel / Gooseneck Towing Prep, we would like the RamBox, extra alternator, auto level air suspension, and deployable bed step. Does anyone know the weight of the sunroof or 5th Wheel / Gooseneck Towing Prep?

It's looking like if we're going to get a RAM, it'll have to be a 3500.
My 23 Mega Cab is worse.

Attachments

• 20230828_110632.jpg
    20230828_110632.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 56

Riccochet

Reaction score
I had to buy a set of 20" wheels and swap them on any time I towed my camper. I didn't bother when towing the bass boat.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Source: trust me bro
I always thought it was with a full tank as well.

JD Power seems to agree.

"Your vehicle’s curb weight is the weight when empty. This includes a full tank of gas and full fluid reservoirs but no passengers or cargo. Knowing your curb weight gives you a baseline for determining how much you can haul. Subtract your curb weight from your GVWR, and you know how much weight you can load into the vehicle."

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I always thought it was with a full tank as well.

JD Power seems to agree.

"Your vehicle’s curb weight is the weight when empty. This includes a full tank of gas and full fluid reservoirs but no passengers or cargo. Knowing your curb weight gives you a baseline for determining how much you can haul. Subtract your curb weight from your GVWR, and you know how much weight you can load into the vehicle."

It usually also includes a 150lbs driver

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
It usually also includes a 150lbs driver
Payload number for a RAM does not include anything. Payload is GVWR minus Base weight.

It is the tow rating that includes an allowance....and why follow an allowance when I know very few grown men who weigh 150lbs, hell, most teenagers exceed that allowance

Also, the low payload on those trucks was the suspension, the 22 inch wheels just denote that that truck has the sport tuned suspension!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Payload number for a RAM does not include anything. Payload is GVWR minus Base weight.

It is the tow rating that includes an allowance....and why follow an allowance when I know very few grown men who weigh 150lbs, hell, most teenagers exceed that allowance

Also, the low payload on those trucks was the suspension, the 22 inch wheels just denote that that truck has the sport tuned suspension!
Ah thats right towing includes the driver my mistake

Riccochet

Reaction score
Negative. The load rating on the wheels was not capable of handling more weight. The same truck with the 20" wheels had a payload of 1500-1700 depending on options/config. There is no such thing as a "sport suspension". Sport is an appearance package only. My source, because I owned one.

IMG_20170917_132426.jpg

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Negative. The load rating on the wheels was not capable of handling more weight. The same truck with the 20" wheels had a payload of 1500-1700 depending on options/config. There is no such thing as a "sport suspension". Sport is an appearance package only. My source, because I owned one.

View attachment 61826
I am not saying you are wrong. But I assumed those high impact sport trucks only came with the 22 and the suspension was the limiting factor. Guess, not...they came with 20s then it was the wheels. Good to know. Not what the towing guide said last time I looked...I read it wrong!

Good to know! All the other thrown out information on forums...it was a good test to see if anyone reads my comments....

Do you happen to have a pic of the silver door sticker?

Riccochet

Reaction score
I am not saying you are wrong. But I assumed those high impact sport trucks only came with the 22 and the suspension was the limiting factor. Guess, not...they came with 20s then it was the wheels. Good to know. Not what the towing guide said last time I looked...I read it wrong!

Good to know! All the other thrown out information on forums...it was a good test to see if anyone reads my comments....

Do you happen to have a pic of the silver door sticker?
I do. I wish I took a pic of my friends, same year/model in the ignition orange with the 20's. His payload was in the 1500's.

IMG_20171031_084116.jpg

For reference, same truck with 20" wheels.

1693267588686.png

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct. And still a useless allowance. I weigh 315 dressed for work!

They have to use something...

The max tow rating is really a marketing number anyways, the tongue weight used is too low to give an accurate representation.

Finn5033

Reaction score
2022 Cummins Crew Cab 4x4 Tradesman. Chrome appearance, Level 2, snow chiefIMG_2065.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread