Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New update last night (Nov 8 2023) 25.51

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I think there’s a TSB that addresses not receiving OTA updates, something about the date and time. Do you set your own time on the radio, or do you sync with gps?

On some of my other past Mopar's that had connected services I've had issues with OTA's never getting pushed until I was able to get my hands on an update and force it. Then they'd work again until they sporadically stopped. It's been an issue much longer than UC5 has been around in my experience across multiple brands. They need to do a better job at fleet management of the firmware rollouts and really should go back to at-least making them available for download by VIN again IMO. I know from professional experience working with other OEM's that the teams they outsource most of that stuff to are incompetent at best and down right negligent at worst. I wouldn't be surprised if its the same for Stellantis.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score

mountainears

Reaction score
Anyone have a cheatsheet of what personalizations get trashed when you factory reset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phatboy64

Reaction score
I keep this folder saved in my google drive, usually where I'm able to source updates when folks are able to get their hands on them being that I'm connected services deleted (yay for no telematics module nonsense killing features) and I upgraded from the 8.4 Non-Nav UC5 to the 12.1.

I installed T27.46 today. I had to factory reset, probably could've just created a new profile, but all the new stuff is there. Since I'm connected services deleted I don't lose any apps since the truck can't phone home to stellantis.
Thanks!

44Dan44

Reaction score
Just adding this here, the list of what is supposed to be included in the 5 year and 10 year free trials.
Image 10-8-23 at 7.19 AM.jpg

maxx442

Reaction score
I know this thread is for the 12" uconnect 5. Does anyone happen to have the updated downloads for the 8.4" UC5?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I know this thread is for the 12" uconnect 5. Does anyone happen to have the updated downloads for the 8.4" UC5?
If you have the 8.4 w/NAV it's the same files as the 12". Both of those are the R1-High variant and use the same module behind the dash. If it's w/o NAV then I was never able to find them short of going to the dealer and complaining for them update me due to the connected services delete (no OTA) - That is the R1-Low variant. That combined with the general slowness/lag of the w/o NAV version using things like my 360 cameras and such is part of the reason I upgraded.

g00fy

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 does everything work for you in the trailer pages and the off-road pages? I still can't get any of the off-road gauges to work, and absolutely nothing works on the trailer pages, even the stuff like trailer light check that works from the cluster won't work from the uconnect.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 does everything work for you in the trailer pages and the off-road pages? I still can't get any of the off-road gauges to work, and absolutely nothing works on the trailer pages, even the stuff like trailer light check that works from the cluster won't work from the uconnect.
I manually updated my 22 UC5 12” last night. The trailer pages showed up after the update. Were there one minute and then gone the next. Same thing happened today.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I manually updated my 22 UC5 12” last night. The trailer pages showed up after the update. Were there one minute and then gone the next. Same thing happened today.

That sounds like the connected services nerfing it =/. Mine all started working after a factory reset post upgrade. Before the factory reset it was there, but none of the stuff worked right.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Everything in the off road pages and trailer pages is fully functional for me except for the trailer light check.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds like the connected services nerfing it =/. Mine all started working after a factory reset post upgrade. Before the factory reset it was there, but none of the stuff worked right.
Yeah I think that’s exactly what’s happening. As soon as the truck connects to the connected services, it’s gone. It’s shown up a couple times (and been functional) when the truck isn’t fully powered on and running. But ultimately it disappears and all I’m left with is the off-road pages icon.

g00fy

Reaction score
Everything in the off road pages and trailer pages is fully functional for me except for the trailer light check.
I don't understand why NONE of the gauges work for me in either page.

Edit: updated to the latest file, most of the gauges started working, still cannot get pitch and roll gauges to work.

Last edited:

combine9770sts

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 22 Laramie Cummins 8.4 Nav. It’s on the FCA-MY22.S26.17-PROD and not showing any available updates. When I shift to reverse I cannot get the hitch zoom button to work unless I shift to neutral,hit the X icon and then shift into reverse again. For this reason alone I am seeking an update.

One member posted that the 12 inch connect uses the same files as the 8.4 Nav I would just like to confirm if this is true.

Also I should mention,I got the three month trial of assistance to use the app for remote starting and when it ended it kept working for about 5 days then quit.

I paid for one month here recently and cancelled my subscription on the 3rd of October and it is now the 14th and it’s still working. Also made sure to check my card wasn’t charged. Perhaps I should hold off updating until it stops if it will at all.

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 22 Laramie Cummins 8.4 Nav. It’s on the FCA-MY22.S26.17-PROD and not showing any available updates. When I shift to reverse I cannot get the hitch zoom button to work unless I shift to neutral,hit the X icon and then shift into reverse again. For this reason alone I am seeking an update.

One member posted that the 12 inch connect uses the same files as the 8.4 Nav I would just like to confirm if this is true.

Also I should mention,I got the three month trial of assistance to use the app for remote starting and when it ended it kept working for about 5 days then quit.

I paid for one month here recently and cancelled my subscription on the 3rd of October and it is now the 14th and it’s still working. Also made sure to check my card wasn’t charged. Perhaps I should hold off updating until it stops if it will at all.
I have had the same issue on my 12 inch for several months now. It's really annoying when hooking up a trailer, especially if you need to pull forward to make a minor adjustment.

Texasram1

Reaction score
how does one do a factory reset after a forced manual update?

Texasram1

Reaction score
I keep this folder saved in my google drive, usually where I'm able to source updates when folks are able to get their hands on them being that I'm connected services deleted (yay for no telematics module nonsense killing features) and I upgraded from the 8.4 Non-Nav UC5 to the 12.1.

I installed T27.46 today. I had to factory reset, probably could've just created a new profile, but all the new stuff is there. Since I'm connected services deleted I don't lose any apps since the truck can't phone home to stellantis.
is T27.46 still in this folder? All I can see are BSM and Mirror mod notes and RamCares Removal Request.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
is T27.46 still in this folder? All I can see are BSM and Mirror mod notes and RamCares Removal Request.

Its gone, also wasn't my folder. If you hunt around you can still find it, but that sucks as it was a great resource. If ram spent more time fixing their software distribution process folks wouldn't need to share the downloads around ......

Users who are viewing this thread