Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NAViKS Surround Camera Installation and Use

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing mine today now I can't get the cameras to come back (just blue screen that says camera system unavailable)
I had the batteries unhooked when I installed the Naviks and then rehooked them and after 3 hours and several times starting the truck and cycling the key still the same screen.
I unhooked the batteries again and left them unhooked for about an hour then hooked them back up and after 2 more hours and several cycles still the blue screen and "Camera System unavailable" all the other functions of the radio seem to be working.
has anyone had any issues getting the camera system back?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing mine today now I can't get the cameras to come back (just blue screen that says camera system unavailable)
I had the batteries unhooked when I installed the Naviks and then rehooked them and after 3 hours and several times starting the truck and cycling the key still the same screen.
I unhooked the batteries again and left them unhooked for about an hour then hooked them back up and after 2 more hours and several cycles still the blue screen and "Camera System unavailable" all the other functions of the radio seem to be working.
has anyone had any issues getting the camera system back?
Just leave it be, and they’ll come back in about a day. Every time you unhook the batteries, the process starts over.

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
Patience Grasshopper!!!
forget the 30 mins mentioned in the Naviks literature for the Camera System to start working again!
After letting it set overnight I started the truck up this morning and everything works as it supposed to..

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I did disable the front camera guideline option today but it hasn't dropped off the radio CSM yet. I'm done trying to get the forward camera/guidelines working as it appears it doesn't work on the 3500 trucks.

I also played around with it a bit more and got it back to where it will switch the camera R-D but unsure of the "stickiness" of that right now so I'll have to work with it some more.

Is your camera switching from R-D properly now? I finally installed mine last Friday and it is still switching properly. I have not enabled Aux Cameras yet though.

I also got lucky with the install. Mine took less than an hour to get the cameras back.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your camera switching from R-D properly now? I finally installed mine last Friday and it is still switching properly. I have not enabled Aux Cameras yet though.

I also got lucky with the install. Mine took less than an hour to get the cameras back.

It has a mind of its own.

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
Reviving this old thread :)
I traded my 2020 RAM for a 2022 Ram 3500, and I removed my Naviks unit, does anyone know if it will work with the 2022?
I don't need the camera inputs as my new truck has them but I wouldn't mind the ability to run the cameras while driving.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Reviving this old thread :)
I traded my 2020 RAM for a 2022 Ram 3500, and I removed my Naviks unit, does anyone know if it will work with the 2022?
I don't need the camera inputs as my new truck has them but I wouldn't mind the ability to run the cameras while driving.

UC5 has completely different connectors, so no it won't work.

Users who are viewing this thread