Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lumpskie's Prospector (Diesel Power Wagon) Build

jadmt

Reaction score
if you have a 2019 or newer the procal will only set to 35, 45, 60, 65, 80 and 95. if you try lower than one of those it will automatically set to the next highest. ie if you try and set it at 20 it will go to 35 if try and set at 30 it will go to 35 . they trigger at 75% of those values so I have mine set at 35psi and they won't trigger unless I drop under 27psi.
0C554428-A421-42FF-936E-3AF6C93562D3.jpeg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
if you have a 2019 or newer the procal will only set to 35, 45, 60, 65, 80 and 95. if you try lower than one of those it will automatically set to the next highest. ie if you try and set it at 20 it will go to 35 if try and set at 30 it will go to 35 . they trigger at 75% of those values so I have mine set at 35psi and they won't trigger unless I drop under 27psi.
View attachment 28386
Thanks for clarifying. Cool!

Lumpskie

Reaction score
I really need to dig that procal out and play with it. I think 35psi will be the perfect pressure for me.

Boring, I know... but I got a BW 9" drop hitch. I think it's cool.
31qKlHVh.jpg

Also, I got my truck NH Oil coated... on of the guys at the shop has an AEV Bison. I hadn't seen one before:

gAZexynh.jpg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I really need to dig that procal out and play with it. I think 35psi will be the perfect pressure for me.

31qKlHVh.jpg

Also, I got my truck NH Oil coated... on of the guys at the shop has an AEV Bison. I hadn't seen one before:

gAZexynh.jpg
Dude. Nice balls.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

31qKlHVh.jpg

gAZexynh.jpg
What is the layout of the balls? (It looks like the smallest ball is up?) Nothing will ever happen to damage or otherwise render my bulletproof hitch useless but if I were to do it again I may try the b&w. it looks lower profile which may allow my rear sensors to work.

Also… if the 2” ball is in the middle (wishful thinking) it would allow more drop for me because my bottom ball hits the ground. My hitch hangs pretty far out of the receiver which is nice for clearances and towing but on 8” drop, the bottom ball hits the ground so I can only use the 6” setting (Only adjustable in 2” increments)

Lumpskie

Reaction score
What is the layout of the balls? (It looks like the smallest ball is up?) Nothing will ever happen to damage or otherwise render my bulletproof hitch useless but if I were to do it again I may try the b&w. it looks lower profile which may allow my rear sensors to work.

Also… if the 2” ball is in the middle (wishful thinking) it would allow more drop for me because my bottom ball hits the ground. My hitch hangs pretty far out of the receiver which is nice for clearances and towing but on 8” drop, the bottom ball hits the ground so I can only use the 6” setting (Only adjustable in 2” increments)
Wow, yeah... I hadn't thought about the bottom ball hitting the ground. I believe the center ball is the 1 7/8" ball... I'll have to check.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Wow, yeah... I hadn't thought about the bottom ball hitting the ground. I believe the center ball is the 1 7/8" ball... I'll have to check.
Yours is much tighter to the bumper, should be less of an issue with yours.

Mine sticks out behind the truck. It’s beefy but it’s pretty ridiculous looking. And it blocks the park sensors
1CD568AF-83CA-49C9-B216-587482D011C9.jpeg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

Depending on the cost of the ball piece why not cut the bottom off and buy a second one and cut the opposing ball off for full use of the 8”?

I know my curt i can get single balls and a pintle id imagine bullet proof is the same if you didn't want to start cutting your balls off :D

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Depending on the cost of the ball piece why not cut the bottom off and buy a second one and cut the opposing ball off for full use of the 8”?

I know my curt i can get single balls and a pintle id imagine bullet proof is the same if you didn't want to start cutting your balls off :D
I thought about that but the flip ball attachy thing is $150

Last edited:

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the Procal, you guys. I set my TPMS to 35psi and everything is happy.

Merry Christmas.

Lumpskie

Reaction score
is the instrument cluster unique/custom to the prospector? Can you post a closer/clearer picture?
I know the cluster is at least modified for AEV because it has "AEV" in the tachometer. I think that might be the only difference. Here's another picture... but not much better:

bTC8heTh.jpg

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Got some truck related goodies for Christmas this year.

AEV bag, kinetic recovery strap, tree saver, snatch block, soft shackle and a cool little inflatable solar lantern. Compared the the recovery gear for my Land Cruiser, this stuff feels huge.

yoxdAEhh.jpg

WMKc0duh.jpg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Got some truck related goodies for Christmas this year.

AEV bag, kinetic recovery strap, tree saver, snatch block, soft shackle and a cool little inflatable solar lantern. Compared the the recovery gear for my Land Cruiser, this stuff feels huge.

yoxdAEhh.jpg

WMKc0duh.jpg
Sweet kit score!

Lumpskie

Reaction score
If you have the ability maybe you can record the flex measurements before and after while driving up the driver's side versus the passenger's side. After modifying many Jeeps I always noticed different measurements depending upon what side was driven up on. It would be interesting to see how your new arm impacted those results.
Great idea. If I can get a not so cold and dry day I'll try to get passenger side measurements.

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT tires? My BFGs are a little worn and I almost got stuck in some deeper snow yesterday. The treads on the Mickey Thompsons look promising.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Curious to know what your thoughts are for the mickeys if you go with those. I've got the Falken AT3Ws and have been pretty happy with their snow performance, but I lack a winch so I've not yet taken it anywhere in deep "off road" snow, just because I don't trust that I've got enough equipment to clear myself out.

I'm pretty interested in the new BFG KO2s that just came out. A 39" (prob nets around 38" as BFG always rates high) with a 3 peak rated tire and only 78 lbs.

el_barto

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT tires? My BFGs are a little worn and I almost got stuck in some deeper snow yesterday. The treads on the Mickey Thompsons look promising.
I’ve not heard about their snow performance yet, but I went wheeling with a guy that had them on his super duty and they seemed to do well. They looked great too!
If I hear they are good in the snow I will consider them for my next pair of tires
89AE10AF-5873-40B5-95BD-D7AECDBE69A9.jpeg

Greenhills

Reaction score
Curious to know what your thoughts are for the mickeys if you go with those. I've got the Falken AT3Ws and have been pretty happy with their snow performance, but I lack a winch so I've not yet taken it anywhere in deep "off road" snow, just because I don't trust that I've got enough equipment to clear myself out.

I'm pretty interested in the new BFG KO2s that just came out. A 39" (prob nets around 38" as BFG always rates high) with a 3 peak rated tire and only 78 lbs.
I would be interested if they had decent tread depth. They start off half worn out unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread