Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a Part Number? Must provide VIN (only up to model year 2020 at this time)

Wilstone

Reaction score
Thanks man! I'm looking for the plastic pads that snap into the running boards. There are 3. Two side pieces and one center. My vin# is 3C6UR5DJ3LG282424. Any help u can provide would be appreciated.

01Time

Reaction score
Thanks man! I'm looking for the plastic pads that snap into the running boards. There are 3. Two side pieces and one center. My vin# is 3C6UR5DJ3LG282424. Any help u can provide would be appreciated.
Attached are the parts related to the running boards for that VIN (not all of the listed parts are pictured in the illustration). Let me know if you need something else.

Attachments

• 505 - RUNNING BOARDS AND SIDE STEPS.pdf
    162.5 KB · Views: 17

bpier962

Reaction score
01Timer, I have a 2020 2500 Laramie , 3C6UR5FL3LG274659, and want to add the rear cargo camera to it. I don't have the surround view so I just need the high mount tail light with the cargo camera. I have tried searching the forums and there is a lot of information out there and am not sure which parts I need. I have found on a mopar site part number 68367388AB but I can't tell if that has the camera installed or not. Thanks for any help.
Bob

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
01Timer, I have a 2020 2500 Laramie , 3C6UR5FL3LG274659, and want to add the rear cargo camera to it. I don't have the surround view so I just need the high mount tail light with the cargo camera. I have tried searching the forums and there is a lot of information out there and am not sure which parts I need. I have found on a mopar site part number 68367388AB but I can't tell if that has the camera installed or not. Thanks for any help.
Bob
Just a heads up, in order for him to pull up the CHMSL with cargo camera you’re looking for, you need to give him the VIN of a truck that was built with that option. If you give him your VIN, the only part number you will see is the one that is currently on your truck. The part number you found is the CHMSL with cargo camera for the surround view system, which won’t work on your truck without installing the entire surround view system. The one you would need is part number 68523966AA, and includes the camera.

bpier962

Reaction score
Just a heads up, in order for him to pull up the CHMSL with cargo camera you’re looking for, you need to give him the VIN of a truck that was built with that option. If you give him your VIN, the only part number you will see is the one that is currently on your truck. The part number you found is the CHMSL with cargo camera for the surround view system, which won’t work on your truck without installing the entire surround view system. The one you would need is part number 68523966AA, and includes the camera.
Thanks Jimmy. Any idea why the camera I need is so much more expensive then the one I found for the surround system?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy. Any idea why the camera I need is so much more expensive then the one I found for the surround system?
Not sure. That’s just how it’s always been for that part.

Remy

Reaction score
Would you know the part number for the front and rear bumpers painted in granite crystal for a 2021 Ram 2500 currently have a tradesman so I am not sure if my VIN will help but I can pull it if needed. I would also like the part numbers for the grill pieces around the grill and headlights also in granite crystal please! I just want to price them to see if it would be cheaper to just buy from the dealer or paint chrome but heard it doesn't stick well on chrome.

Thank you for helping the group out like this!!

01Time

Reaction score
Would you know the part number for the front and rear bumpers painted in granite crystal for a 2021 Ram 2500 currently have a tradesman so I am not sure if my VIN will help but I can pull it if needed. I would also like the part numbers for the grill pieces around the grill and headlights also in granite crystal please! I just want to price them to see if it would be cheaper to just buy from the dealer or paint chrome but heard it doesn't stick well on chrome.

Thank you for helping the group out like this!!
If you can give me a VIN of a truck that has these parts (not your current truck unless you're wanting to get the same replacement part that came with your truck), it makes it much easier to look up. Otherwise, I have to browse through all the parts manually, checking it against sales/paint codes...besides taking longer, it introduces the potential of human (me) error.

Remy

Reaction score
If you can give me a VIN of a truck that has these parts (not your current truck unless you're wanting to get the same replacement part that came with your truck), it makes it much easier to look up. Otherwise, I have to browse through all the parts manually, checking it against sales/paint codes...besides taking longer, it introduces the potential of human (me) error.
Ok let me do so research and see if I can find a vin for a granite crystal sport edition. thank you for the quick reply

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Here’s the VIN of a granite crystal body matched for him- 3C6UR5NL9MG610155
But, I’m pretty sure all new body parts come black, and need to be painted.

Remy

Reaction score
Here’s the VIN of a granite crystal body matched for him- 3C6UR5NL9MG610155
But, I’m pretty sure all new body parts come black, and need to be painted.
Wow Jimmy you are quick thank you! Can someone please confirm if that is true?

Hey Jimmy I just placed my order for the passive entry door handles so I will be ordering your harness once I get a shipping confirmation from Mopar! :)

01Time

Reaction score
Something I've done that has been very helpful is I found a truck by searching the online auto sales websites (Auto Trader, Car Gurus, etc.) that was essentially the same (cab size, color, drivetrain, etc.) as my Tradesman, but had all the options I anticipate wanting (it ended up being a Laramie). And I saved that VIN and use it to research and order parts.

Attached are the parts list for the front and rear bumper of a Granite Crystal Metallic (PAU/QAU) 2500 Laramie with color matched bumpers (sales codes MBA and MBC). I'm not sure if they are plain black plastic or come already color matched - I don't see any paint codes attached to the part, so I would assume it comes prepped, but not painted.

Attachments

• 310 - BUMPER, REAR.pdf
    207.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 210 - BUMPER, FRONT.pdf
    202.6 KB · Views: 1

Jgouldski

Reaction score
Something I've done that has been very helpful is I found a truck by searching the online auto sales websites (Auto Trader, Car Gurus, etc.) that was essentially the same (cab size, color, drivetrain, etc.) as my Tradesman, but had all the options I anticipate wanting (it ended up being a Laramie). And I saved that VIN and use it to research and order parts.

Attached are the parts list for the front and rear bumper of a Granite Crystal Metallic (PAU/QAU) 2500 Laramie with color matched bumpers (sales codes MBA and MBC). I'm not sure if they are plain black plastic or come already color matched - I don't see any paint codes attached to the part, so I would assume it comes prepped, but not painted.
This is a great idea. What things are important to make sure are the same between the trucks? I'm thinking same size (2500), same engine, transmission, cab size, box size... anything else? You mentioned color. Does that really matter? What about seating capacity? Thanks!

01Time

Reaction score
This is a great idea. What things are important to make sure are the same between the trucks? I'm thinking same size (2500), same engine, transmission, cab size, box size... anything else? You mentioned color. Does that really matter? What about seating capacity? Thanks!
For me it was the things that can't (reasonably) be changed, like the 2500/3500, engine/transmission, cab/box size, and paint color. The reason color was important to me is that I replaced my door and tailgate handles because I added passive entry and surround view cameras that required new, color matched handles. As far as seating capacity, if that refers to standard/crew/mega cabs - yes, because I do have plans down the road to upgrade my interior and would use my 'proxy' VIN to make sure I buy the right parts.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's one for you:

68578934AA is a 2022 tailgate handle (unpainted) with the new LED option (it's missing the LED)

What is the LED strip part number, and if possible, what is the wire harness part number as opposed to a 2019-2021 harness?

2022 VIN 3C63RRRL2NG101877 (limited)
2021 VIN 3C6UR5DL7MG680108 (Bighorn)

@g00fy

Jgouldski

Reaction score
For me it was the things that can't (reasonably) be changed, like the 2500/3500, engine/transmission, cab/box size, and paint color. The reason color was important to me is that I replaced my door and tailgate handles because I added passive entry and surround view cameras that required new, color matched handles. As far as seating capacity, if that refers to standard/crew/mega cabs - yes, because I do have plans down the road to upgrade my interior and would use my 'proxy' VIN to make sure I buy the right parts.
Oh yeah, color matching of course makes sense then. That's actually one of the main reasons I'm looking into this, I want to add passive entry and surround view cameras too. I've found a few close matches, but since I have the 8' box on my '19 2500 crew cab it really limits my chances of finding a good match. I may be able to use a VIN from a truck with a smaller box, but I would hate to get a part that is just barely the wrong size for my application.

01Time

Reaction score
Here's one for you:

68578934AA is a 2022 tailgate handle (unpainted) with the new LED option (it's missing the LED)

What is the LED strip part number, and if possible, what is the wire harness part number as opposed to a 2019-2021 harness?

@g00fy
Unfortunately there are no 2022 models listed in this EPC and very limited information on the 2021s. 68578934AA doesn't even show up as a valid part number when I search it. I'm hoping I will be getting an update soon so I'm not limited to only 2020 (and some 2021s) and below. None of the tailgate wiring options I'm currently finding have any mentions of a LED strip; I'm assuming it's a new sales code. But if it helps here (attached) is what I'm finding for the 2021 2500/3500 tailgate wiring.

Attachments

• 1510.01 - WIRING, CHASSIS AND UNDERBODY chassis and underbody [2021-3500].pdf
    137.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 1505.05 - WIRING, BODY wiring, tailgate [2021-2500].pdf
    145.4 KB · Views: 1

01Time

Reaction score
Oh yeah, color matching of course makes sense then. That's actually one of the main reasons I'm looking into this, I want to add passive entry and surround view cameras too. I've found a few close matches, but since I have the 8' box on my '19 2500 crew cab it really limits my chances of finding a good match. I may be able to use a VIN from a truck with a smaller box, but I would hate to get a part that is just barely the wrong size for my application.
--Door Handles--
1UJ81LAUAI - FRONT/LEFT [PAU], [MNK] [GXD] = GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BODY COLOR DOOR HANDLES, REMOTE PROXIMITY KEYLESS ENTRY
1UJ86LAUAI - FRONT/RIGHT [PAU], [MNK] [GXD] = GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BODY COLOR DOOR HANDLES, REMOTE PROXIMITY KEYLESS ENTRY
1GH18LAUAF - REAR/RIGHT [PAU], [MNK] = GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BODY COLOR DOOR HANDLES
1GH19LAUAF - REAR/LEFT [PAU], [MNK] = GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BODY COLOR DOOR HANDLES

--Tailgate Handle--
6RN80LAUAA - TAILGATE [PAU], [XJJ], [MNK], [XAK] = GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, LOCKING TAILGATE, BODY COLOR DOOR HANDLES, SURROUND VIEW CAMERA SYSTEM

--Exterior Mirrors--
68361476AC - RIGHT [GU9], [XAN], [XAK] = PWR HTD FOLDING DRVR MEMORY MIRRORS-CHROME, BLIND SPOT AND CROSS PATH DETECTION, SURROUND VIEW CAMERA SYSTEM
68361477AC - LEFT [GU9], [XAN], [XAK] = PWR HTD FOLDING DRVR MEMORY MIRRORS-CHROME, BLIND SPOT AND CROSS PATH DETECTION, SURROUND VIEW CAMERA SYSTEM

68381706AC - RIGHT [GU8], [XAN], [XAK] = PWR HTD FOLDING DRVR MEMORY MIRRORS-BLACK, BLIND SPOT AND CROSS PATH DETECTION, SURROUND VIEW CAMERA SYSTEM
68381707AC - LEFT [GU8], [XAN], [XAK] = PWR HTD FOLDING DRVR MEMORY MIRRORS-BLACK, BLIND SPOT AND CROSS PATH DETECTION, SURROUND VIEW CAMERA SYSTEM

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Here's one for you:

@g00fy
I’ll take stab at this. For 2022, it seems that the trailer hitch lamp is standard on all trucks? I can’t find any sales info that clearly states this, but, all the 2019-2021 tailgate handles are the same part numbers for their colors and cameras, and 2022 has a completely different set of part numbers. Here’s the list of 2022 handle part numbers below, and these are the sales code meanings:
MNA= Black textured
MNK= Body color
MNE= Body color with chrome
XAC= regular backup camera
XAK= surround view backup camera
XJJ= locking handles (standard)
Positions 7 & 8 in the part number define the color of the handle. Example: PAU is the paint code for granite crystal metallic. Drop the “P” in all the part numbers, and 7KJ43LAUAA is a granite crystal handle.
So, according to that list, the tailgate handle part number that you and g00fy have is for a black textured handle that accepts the hitch lamp and REGULAR backup camera. A black textured handle doesn’t exist that accepts the surround view backup camera.

For the tailgate handle jumper wiring, same as above- new set of part numbers for 2022 (*presumably* containing the lamp connector now).
Harness for regular backup camera equipped- 68521315AA
Harness for surround view backup camera equipped- 68521314AA

I’ll keep looking, but so far, I’m not seeing the part number for the lamp itself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread