Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's talk accessories

D

Deleted member 80

B&W stuff is top notch, and made in Kansas, not Shanghai.

bobohio

Reaction score
bobohio - what price did you get on the mx4? I got a quote of $755.

I think I am leaning toward the truxedo sentry ct now though. That one is $745 with a $70 rebate.

Also have to probably get a bigger hitch drop on my WDH I use for my travel trailer, looks like it's amazon for that.

Debating between B&W tow and stow vs some other drop hitch for boat and miscellaneous trailers. Anyone have an opinion on the B&W? It's crazy expensive, so, I'd love to be talked out of it!
The price online at autoanything is $863..but that is without talking to someone, he did say when I'm ready to order all of my accessories to contact him directly and he will save me even more money...they do have a lowest price guarantee which is why I order from them...even if you find it cheaper after you order they will still beat it! But I have my cart loaded up...just going to wait till my truck is closer to delivery before I order my parts...I have the Bakflip F1 now...great cover just fades in the sun, so I'm getting a new one

GILWILLIAMS

Reaction score
When someone figures out if the Mopar cab length chrome steps for a 18 will fit a 19, please let me know.

Reaction score
I think the Mopar chrome steps will fit the 19s, as our dealer was going to sell/install them on our Laramie 3500 once it came in. We all know how much dealers know, though :)

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
We all know how much dealers know, though :)
No kidding. When we went in yesterday for a test drive of a 2500 Limited, the first words out of the salesman’s mouth once he learned we’d be pulling an 11,000 lb TT was the 2500 would pull it EASILY. No need to even consider the 3500. What he failed to consider was payload. Just like all of the other salesman i’ve ever talked too. Of course the 2500 will pull it, I just won’t be able to bring any gear, food, water, tools, firewood, or the wife. Dog will fit though.

For once in my life I’d love to find a auto/truck salesperson who spent time asking questions to understand my needs vs. telling me what I need.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
No kidding. When we went in yesterday for a test drive of a 2500 Limited, the first words out of the salesman’s mouth once he learned we’d be pulling an 11,000 lb TT was the 2500 would pull it EASILY. No need to even consider the 3500. What he failed to consider was payload. Just like all of the other salesman i’ve ever talked too. Of course the 2500 will pull it, I just won’t be able to bring any gear, food, water, tools, firewood, or the wife. Dog will fit though.

For once in my life I’d love to find a auto/truck salesperson who spent time asking questions to understand my needs vs. telling me what I need.

I went out to the dealer today to see what I could get for the 1500... they asked what I was towing that I wanted to get rid of the 1500. Told them it wasn't the weight it could tow, it's the 1310 payload that leaves just enough for me and nothing else...

smh310

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can order the step bars (flat cab-length side steps, painted) that are in the "build and price" separate or do you have to order them with the truck? I cant find them on the mopar accessories site.

Jazdad2007

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can order the step bars (flat cab-length side steps, painted) that are in the "build and price" separate or do you have to order them with the truck? I cant find them on the mopar accessories site.
They are in the parts catalog under exterior accessories so you can do afterwards!! And 2014 and up fit just fine.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Jazdad- can you give me a measurement to the top of your receiver? My SRW short bed may be a bit different, but, I'm trying to figure out a drop hitch and new shank for my WDH.

Thanks!

crzysnake137

Reaction score
Jazdad- can you give me a measurement to the top of your receiver? My SRW short bed may be a bit different, but, I'm trying to figure out a drop hitch and new shank for my WDH.

Thanks!
Do you know what size drop a 2500 will need?

Heckyl

Reaction score
bobohio - what price did you get on the mx4? I got a quote of $755.

I think I am leaning toward the truxedo sentry ct now though. That one is $745 with a $70 rebate.

Also have to probably get a bigger hitch drop on my WDH I use for my travel trailer, looks like it's amazon for that.

Debating between B&W tow and stow vs some other drop hitch for boat and miscellaneous trailers. Anyone have an opinion on the B&W? It's crazy expensive, so, I'd love to be talked out of it!

I use a B&W and like it OK, but if I were to buy another one it would be a BulletProofHitch without a doubt.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Well, with the truck officially shipped and dealer thinking only a week or 2, I went ahead and ordered my tonneau cover today. Went with the Truxedo Sentry CT. I really wanted to try the rollup type cover and this one had better overall reviews than the Bak Revolver options. There is also an $80 rebate if ordered before 4/15, so, I wanted to jump on that. After rebate, it will be $665. Not too shabby.

Now I just need a measurement on the hitch height so I can get my towing setups worked out. I am pulling the RV on 5/4 (assuming truck is here), so, I have to get that one dialed in before then.

bobohio

Reaction score
Well, with the truck officially shipped and dealer thinking only a week or 2, I went ahead and ordered my tonneau cover today. Went with the Truxedo Sentry CT. I really wanted to try the rollup type cover and this one had better overall reviews than the Bak Revolver options. There is also an $80 rebate if ordered before 4/15, so, I wanted to jump on that. After rebate, it will be $665. Not too shabby.

Now I just need a measurement on the hitch height so I can get my towing setups worked out. I am pulling the RV on 5/4 (assuming truck is here), so, I have to get that one dialed in before then.
Let me know how you like the Truxedo...I haven't ordered my stuff yet but my cart is all full at Autoanything....just gonna wait another week or so...my truck is on the train, so dealer is thinking by may 1st for delivery.

RAM20193500

Reaction score
I just checked it out and prices are the same on the MX4, but checked out some nerf bars and they don't have the ones I want....but I already have my cart loaded at Autoanything, just waiting to actually order until I know my truck is on it's way as well....but Autoanything will also do better than their listed prices if you chat with them

I've had the MX4 on my current truck for 3 years. Excellent tonneau! You guys are talking about having covers in your cart, but I'm still not finding 2019 options online. Are you just ordering the 2018 version?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I've had the MX4 on my current truck for 3 years. Excellent tonneau! You guys are talking about having covers in your cart, but I'm still not finding 2019 options online. Are you just ordering the 2018 version?

Body wise, it is my understanding everything is the same from the A pillar back, so ordering a tonno/cap for a 2018 should fit just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread