Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's talk accessories

RAM20193500

Reaction score
Body wise, it is my understanding everything is the same from the A pillar back, so ordering a tonno/cap for a 2018 should fit just fine.

That was my understanding as well. However, I normally buy WeatherTech floor liners for all of our vehicles and they told me the cab was different, thus no liners for 3-4 months (I do wonder if they were thinking of the 1500).

Regardless, that's why I'm being cautious. If anyone can confirm one way or the other, please do. Thanks!

orlando bull

Reaction score
That was my understanding as well. However, I normally buy WeatherTech floor liners for all of our vehicles and they told me the cab was different, thus no liners for 3-4 months (I do wonder if they were thinking of the 1500).

Regardless, that's why I'm being cautious. If anyone can confirm one way or the other, please do. Thanks!
I probably would wait on interior stuff. Bed is the same, so, I felt good about that.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

There may be some differences in the cab as they lifted many interior components from the 1500.
Nothing wrong with being cautious before buying anything...

bobohio

Reaction score
Body wise, it is my understanding everything is the same from the A pillar back, so ordering a tonno/cap for a 2018 should fit just fine.
I'm leaning toward the Mx4 myself

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I'm leaning toward the Mx4 myself

ARE Cap for my needs... which makes the cargo camera somewhat useless, I've done some searching to see if it can be relocated, but I really haven't found much...

RAM20193500

Reaction score

crzysnake137

Reaction score
Well, with the truck officially shipped and dealer thinking only a week or 2, I went ahead and ordered my tonneau cover today. Went with the Truxedo Sentry CT. I really wanted to try the rollup type cover and this one had better overall reviews than the Bak Revolver options. There is also an $80 rebate if ordered before 4/15, so, I wanted to jump on that. After rebate, it will be $665. Not too shabby.

Now I just need a measurement on the hitch height so I can get my towing setups worked out. I am pulling the RV on 5/4 (assuming truck is here), so, I have to get that one dialed in before then.
I measured a 2500 at a dealer today, It measured at 23” from the bottom of the receiver opening to the ground, for the hitch I plan on ordering, it says I need a 8” drop.

orlando bull

Reaction score
I measured a 2500 at a dealer today, It measured at 23” from the bottom of the receiver opening to the ground, for the hitch I plan on ordering, it says I need a 8” drop.

Thanks! Awesome info, I appreciate it.

pd1072

Reaction score
I probably would wait on interior stuff. Bed is the same, so, I felt good about that.

I tried to order a truxedo prox15 from tonneaucovered for my 2500 mega cab with the rambox and he was convinced they’re different; even though everything I know says otherwise. I even called truxedo and they advised not buying a 2018 version, but should have the 2019 version out very soon. Not sure what to do, but could really use that cover in a few weeks.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to order a truxedo prox15 from tonneaucovered for my 2500 mega cab with the rambox and he was convinced they’re different; even though everything I know says otherwise. I even called truxedo and they advised not buying a 2018 version, but should have the 2019 version out very soon. Not sure what to do, but could really use that cover in a few weeks.

I know on a regular bed, the tonneau for an 18 fits perfectly. My guess is the Ram Box bed tonneau for an 18 will also fit perfectly.

orlando bull

Reaction score
I received my Truxedo Sentry CT yesterday, can't say enough good things about Luke with Truck Alterations. Ordered Friday, received Monday via FedEx. Now, if I just had my truck to put it on.

I also sent off for my rebate which will bring the total in at $665.

crzysnake137

Reaction score
Any thoughts on floor mats? I’d really like a set of weather techs, does anyone know if the 2018 mats are the same? And what do you think of the factory all weather mats?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
The cabin is supposed to be the same as the 2018's... there was a post elsewhere where vendors were saying 'no' they won't fit.

If the factory All Weather Mats are like the ones for the 1500, they are well liked and a great quality for the price (for the 1500 anyway).

D

Deleted member 80

I have run the factory "slush mats" in my last two trucks, and like them a lot. They hold a lot of debris within the mat, and they are not slippery.

Last edited by a moderator:

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
My only thought on the floor mats fitting is that the 8 speed is probably longer than the 6 speed was and this might result in a different shape for the trans tunnel/floorplan. I don't know that to be true, but it very easily could be. That's why I have not ordered any yet.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Installed my Truxedo Sentry CT this evening. Took about 30 min with a 1/2 in wrench. I like the look, hope it holds up well.

Also received my fastway flash e series drop hitch. I'm not planning to do a whole lot more for now.

crzysnake137

Reaction score
Installed my Truxedo Sentry CT this evening. Took about 30 min with a 1/2 in wrench. I like the look, hope it holds up well.

Also received my fastway flash e series drop hitch. I'm not planning to do a whole lot more for now.

Got my drop hitch in today as well! BulletProof hitches 8" Drop Hitch. Thing is massive, and built like a tank.226227

Users who are viewing this thread