Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see those power wagons

Iowa Wagon

Reaction score
Got a gas can setup on the bed rack. Had to rearrange the items on the rack to better distribute the weight. Think the rack is basically built-out now. Further down the road I will add a spare tire mount when I go from my 35s to 37s. Will probably add a 100w solar panel on top of the spare or the traction pads also.

View attachment 15255

What rack system is this? I’ve been looking for something that will work with Ramboxes to mount a RRT on. Thanks.

el_barto

Reaction score
Bumping the thread!

Is workday Wednesday a thing?

View attachment 16528
How is the light spread on those fog lights compared to stock? They look good and I’m sure the light output (raw lumens) is better than stock, but I have to say the light spread/beam pattern on the stock fog lights is really good simply because they wrap around the side of the bumper...

Also Are they the SAE fog lights or the regular “wide/fog beam”? I see people (Tacoma/4 runner drivers) with what look to be Baja designs fog lights driving around and they produce an obnoxious amount of glare.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
How is the light spread on those fog lights compared to stock? They look good and I’m sure the light output (raw lumens) is better than stock, but I have to say the light spread/beam pattern on the stock fog lights is really good simply because they wrap around the side of the bumper...

Also Are they the SAE fog lights or the regular “wide/fog beam”? I see people (Tacoma/4 runner drivers) with what look to be Baja designs fog lights driving around and they produce an obnoxious amount of glare.
I have the SAE and they have a pretty dang good cutoff. Here is a pic I posted before I went Led lowbeams. Shows how the BD fogs fill in below the headlights
Here is my headlights with the SAE squadrons. My driveway is a slight incline so that’s why the pattern is higher on the garage door.

but, the SAE squadrons fill in light under the headlights. The Jeep is in the way to show the width of the beam but I think the pic shows the general idea

View attachment 10811

TrailWhale

Reaction score

Mine are the SAE lights.

The stock fogs are good but these are better. The light is thrown out to the sides well, like the stock lights. BajaDesigns knows how to make some lights!

pdavey

Reaction score
Upgraded to the baja designs S2 Pocket Fog Lights designed for the TRX but also fit the Power Wagon.

Boy do those suckers throw out light over stock.

The second pic is just the baja design lights on the garage, no headlights.
631c2b322c95b97da01081a556367f0a.jpg
f31f5b3cdc7361a66f2abc280da5db5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Upgraded to the baja designs S2 Pocket Fog Lights designed for the TRX but also fit the Power Wagon.

Looks great. Love BD

dave41079

Reaction score

I love this. Might be doing the same thing to mine now.

Iowa Wagon

Reaction score
X2. After some BD ditch lights by the A pillar, I’m switching over the factory fogs to BD.

el_barto

Reaction score

Awesome. 100% plug and play?

does look like they might create a lot of glare though due to the light scatter out of the main beam area.

pdavey

Reaction score
Awesome. 100% plug and play?

does look like they might create a lot of glare though due to the light scatter out of the main beam area.
Yeah the kit from BD is completely plug and play. Even comes with a pigtail to connect the OEM connector for the lights to the harness on the new lights and a bracket.

Not cheap but good.

That close up pic shows the light more concentrated then it is. The throw is very directed and not straight on so won't blind people.

el_barto

Reaction score
Yeah the kit from BD is completely plug and play. Even comes with a pigtail to connect the OEM connector for the lights to the harness on the new lights and a bracket.

Not cheap but good.

That close up pic shows the light more concentrated then it is. The throw is very directed and not straight on so won't blind people.

Thanks... sounds like good kit.
I did a bit more research and I’m leaning towards the CJC fog light kit with the BD SAE lights, since I’d like to still use them on the street and not have everyone hate me from glare. Plus it looks like the BD Squadron SAE still puts out a few more lumens (2480) than a pair of S2s (2260) (but less than the Squadron Sport(3150))

USMC18PW

Reaction score
Went to Uwharrie on Sunday. Put the PW and the 37's to test on the backside of Danial. Rock crawled up the backside, for those of you who are familiar and went through the mud bowl. Had to be a little careful, since I have no rock sliders. The wife was so scared I would flip and completely disregarded videoing my first time doing this. To say the least. I was extremely pissed since I made it! However, she could see how important it was to have the rock sliders. Now to decide on Maple or White Knuckle??? Lol! I guess I've scored all away around today.

20210530_192040.jpg20210530_192046.jpg20210530_192103.jpg20210530_192207.jpg

Power247

Reaction score
Went to Uwharrie on Sunday. Put the PW and the 37's to test on the backside of Danial. Rock crawled up the backside, for those of you who are familiar and went through the mud bowl. Had to be a little careful, since I have no rock sliders. The wife was so scared I would flip and completely disregarded videoing my first time doing this. To say the least. I was extremely pissed since I made it! However, she could see how important it was to have the rock sliders. Now to decide on Maple or White Knuckle??? Lol! I guess I've scored all away around today.

View attachment 17134View attachment 17135View attachment 17136View attachment 17137
Congrats for making it through unscathed!! I would have loved to see the video, maybe next time. Don't be so hard on her, at least she went with you.

Greg
2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

TrailWhale

Reaction score
How tight were the trails for the PW? I haven't been up there in a couple of years and never in a full-size.

Users who are viewing this thread